Quinton Chievous

ACE

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really a done deal? I read somewhere that he has a press conference set up for tomorrow.......

Didn't seem like a done deal at all based on the UT article linked above. I don't think our chances are better than 50% but they sure as hell aren't zero.

We have the ace in the hole here. Our program isn't under investigation. Bruce Pearl hasn't been within 500 miles of our program either, which is a huge sigh of relief. Which of the 12 tribes did he come from again?

The kid apparently does not care that much about TN and the sanctions. I read the article and while I guess there is a chance he won't commit to TN it sounded like he kind of wants to but then again maybe he was just talking tot he TN crowd - seen that before. Guess we will just wait until Thurs.

The kid apparently does not care that much about TN and the sanctions. I read the article and while I guess there is a chance he won't commit to TN it sounded like he kind of wants to but then again maybe he was just talking tot he TN crowd - seen that before. Guess we will just wait until Thurs.

What kid in their right mind would go to a school on sanctions? That's like signing up for the SS during the Nuremberg trials.

But would you date Britney Spears during one of her "down" phases? Probably.

Both of our analogies are ridiculous.

I actually think you make a valid point, but I would simply be doing it for the money to pay for my STD vaccinations. Not since I got a gallon of milk at Wal-Mart have I asked for something to be double-bagged, if you will.

From reading some of the Vols message board it seems some fans think Chievous is a waste of their time because he is not highly rated. Hopefully Quinton reads that and says screw that and comes to a school that would welcome his talent and potential.

+1

actually it is annoying to read the tennessee rants. my gosh, until pearl came along the vols were typically not good in most years. and now in hindsight we find out pearl a big cheater. i wouldnt be so cocky.

From reading some of the Vols message board it seems some fans think Chievous is a waste of their time because he is not highly rated. Hopefully Quinton reads that and says screw that and comes to a school that would welcome his talent and potential.

I'd rather play on a court named after Centene than Pat Summit.

Best,

Man

Didn't seem like a done deal at all based on the UT article linked above. I don't think our chances are better than 50% but they sure as hell aren't zero.

I'm afraid the kid knows he wants to wear the orange, but just wants to go through the show of having an announcement at his school. I hope I'm wrong, but I think if he wanted to come here, he would have committed shortly after his visit. We'll find out soon enough. Maybe we close the deal on Winters soon after that? Does Winters have any other visits lined up? The longer that drags on, the less I like our chances.

I'm afraid the kid knows he wants to wear the orange, but just wants to go through the show of having an announcement at his school. I hope I'm wrong, but I think if he wanted to come here, he would have committed shortly after his visit. We'll find out soon enough. Maybe we close the deal on Winters soon after that? Does Winters have any other visits lined up? The longer that drags on, the less I like our chances.

+1 Agree with Ace. That or he has received feelers from an even big fish and is holding out for the best offer. SLU was bait to get the Tenn offer now Tenn may be bait for something better. Either way I think SLU is out for Chievous. Hope we land Winters who may be more ready to help the team next season. Winters is a SF with an outside game, which is a deficiency with DE. They can compliment each other. You could play Winters and Evans together but it may be more problematic play Chievous and Evans together unless and until they develop the perimeter game. I'm confident Dwayne will do this over time as he showed flashed at the end of last season.

Saying we were bait to draw interest from Tennessee is dumb, imo. He was drawing interest from NC State before their coaching change. Were they bait too? The reason Tennessee is in play is because of Cuonzo Martin. He had talked to Chievous a little while still coaching at Missouri State.

Saying we were bait to draw interest from Tennessee is dumb, imo. He was drawing interest from NC State before their coaching change. Were they bait too? The reason Tennessee is in play is because of Cuonzo Martin. He had talked to Chievous a little while still coaching at Missouri State.

and Tennessee apparently hired an assistant from nebraska that was recruiting chievous while at nebraska.

Did NC State offer? It appears his sights were always higher than SLU despite public statements that he was very interested in SLU. I don't hold it against him. Just my view from a distance, which obviously carries little weight.

Did NC State offer? It appears his sights were always higher than SLU despite public statements that he was very interested in SLU. I don't hold it against him. Just my view from a distance, which obviously carries little weight.

Honestly I'm not sure if they ever did. I believe they would have if they wouldn't have changed coaches. He's always been a kid who has drawn some BCS interest, but not a ton of offers. I don't blame him if he just wants to play for a BCS team, although I don't believe that's the case. It was pretty well known he was going to wait the course before deciding. Hopefully our constant efforts with him and patience pay off tomorrow. We definitely aren't out of this thing.

Honestly I'm not sure if they ever did. I believe they would have if they wouldn't have changed coaches. He's always been a kid who has drawn some BCS interest, but not a ton of offers. I don't blame him if he just wants to play for a BCS team, although I don't believe that's the case. It was pretty well known he was going to wait the course before deciding. Hopefully our constant efforts with him and patience pay off tomorrow. We definitely aren't out of this thing.

We'll if the SLU coaching staff knew he was holding out for a BCS offer but weighed the situation and decided it made sense on balance to invest the time in recruiting Chievous then I'm cool with it. It's always a calculated risk recruiting 18 year olds.

It seems like we've been at the top of his list for so long, but now after one visit he loves Tennessee I guess. Hopefully he the dust settles over the next couple days and he realizes that SLU is the better fit.

Obviously we could really use a big man, but Chievous seems to have loads of potential. I'm hoping with his size and athleticism, Majerus can turn him into a top defender. He kind of reminds me of Jon Smith, but he seems to already have a better offensive game than Smith. But let's also hope that he isn't like Jon Smith at all.

I hope we sign him and then we'll have 3 scholarships for next year to get another guard and possibly 2 bigs.