Kyle Cassity is a friggin Boss

NH

well i know you are too young to remember collins in high school, college or the pros playing, but collins was a very very good player. but one that was somewhat self made who used his abilities and skills to the nth degree to succeed. kyle is a lot like him.

the only Collins I know is Tom...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy - your mancrush on KC is out of control today. Doug Collins high school references, NBA draft...

CMON MAN! (Chris Carter Monday Night Countdown Voice)

Backhand,you are the definition of a fair weather fan. first you don't go to any games last year but become a KC hater, now you have season tickets and your on the KC bandwagon and hangin out with Santa hoes at half time. I don't get it. then you drag Davolo with you. what can we expect from the Backhand next year??

Someone else mentioned (can't find it now) that we have to have Cassity out there for the press break. I agree that Jett and McCall have a ways to go before they are steady with this (man, did McCall cough it up too easily a few times last night), but I also thought Cassity looked shaky on the press break last night and vs. Duke.

None of our guys seem to have good vision on a press break when they're in the backcourt. So many times, they'll have a straight open lane ahead of them and instead stop and look for help, allowing the trap to form and then having to work out of it. Just take the ball and move it up when you have a straight line, don't make it any harder than it needs to be. This especially applies to McCall, who will in most cases be the fastest man on the floor; if he has a straight line ahead of him- just go!

This is one of the main things I'd be looking at on tape today if I'm the coaching staff. This game wouldn't have been so hard if our guys showed more awareness on the floor and took the easier opportunities.

Backhand,you are the definition of a fair weather fan. first you don't go to any games last year but become a KC hater, now you have season tickets and your on the KC bandwagon and hangin out with Santa hoes at half time. I don't get it. then you drag Davolo with you. what can we expect from the Backhand next year??

Fairweather??? You offered up your season tix on this board earlier in the week.

What have I said to be a part of any bandwagon? Go grab lunch with Roy....you both are dillusional.

Next year, You can expect Backhand courtside next to Dr. Chafeitz. He's a pimp.

So many times, they'll have a straight open lane ahead of them and instead stop and look for help, allowing the trap to form and then having to work out of it. Just take the ball and move it up when you have a straight line, don't make it any harder than it needs to be. This especially applies to McCall, who will in most cases be the fastest man on the floor; if he has a straight line ahead of him- just go!

This is one of the main things I'd be looking at on tape today if I'm the coaching staff. This game wouldn't have been so hard if our guys showed more awareness on the floor and took the easier opportunities.

+1. A few of the times I was scratching my head thinking, "why pick up the dribble in that situation?"

Still refer back to my statement about the rollercoaster of emotions. He is not an NBA prospect. That is in no way a knock on Cassity.

If Cassity is an NBA prospect Im heading to the gym to start working out.

If he can play in the NBA I should be able to get a contract with a NBA Developmental league team.

The kids a warrior and a great player but if he wants to play professionaly he better start looking at property in Turkey, Italy, Spain, or some other foreign country.

Jeez why do so many people hate on Salecich. Ok so he can't play on the offensive side right now. But, his intensity on D last night help a ton and was just another thing that gave us the spark. So you cant really say he brings NOTHING to the court

Salecich has been frustrating but Ill tell you one thing, If I as on the floor and took a cheap shot I would hope he was out there too.

He never backs down from the other team and seems to always be the first to a fallen teammates defense.

He's plays tough D and isnt affraid to get in a guys face or get a little physical with someone.

His shot isnt falling but from an outsiders perspective he seems to be a hell of a teammate.

Someone else mentioned (can't find it now) that we have to have Cassity out there for the press break. I agree that Jett and McCall have a ways to go before they are steady with this (man, did McCall cough it up too easily a few times last night), but I also thought Cassity looked shaky on the press break last night and vs. Duke.

None of our guys seem to have good vision on a press break when they're in the backcourt. So many times, they'll have a straight open lane ahead of them and instead stop and look for help, allowing the trap to form and then having to work out of it. Just take the ball and move it up when you have a straight line, don't make it any harder than it needs to be. This especially applies to McCall, who will in most cases be the fastest man on the floor; if he has a straight line ahead of him- just go!

Duke was the exception. JJ and MM strugled against the press early on and Cassity was the key to breaking it (AP and Georgia come to mind).

well i know you are too young to remember collins in high school, college or the pros playing, but collins was a very very good player. but one that was somewhat self made who used his abilities and skills to the nth degree to succeed. kyle is a lot like him.

Roy, I hope I am wrong, but KC would have to develop quite a bit the rest of this year and next year to even go into the NBA development league. KC is the kind of player I really like and I have nothing but props for KC, but highly doubt he will be an NBA prospect.

