RM article in the Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2012/03/canzano_rick_majeras_saw_somet.html

coach called this oregon reporter pushing for some publicity on BC's accomplishments.

---Majerus, at Saint Louis University since 2007, is winning again on the court. "We'll be a Top 10 team in about three years," he said. "I did it at Ball State, did it at Utah, and we're going to do it here."

The impressive thing is that he's doing it with players such as Conklin, who Majerus said was told by assistants with the Ducks and Beavers, "You'll never play here."---

got to love the guy, nice to hear that 3 years comment

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The neat thing about this is, RM initiated the call. Why? To get his man, BC, some hometown pub. And maybe, just maybe, he's got his eyes on a hot oregon cheer.... uh.... recruit that might think SLU would be a great place to come and play some basketball.

Nate Latsch says Conklin had 6 scholarship offers before St. Louis. Among others Oregon st., Portland, Portland St. offered.

thats not true. rickma says otherwise so THAT is golden

Great article on Rick. Really impressed with Majerus and proud that he's SLU's BBALL coach.

I read article once that Dean Smith wanted a certain player from Chicago and he had Michael Jordan give him a call. Nice to have those kind of ambassadors and loyalty to the program. You never know, maybe a year two down the road, we after some hot-shot recruit from Portland. Rick or one of the assistants show up with BC and BC says I loved my time at SLU, I was first team all-A10, academic all American and now a successful businessman.

Certainly impress the parents.

Great article on Rick. Really impressed with Majerus and proud that he's SLU's BBALL coach.

I read article once that Dean Smith wanted a certain player from Chicago and he had Michael Jordan give him a call. Nice to have those kind of ambassadors and loyalty to the program. You never know, maybe a year two down the road, we after some hot-shot recruit from Portland. Rick or one of the assistants show up with BC and BC says I loved my time at SLU, I was first team all-A10, academic all American and now a successful businessman.

Certainly impress the parents.

And that is definitely a recruiting violation

Nate Latsch says Conklin had 6 scholarship offers before St. Louis. Among others Oregon st., Portland, Portland St. offered.

The stranger thing is at the time of the signing Rick talked about how Conk was recruited by other schools and Conk's dad played a big part in Conk choosing to play for Rickma.

The neat thing about this is, RM initiated the call. Why? To get his man, BC, some hometown pub. And maybe, just maybe, he's got his eyes on a hot oregon cheer.... uh.... recruit that might think SLU would be a great place to come and play some basketball.

fuoking... OOPS.

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/oregon.jpg

thats not true. rickma says otherwise so THAT is golden

give it up Roy, it's a shame that you can't enjoy the success of this years team. It is also disappoing that you can find no good in anything RM does. You obviously have different standard for yourself than you do for others....

And we care why?

So your advocating illegal recruiting? Your kentucky roots are showing badly