Willie Reed Sr to be on 550 AM Tomorrow

Willie's latest facebook post...

Willie Showtimenwg Reed Everyone my dad has no impact on my decision to attend slu in the spring semester... If slu wants me back then I will be back! I love slu!

The saga continues...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

I think the image is starting to become clear as to the cause of some of Willie's problems over the past few years (the Milestone transfer, the purported "other" issues, this latest incident). It's obvious that his father is not the strong male influence many of us have had the luxury of growing up with. Willie seems to be a good kid and WANTS to be a Billiken. That's enough for me to give him a second chance.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie's latest facebook post...

Willie Showtimenwg Reed Everyone my dad has no impact on my decision to attend slu in the spring semester... If slu wants me back then I will be back! I love slu!

The saga continues...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

Thanksgiving should be interesting for the Reeds.

I think the image is starting to become clear as to the cause of some of Willie's problems over the past few years (the Milestone transfer, the purported "other" issues, this latest incident). It's obvious that his father is not the strong male influence many of us have had the luxury of growing up with. Willie seems to be a good kid and WANTS to be a Billiken. That's enough for me to give him a second chance.

I think you're right. I think once things settled down and Willie realized how big of a d-bag his dad is, Willie realized what a poor decision he and his "father" made. Willie is trying to break free of his dad's grasp and doing what is best for him by going back to SLU and getting a great education before testing the NBA waters. He's seen that the grass is not always greener on the other side and how good it is to be at SLU being coached by a Hall of Famer.

Has anyone heard anything regarding why SLU would not let Willie back? It seems there is a lot of speculation, and I guess I'm confused where the talk is coming from regarding SLU not taking WR and KM back for next semester.

They will have served their time, so...

Between Loe and Conklin I believe we had 21 points last game at the larger powerforward position.

Loe and Conklin both appear to be in good enough shape to get back on defense.

The rebounding was fair and the free throw shooting was very good.

If Willie did come back would he be in as good of shape as Cody was second semester last year?

I think we will be all right; why worry about Willie being here for one semester. Let's win versus Georgia and get Manning for a true 5 for 4 years in 2011-12

I agree with that but if Willie was on the team it would make Loe and Conklin a lot better.

I think if WR and RM can make amends (don't know what their history is, really) and RM can mentor WR into the NBA, or even into possibly a degree and something meaningful after college, he'll have a poor man's Andre Miller feelgood story on his side and I think everyone wants that. The more names we have to drink to upon their mention in interviews, the better. KM, too, but I think getting WR back on the right track is much closer to a miracle. I truly can't imagine that KM and WR haven't re-evaluated everything about their lives at this point, which IS the whole point. REALLY hoping SLU and everyone involved can hug this one out, and let bygones be bygones. THAT would be in line w/ the Jesuit mission, albeit a slightly -up, crazy, whirlwind Jesuit mission. :)

Cam Newton isn't just on a full ride...ha.

Whoever said KState didn't want Willie is wrong.

I hope he come back. His dad is obviously a nutcase.

Frank said it because he isn't in good academic standing or something along those lines.

Frank said it because he isn't in good academic standing or something along those lines.

-was WR attending classes at the time he asked to leave SLU?

-he may or may not have been eligible to play bball, but if he was attending classes isn't the minimum that he was trying to try to get his grades to the point of being eligible, again at a minimum

To put a finer point on the post I made several pages ago. I was told point blank by more than one person that Willie was going to be academically ineligible until he posted some decent first-semester grades.

Of course, this is the very definition of hearsay, but a whole lot of people seemed to know certain intimate details of "the incident" before the police report was published.

If true, however, and if Willie hasn't been in school this semester, I think we require more than one miracle to get him back on the court.

Sounds to me like Willie's dad wants to go through with the lawsuit against SLU so he doesn't want Willie to decide he wants to go back. Willie's dad has tried multiple times to screw Willie out of his future, and I hope Willie is done putting up with it. Willie needs to finish all his requirements to come back and then hopefully SLU lets him in. Now that the police report is public, I'm sure that if he isn't let back in, it's because of something else.

It's my understanding that while Sr. was able to find his way to STL for radio interviews,he's never seen his son play in a Billiken uniform in STL.

My favorite part of the interview was when MM asked if they felt vindicated, and WR Sr clearly had no idea what that word meant.

To put a finer point on the post I made several pages ago. I was told point blank by more than one person that Willie was going to be academically ineligible until he posted some decent first-semester grades.

Of course, this is the very definition of hearsay, but a whole lot of people seemed to know certain intimate details of "the incident" before the police report was published.

If true, however, and if Willie hasn't been in school this semester, I think we require more than one miracle to get him back on the court.

Would you take Willie back knowing he can't get eligible for the 2nd semester? I would. Get him back in school. Let me redshirt the 2nd semester and focus on getting his academic house in order. Willie says this experience has opened his eyes and that he is ready to change. We should give him the opportunity to follow through on that pledge.

I don't think anybody on this board is familiar enough with the relationship between Willie Sr. and Jr. to draw conclusions on Sr.'s parenting skills. Even if he doesn't know what vindication means, he still sounded fairly articulate to me. I completely understand why he would be angry with SLU, and not want his son to go back. He doesn't sound like that bad of a Dad.It seems classless to bad-mouth the guy.

But, I also think that it's probably in Willie Jr's best interests to go back to SLU, for many reasons. I assume that SLU would let him come back if he jumps through all the required hoops, and if Majerus wants him back.

As far as his academic standing goes, as far as I know, he was academically eligible to start practice with the team in the first semester, so he should be academically eligible to play in the 2nd semester. Does anybody have any different information?

Sounds to me like Willie's dad wants to go through with the lawsuit against SLU so he doesn't want Willie to decide he wants to go back. Willie's dad has tried multiple times to screw Willie out of his future, and I hope Willie is done putting up with it. Willie needs to finish all his requirements to come back and then hopefully SLU lets him in. Now that the police report is public, I'm sure that if he isn't let back in, it's because of something else.

Of course anybody can sue anybody for any reason whether the reason is right or not. From what I have read about the situation, I do not think that WRsr would find a reputable lawyer to take the case. Education is not a right and unless you can prove that you were discriminated against for race, creed, or ethnic background you have no case.

To Willie:

I know how you feel right now. I can even recognize how your dad feels right now. I want you back the true fans, who know, want you back. If I were you I'd demand that I get to Jon Smif the Billiken on Senior Night as a Condition for my return but I know that ain't gonna' happen. I love SLU and I hate it too. I love because I went there, it is a part of me, but I hate they way this was handled and the way other things are handled. I've come to realize that all institutions have their problems. I've realized that if you are the man in this situation you will always lose and be vilified. That is true at SLU and any other organization. So you must determine what you want to do, return to your boys at SLU as a faster track to the NBA or move on. A law suit is a possibility but it will be long drawn out and you may not win. Then again maybe you will and you will have figuratively Jon Smif'ed the Billiken. Those are your choices. You got to make them for yourself. Those who want to give you advice take stock of their motivations for doing so. My motivation, I want to see SLU win again and I want exciting basketball.

Sincerely,

The A Bomb