Billikens Fan Fest APR 30 at Fetz

I tried checking their website. Someone with a modicum of web-design knowledge ought to trade them for a couple hundred bucks in meal credits. Any of you fine undergrads comp sci majors? (Do they teach html in the Communications department?)

User bomble used to run the site many moons ago. What say you, Swifty?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Backhand, dont think I didn't see you ask Casstiy for an autograph

Don't hate on autographs. I have a team signed ball for every team since 1995. My goal is to have a wall of the things.

Just got back from Fan Fest. Thought it was a good time. Granted my son is 18 months old, so we just wandered around. Many of the players seemed engaged with the kids and it was cool to see some of the behind the scenes work. Have to give some props to JB for having some fun with my son. And when watching BC teach the kids some down low moves he definitely was showing some enthusiasm. I think if this becomes more of a tradition, they'll probably have to organize it a bit better...but still fun.

And this was my first time listening to RM ramble in person. Thought him talking about proper form for shooting that jumped to past players, to grades, to butt muscles (and calling out a woman), to anything and everything was pretty entertaining. Glad they worked to set this up and hope they continue something like this for the future.

Based on people I saw, I don't think CS and PE were there, but I think everyone else was. If I remember the stations were something like:

BC and CR - post moves, rebounding

KC and KM - dribbling, layups

RL and MM - catch and shoot

DE, JJ, and someone else...maybe Femi...can't remember- knockout game

JB - weight room

CE - scouting report

I think the walk-ons were doing the little kids area where the goal was probably 3ft high.

Very cool event.

Just got back from Fan Fest. Thought it was a good time. Granted my son is 18 months old, so we just wandered around. Many of the players seemed engaged with the kids and it was cool to see some of the behind the scenes work. Have to give some props to JB for having some fun with my son. And when watching BC teach the kids some down low moves he definitely was showing some enthusiasm. I think if this becomes more of a tradition, they'll probably have to organize it a bit better...but still fun.

And this was my first time listening to RM ramble in person. Thought him talking about proper form for shooting that jumped to past players, to grades, to butt muscles (and calling out a woman), to anything and everything was pretty entertaining. Glad they worked to set this up and hope they continue something like this for the future.

Based on people I saw, I don't think CS and PE were there, but I think everyone else was. If I remember the stations were something like:

BC and CR - post moves, rebounding

KC and KM - dribbling, layups

RL and MM - catch and shoot

DE, JJ, and someone else...maybe Femi...can't remember- knockout game

JB - weight room

CE - scouting report

I think the walk-ons were doing the little kids area where the goal was probably 3ft high.

Very cool event.

Really enjoyed the scouting report station. CE and Harriman were very engaging and open. It was very educational. Also, good to hear from Cody that he is ahead of schedule on his recovery from the shoulder surgery.

CS and PE weren't at the event. Majerus got in a couple of nice ribs at PE about getting engaged and how his life is now over. Said he was probably at a tupperware party today. Also seemed to notice that JJ and DE have packed on more muscle since the end of the season. JJ's arms look huge now.

It was a great event today and all of the players and coaches were very friendly and seemed to enjoy themselves, which is good to see.

Really enjoyed the scouting report station. CE and Harriman were very engaging and open. It was very educational. Also, good to hear from Cody that he is ahead of schedule on his recovery from the shoulder surgery.

CS and PE weren't at the event. Majerus got in a couple of nice ribs at PE about getting engaged and how his life is now over. Said he was probably at a tupperware party today. Also seemed to notice that JJ and DE have packed on more muscle since the end of the season. JJ's arms look huge now.

It was a great event today and all of the players and coaches were very friendly and seemed to enjoy themselves, which is good to see.

Seemed like everyone enjoyed the event. I thought the video breakdown and scouting stuff was very cool. The scouting program costs $700,000 and is used by all NBA teams. They had up the scouting report for Duke including notes on every player and all the plays they anticipated.

Anyone see the visiting recruit at this event?

Sounds like a neat event, if not for a bunch of rescheduled little league games I would have been there .

Yeah, saw the visiting recruit (Winters). Couldn't tell how built he was, but he's probably around 6-6 or 6-7.

Also, not 100% on this, but I think I saw Jim Whitesell, the former Loyola coach, at the event today.

I saw only 1 recruit that they were walking thru during the FanFest. Didn't get his name.