Also, even you think he reminds you of Doug Collins, do you think Doug Collins would be in the NBA today if he was just coming out of college?

Salecich has been frustrating but Ill tell you one thing, If I as on the floor and took a cheap shot I would hope he was out there too.

He never backs down from the other team and seems to always be the first to a fallen teammates defense.

He's plays tough D and isnt affraid to get in a guys face or get a little physical with someone.

His shot isnt falling but from an outsiders perspective he seems to be a hell of a teammate.

Agreed. I've been a detractor of Salecich but last night he had a good game, did nothing on offense but made no mistakes either. When we got stuck on our comeback down by 11 and 9 points Salecich was on the floor causing TOs. We wouldn't have made the comeback last night without him. His defense kept us going when we hit a lull on offense.

I've got to think that the Bills go into the trap on the press by design in order to get the defense to commit. Nothing else makes sense. We have the fastest guys on the court with the ball, everyone clear out and let McCall and Jett have a footrace with the other team to halfcourt. They will win 9 times out of 10.

Duke was the exception. JJ and MM strugled against the press early on and Cassity was the key to breaking it (AP and Georgia come to mind).

Cassity was shaky against the press last night, too. Picked up his dribble a lot, didn't take advantage of holes, took too long to cross the timeline- I know his ankle was hurt, but a lot of that should have been different, given that he's a junior.

Agreed. I've been a detractor of Salecich but last night he had a good game, did nothing on offense but made no mistakes either. When we got stuck on our comeback down by 11 and 9 points Salecich was on the floor causing TOs. We wouldn't have made the comeback last night without him. His defense kept us going when we hit a lull on offense.

Agree with his work on Defense and i believe we are better with him on the floor on the Defensive end but until he finds a Offensive game he will struggle for Minutes only 10min yesterday.Can get to the basket he has shown that and has a good short jumper , vision is good his 2 assists yesterday were proof of that, the one to CE especially , My advice to him would be put the 3 ball away until the confidence comes back and attack the Rim hard he is tough and can take the bump , needs to find the swagger he arrived with last year. If this does not happen he will find himself back in Oz next season.

Well, let's not compare Cassity to NBA greats and lottery picks. Cassity could make the NBA because he is a 6'4" guard who can handle the point, is athletic enough to take just about anyone to the hole (can dunk pretty easily), and has shown a solid and consistent shot. He would be a mid to late second round pick. Much like Grevious Vazquez, or dominique jones, etc.

However, to have a shot at being drafted he will have to have a season where he averages about 15 ppg, will have to show that he can handle defending point guards, and would probably need Majerus to give him a good word. Most of all though, SLU would need to make a deep rrun in the post season, and Cassity would have to be a big part of it.

With all the talent we have at pg, Cassity will probably never get much more experience at the point or consideration for the draft.

Well, let's not compare Cassity to NBA greats and lottery picks. Cassity could make the NBA because he is a 6'4" guard who can handle the point, is athletic enough to take just about anyone to the hole (can dunk pretty easily), and has shown a solid and consistent shot. He would be a mid to late second round pick. Much like Grevious Vazquez, or dominique jones, etc.

However, to have a shot at being drafted he will have to have a season where he averages about 15 ppg, will have to show that he can handle defending point guards, and would probably need Majerus to give him a good word. Most of all though, SLU would need to make a deep rrun in the post season, and Cassity would have to be a big part of it.

With all the talent we have at pg, Cassity will probably never get much more experience at the point or consideration for the draft.

He would need a miracle so he better start praying now.

Cassity played his guts out, no doubt..BUT...let's see this leadership on the road. I have not seen it out of him once this year and that is when I feel we need him the most. He still needs to step it up a notch. I will give him a pass since we haven't had many road games yet, but this will be the true test.

athletic enough to take just about anyone to the hole? Are you kidding? Is he golfing when this is happening?

This sh!t is getting ridiculous.

Agreed. And I thought I was drinking the coolaid. I had a casual fan recently tell me he thinks cassity gets too much pt and shouldn't start, that several frosh are better than him. Then we hear broy saying he's a future pro. Unreal. I like Kyle but u have to be kidding. He is a below average shooter with below average speed and athletic ability. Not exactly what the NBA is looking for. And to compare him to Travis diener is hilarious.

This thread is getting very difficult to read. They must have put LSD in the meatballs at the Billiken Club holiday party last night because some people are trippin' pretty hard.

Holy cow! If Marque Perry, Monroe Douglass, Justin Love and Kevin Lisch can not play in the NBA, there is NO way Kyle Cassity is playing in the NBA. Kyle will remain valuable, but eventually Jett or McCall (maybe before the end of this season) will pass Kyle in terms of minutes played.