Quinton Chievous

ACE

Inappropriate for you to label a kid without ever meeting him in person. Talk about profiling.

The kid held a press conference to announce between SLU and UT in the spring signing period....I love my school as much as the next guy but really? A press conference? That doesn't seem standard.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make a note of this instigation, moderators, and hand out a ban to 05. Thanks.

penalty was going to be for instigating something. nothing actually happened. there was no fighting or arguing on the board therefore i don't really see a need for a penalty.

Don't really care. '05 is in the penalty box for 30 days. I have been sick of the back and forth for a while. Hopefully this will calm them down from hereon.

Don't really care. '05 is in the penalty box for 30 days. I have been sick of the back and forth for a while. Hopefully this will calm them down from hereon.

Wow, we lost a recruit and '05 all within the hour. This has been a rough day in Billikenland. :rolleyes:

YES!

Wow, we lost a recruit and '05 all within the hour. This has been a rough day in Billikenland. :rolleyes:

And he pulls a Metz!

Hello,

You have received this email because a new user has completed their registration!

------------------------------------------------

Display name: Teddy Ruxpin

Email: ######

This site is pretty addictive......

I think the name Teddy Ruxpin should be banned on general principle. Anyone remember how fricking annoying those things were?

Could be worse:

Posted Image

Steve, firstly, thanks for never banning me. You even let me cuss my **** off for a good spell. But this is weak sauce. 05, shenanigans aside, is the diehard of the diehards. he's at every game. going apeshit. passionate as it gets. i'm all for a ban for some serious grabassing ######, but a one word response to metz ripping somebody else is weaksauce, in my opinion. i know both of them personally, and no matter how annoying they can be on here (as i'm sure i am to plenty of people), i hate to see 05 get the short end of the stick here. metz is an alright dude despite his yankess psycho ######. and 05 is just a college punk who gotdamn loves his basketball team.

i guess i'm petitioning for a slap on the wrist here. i read "jealousy..." and moved to the next post. believe me, i've been watching for instigation, and i just haven't seen it yet. just my buck-oh-five.

HATE.

Steve, firstly, thanks for never banning me. You even let me cuss my **** off for a good spell. But this is weak sauce. 05, shenanigans aside, is the diehard of the diehards. he's at every game. going apeshit. passionate as it gets. i'm all for a ban for some serious grabassing ######, but a one word response to metz ripping somebody else is weaksauce, in my opinion. i know both of them personally, and no matter how annoying they can be on here (as i'm sure i am to plenty of people), i hate to see 05 get the short end of the stick here. metz is an alright dude despite his yankess psycho ######. and 05 is just a college punk who gotdamn loves his basketball team.

i guess i'm petitioning for a slap on the wrist here. i read "jealousy..." and moved to the next post. believe me, i've been watching for instigation, and i just haven't seen it yet. just my buck-oh-five.

HATE.

+1 i didn't even think about as an instigation until metz said something. but it's not my decision and it really doesn't matter so its cool

HATE.

I warned them both. I admittedly expected the next instigation to be bigger than "Jealousy" but I have been tempted to ban them many times earlier. '05 may be a diehard, but he needs to reign it in. His and Metz's BS has been going on for a while, and I was just tired of it.

He asked that I remove his email address, so I did (Even doing this '05, you setup your profile so the email is public anyway).

He is banned for 30 days...during the offseason...in May...I think the world will not come to an end by not being able to post on a message board for that time.

I warned them both. I admittedly expected the next instigation to be bigger than "Jealousy" but I have been tempted to ban them many times earlier. '05 may be a diehard, but he needs to reign it in. His and Metz's BS has been going on for a while, and I was just tired of it.

He asked that I remove his email address, so I did (Even doing this '05, you setup your profile so the email is public anyway).

He is banned for 30 days...during the offseason...in May...I think the world will not come to an end by not being able to post on a message board for that time.

Steve isn't being too harsh, IMO. He gave them both fair warning and even if it seemed like a small little reply to Metz by '05, it has to be considered instigation by him. The only way for Metz to have responded would have been in kind, and that is what Steve was trying to reign in by threatening the ban. Obviously Metz pounced on it so he could bet '05 banned, but by the letter of the law, he was correct.

