Billikens Fan Fest APR 30 at Fetz

http://www.slubillikens.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042311aab.html

Billikens Fan Fest April 30

Complete with skills training for fans, tours of locker rooms and weight rooms

free soda and popcorn

Sounds fun and I recall Majerus mentioned this during the season. It is nice to see him carry through. Good idea on his part and I wish I could be there to take part.

*edit to show actual date April 30. I originally put in May 30. I guess I assumed the were advertising this well in advance.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we had more than a weeks notice for this. I'll be able to be there but it will be a stretch.

I'm afraid attendance is going to be pretty poor for this. 1 week notice, the end of April when college basketball is off most people's radar, and I doubt there will be a full media blitz getting the notice out.

YES!!! FanFest!! I will be assembling a group of Billiken fans to grab some Bloody Mary's in the A.M. at a location to be determined. Stay tuned!

I don't think Chuy's opens that early

It doesn't. For the 10 AM start of FanFest, best to hit up a bar that caters to the third shift crowd. There are some around Barnes and A-B. Of the top of my head, I know that Rigazzi's on the Hill opens really early.

Good luck to both of you. I ran the 1/2 pig last year. Fun time, but man, that hill is a *****.

Thanks! That hill from 5-8 will stink, I plan to have Box drag me up it! Most of the rest of the race is downhil for a few short steep climbs in the second half. It can't be hillier than St. Louis.

Thanks! That hill from 5-8 will stink, I plan to have Box drag me up it! Most of the rest of the race is downhil for a few short steep climbs in the second half. It can't be hillier than St. Louis.

Famous last words. Cincinnati is way hillier than St. Louis.

between playing softball there in my younger days and going to watch the billikens, i have driven around cincy many times. there is an area just a little north of downtown that reminds me of the hills of san francisco.

I am not doubting that. The race courses may say something different. Have you run both? I have looked at the elevation charts for both and Cincy is not even close to St. Louis.

St Louis

http://www.marathonguide.com/coursemaps/elevationchart.cfm?MIDD=1192110410

Cincy

http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/race_information/course/2010CourseMapFull.pdf

I am not doubting that. The race courses may say something different. Have you run both? I have looked at the elevation charts for both and Cincy is not even close to St. Louis.

St Louis

http://www.marathong...MIDD=1192110410

Cincy

http://www.flyingpig...urseMapFull.pdf

Ha, no. I have cheered on people at both. That's the extent of my running career. My comment was not based on the courses, just the cities themselves.

Looks like the Pig takes the flattest route possible. Going up Gilbert toward Eden Park and then up through the park is going to be brutal. Other than that, looks like they made it easier than I would have thought. Like Roy says, if this went north of downtown at any point, you'd hit steep, long hills like those in SF.

Ha, no. I have cheered on people at both. That's the extent of my running career. My comment was not based on the courses, just the cities themselves.

Looks like the Pig takes the flattest route possible. Going up Gilbert toward Eden Park and then up through the park is going to be brutal. Other than that, looks like they made it easier than I would have thought. Like Roy says, if this went north of downtown at any point, you'd hit steep, long hills like those in SF.

Yeah definitely not looking forward to Eden Park. The net downhill after that should be nice but not easy. We shall see.

Yeah definitely not looking forward to Eden Park. The net downhill after that should be nice but not easy. We shall see.

Rican, I've run the Pig's half multiple times and it's a pain. The downhill portion from miles roughly 9-12 definitely help, but running up Mt. Adams near Eden Park can be really draining. On average, I've probably finished about ten minutes faster during my runs here than the Pig.

I thought humps recently started serving breakfast. Not sure if they nixed it or will be open saturday

I tried checking their website. Someone with a modicum of web-design knowledge ought to trade them for a couple hundred bucks in meal credits. Any of you fine undergrads comp sci majors? (Do they teach html in the Communications department?)

Rican, I've run the Pig's half multiple times and it's a pain. The downhill portion from miles roughly 9-12 definitely help, but running up Mt. Adams near Eden Park can be really draining. On average, I've probably finished about ten minutes faster during my runs here than the Pig.

I plan to take it easy until after the Eden Park hill then hang on till I bonk later in the race, hopefully not before 20.