Overall, I would say there was approximately 200-250 people who attended the first FanFest. Hopefully, it will grow over the years. RM said that they needed to work out the rough edges for the future. Things like better signage would have helped us get down to the practice gym.

The event was geared towards the young kids. Probably every one of them went home happy from all the attention that they received from the players.

Coaching in the future for Conklin? I thought he was the one player who rose above and beyond the call of duty. He showed a lot of patience and maturity in working with the kids.

Listening to Coach Harriman on how they put together the scouting reports, etc was worth the effort of making it down today. Kind of blew my mind when he quoted the $700K price tag for the scouting system that they purchased and installed. Toss in the charter flights, new gym and I kind of had to shake my head and wonder what Soderberg could had done with that type of support from SLU.

Did not see CS, PE or Femi John at the event.

Both Cassity and Conklin have graduated in 3 years and will be pursueing graduate work next year.

Ellis seems to be on track or ahead of schedule on his rehab. Doing some shooting, but will not really step up the bb playing till August.

Barnett - 3% body fat - best conditioned player on the team.

Remuken - had gone from 31 in vertical jump when he first reported to about 37 in currently.

Nice to see Mitchell at the event today. Looking forward to seeing both him and McCall on the court at the same time next year - 1 & 2 spots.

Evans - has put on 20 lbs of muscle in the past year. From a 200 flat to 220 today.

Good day to be a Billiken.

One other thing: the Australia trip is an uncertainty. Majerus called it due to "administration issues" . A trip to Canada was mentioned as a possible replacement if the Australia thing doesn't work out.

I guess the "administration issues" are Biondi doesn't want to pay for it. Some things will never change.

Yep. Majerus even said he is willing to pay for 1/2 of the trip out of his own pocket but the school needs to cover the other 1/2.

If Rick offered to pay half and the university fails to agree to pick up the remainder then it will be huge disappointment. We have a recruiting pipeline open to Australia / New Zealand and need to keep it going. A program like SLU needs every recruiting edge it can muster and this is an important one. Let's not go cheap on this summer trip.

Coaching in the future for Conklin? I thought he was the one player who rose above and beyond the call of duty. He showed a lot of patience and maturity in working with the kids.

Did not see CS, PE or Femi John at the event.

Conklin really was awesome. Showing tips, encouraging, and overall having fun.

Femi was definitely there as Majerus even called him out near the beginning of the session.

I missed the end due to our little one's nap schedule. Wish I could have heard the wrap up at the end. But like I said, really cool especially for the kids.

If Rick offered to pay half and the university fails to agree to pick up the remainder then it will be huge disappointment. We have a recruiting pipeline open to Australia / New Zealand and need to keep it going. A program like SLU needs every recruiting edge it can muster and this is an important one. Let's not go cheap on this summer trip.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! Let's spend a lot more recruiting efforts (costs and time) on Australia and New Zealand not too mention playing in some tournament down under when there are plenty of tournaments in the Northern Hemispere where toilets flush the correct direction. Our Billiken presence needs too be established in the good ole USA, Coach will be gone in 2 years and so will down under.

so it goes

I thought it was a pretty good event. They promised a little more organization in the future. Majerus says he won't "Quin Snyder" us and make this just a 1 time thing.

Femi was there. He worked in the main gym on postups with Cory and Brian.

The recruit Winters was there. He's as tall as Evans. He's got a good frame, probably weighs over 2 bills with room to put a lot more muscle on.

The scouting session in the locker room with Harriman were extremely informative. I poured over one of the scouting for several minutes.

There was another recruit there, HS age 15-16 about 6'5. Didn't recognize him but he and his father talked to the staff for a while.

There was another kid probably 12 or 13 who made a handful of shots from halfcourt in the main gym before everyone came in at the end. I told Majerus to offer him now.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! Let's spend a lot more recruiting efforts (costs and time) on Australia and New Zealand not too mention playing in some tournament down under when there are plenty of tournaments in the Northern Hemispere where toilets flush the correct direction. Our Billiken presence needs too be established in the good ole USA, Coach will be gone in 2 years and so will down under.

so it goes

Ridiculous. We have a coach from Australia with vast connections to known high level talent and you want us to ignore it?

I saw only 1 recruit that they were walking thru during the FanFest. Didn't get his name.

I saw 2. Sat near Quevyn Winters for the Q and A and there was another tall one there in the red clothes. 05 thought he might have been Chievous, but I am almost positive that it was not. I don't know who else it would be though.