I guess Chievous wants to sit on the end of the bench at Tennessee instead of playing in the NCAA Tournament at SLU.

Oh and Willie is apparently out in L.A. and he wants us to know that when he says "rise and grind" it's really only like 9:30 there. 9:30 still doesn't classify him as a really dedicated guy, but that's just my opinion.

I am not going to give the kid ###### for not choosing us. This is part of the deal when you are in a conference like the A10. You lose some kids that actually want their family and friends to be able to watch them on TV.

The old CUSA falling apart is still causing damage to this program. The MVC isn't the answer, but we are just screwed when it comes to this stuff. For this program to thrive long term we need to find a better conference set up somehow.

I am not going to give the kid ###### for not choosing us. This is part of the deal when you are in a conference like the A10. You lose some kids that actually want their family and friends to be able to watch them on TV.

The old CUSA falling apart is still causing damage to this program. The MVC isn't the answer, but we are just screwed when it comes to this stuff. For this program to thrive long term we need to find a better conference set up somehow.

Or win. No conference better than the A10 will want us until we win. Once we win, then we will get on TV....

Rob Lewis & Brent Hubbs

VolQuest.com

Tennessee's signing class grew by one this afternoon with the news that Chicago guard Quinton Chievous selected the Vols at a press conference at his high school. Chievous made an official visit to Knoxville over this past weekend and wasted little time in coming to a decision on his college desitnation.

Following his visit Chievous cited Tennessee's coaching staff, including a pre-existing relationship with new Vols' assistant Tracy Webster, as being key factors in his rising interest in the program. Interest that developed quickly enough for him to choose the Vols over St. Louis this afternoon.

Associated Press

Martin has added three signees in the late period with the addition of Chievous.

On Thursday he noted that those factors, along with the chance to play on a big conference stage, where pivotal in leading him to pick Tennessee.

"Everything happened really fast with Tennessee but I feel really good about my decision," Chievous said. "I guess it's kind of unexpected the way things worked out, but it's real exciting at the same time."

"I just got a great feeling from coach Martin when I was down there on my visit. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Those were the big things."

Another big thing was the kind of exposure Chievous can expect in Knoxville. Tennessee has had a strong television presence in recent seasons and they play in 'power-conference.'

"Having a chance to play in a conference like the SEC was attractive, and definitely having the chance to play on TV a lot was big," Chievous observed. "My family probably won't be able to come to a lot of my games, but we'll be on TV enough that they'll still be able to see me play."

Even with all the obvious 'big program' allure that Tennessee had to offer, Chievous might have been more reluctant to cast his lot with the Vols if not for the familiar face of Webster, who had worked hard to recruit him to Nebraska before leaving Lincoln.

That relationship didn't experience much lag-time when Webster switched jobs.

"I talked to coach Webster pretty quick after he got to Tennessee, he came to watch me play and told me to be patient and give them a chance to sort some things out," Chievous said. "I've known coach Webster for awhile, he's someone down there who I have a lot of trust in. That helped me as far as feeling comfortable with the program and how I would fit in."

That relationship with Webster helped Tennessee overcome a big head-start enjoyed by the other finalist, St. Louis. In the end though, Chievous' high school coach at Notre Dame, Tom Les, felt Martin pushed the Vols' over the top.

"He liked both schools and both coaches an awful lot. He really went back and forth. I was with him last night and he hadn't decided yet until this morning," Les said of the decision. "I think the difference is that he felt a real connection with coach martin. Coach Martin had contacted us about Quinton when he was at Missouri State."

Les feels that Tennessee is getting a player whose best basketball is ahead of him.

"He never got out in the summers and he really didn't play much AAU ball so he wasn't really on a lot of people's radar the way he might have been," Les said. "As our season went on and we improved, we went 22-9, he started getting some attention that he deserved.

"He's a very explosive player. I think what people will like about his game is his athletic ability and explosiveness."

That explosiveness led to Chievous averaging 22 points and 11 rebounds as a senior.

Chievous becomes the third player this spring to sign with Martin, joining guards Wesley Washpun and Josh Richardson as late signees.