Guy Phillips screw up count

crymdg2

The guy is a complete idiot. "Starting lineups, #21 for Cardinal Stritch, Dwayne Evans"

Me: "oh that's weird they have a Dwayne Evans, too. Wait, #21 is Ian Dobbe."

Nope, Guy's just reading off the wrong roster. He's a disgrace.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is a complete idiot. "Starting lineups, #21 for Cardinal Stritch, Dwayne Evans"

Me: "oh that's weird they have a Dwayne Evans, too. Wait, #21 is Ian Dobbe."

Nope, Guy's just reading off the wrong roster. He's a disgrace.

HAHA!!! I thought that was weird...I said the same thing, but I was too lazy to see if they actually had a Dwayne Evans on their roster...

Are we really going to start this up again this year? Really? If so, I suggest we discuss the following...again:

1. MVC versus the A10

2. Should Soderberg have been fired?

3. Is Biondi a good administrator?

4. Anything related to Josh Harrellson.

5. Geographic distances in the A10 versus other conferences.

6. Brett Thompson's departure from the team.

7. What really happened back in May?

C'mon, I am sure you all can come up with some other stuff to argue about over and over and over and over and over.

Guy is here to stay - a lot of people like him whether we do or not. Let's get back to actual Billiken basketball, unless that MVC vs. A10 topic looks too tempting...

Are we really going to start this up again this year? Really? If so, I suggest we discuss the following...again:

1. MVC versus the A10

1. A-10 is way better

2. Probably not, but I'm not bitter

3. Yes to maybe

4. He was banned from Twitter

5. A little farther than others (except some big boy conferences)

6. Wasn't going to play anyway

7. My grandmother's 95th birthday...

If you are the freaking announcer for SLU basketball, at least learn the roster...that seems to me to be the absolute bare minimum requirement...he's getting a paycheck, right?!...

Last night was brutal, even by Guy's standards.

The great fans of section 118, row P noted that Guy made a big production when Loe came in: "For the first time as a Billiken!" but made no such fuss about the other freshmen that had already been in the game. Maybe we could get him fired on racism charges.

1. MVC versus the A10

C'mon, I am sure you all can come up with some other stuff to argue about over and over and over and over and over.

Guy is here to stay - a lot of people like him whether we do or not. Let's get back to actual Billiken basketball, unless that MVC vs. A10 topic looks too tempting...

We all know why he is there and we all realize that money talks. However, that does not mean that we have to sit back and take it without comment. As a professional, he should have more commitment to his craft. If not then he has to accept the complaints. How he does not see his errors is beyond me or else he would improve - he just doesn't give a f**k. I suggest we take up a collection to buy him a season tix so he can still come to the games without screwing up in public.

I suggest we take up a collection to buy him a season tix so he can still come to the games without screwing up in public.

I bet if he did not have his seat in Press Row, GP would not be attending Billiken games. If he was fan, he would at least know our own players names correctly. Why waste our money with a collection for a seat for him.

just because guy is "not going anywhere", doesnt mean we should stop calling out his inability to do the job. one would think that after 15+ years the man would make an attempt to do a little prep work. learn the names at least. and god forbid he actually learn something about basketball over two decades. most of our grandmothers know more about basketball than guy phillips exhibits.

sorry alumni. we should we continue to take aim at guy errors. maybe at some point the administration gets the hint that far fewer than the majority want guy phillips as our billiken PA announcer.

To anyone who has heard me scream "Put a sock in it, Phillips!" I say join me this year in voicing your displeasure loudly. This guy couldn't get hired as the back up MC at the Chuckle Hut. He has naked pictures of somebody, no doubt about it.

To anyone who has heard me scream "Put a sock in it, Phillips!" I say join me this year in voicing your displeasure loudly. This guy couldn't get hired as the back up MC at the Chuckle Hut. He has naked pictures of somebody, no doubt about it.

Maybe it was Jerry Jones and Biondi. There is another Phillips hanging around far too long that must also have naked pics.

1) His very first "correction" was understandable -- one of our guys left the court but the sub was for someone else. I also have to compliment him on the "Loe" lowness after the basket.

2) On a much more global basis, and why we *should* continue to point out his shortcomings: Guy is a symptom of the rampant disease we saw illustrated during the "trial," suspensions, etc. If you can't pay attention to the little things, you screw up unfathomably when major stuff happens.

Guy has to be the worst employee in the athletic department.

He has no knowledge of basketball, Billiken or otherwise. He has no interest in acquiring any knowledge. He could make up for that with superior announcing skills, but sadly he is an extremely poor PA announcer as well. I find his announcing style distasteful and offensive at best. Lindenwoood and UMSL have more professional PA announcers than we do. This is St Louis a fairly large media market, there must be dozens of people with the experience and knowledge necessary to do the job far superior to Guy.

just because guy is "not going anywhere", doesnt mean we should stop calling out his inability to do the job. one would think that after 15+ years the man would make an attempt to do a little prep work. learn the names at least. and god forbid he actually learn something about basketball over two decades. most of our grandmothers know more about basketball than guy phillips exhibits.

sorry alumni. we should we continue to take aim at guy errors. maybe at some point the administration gets the hint that far fewer than the majority want guy phillips as our billiken PA announcer.

+1

Well done, roy. I'll complain about guy as long as he sucks.

Guy has to be the worst employee in the athletic department.

He has no knowledge of basketball, Billiken or otherwise. He has no interest in acquiring any knowledge. He could make up for that with superior announcing skills, but sadly he is an extremely poor PA announcer as well. I find his announcing style distasteful and offensive at best. Lindenwoood and UMSL have more professional PA announcers than we do. This is St Louis a fairly large media market, there must be dozens of people with the experience and knowledge necessary to do the job far superior to Guy.

agree and considering some of the other goofballs in the athletic department that is one hell of an acomplishment.

I understand that it annoys some people, but my point is that complaining about it on this forum is useless; kind of like complaining about the A10, Josh Harrellson, etc. If people want to waste time (I guess most of this is a waste of time anyway) on this it is certainly their right, just seems silly to me. Whatever.

1. MVC versus the A10

A lot of people like Guy? I have yet to meet one that he likes his performance.

The great fans of section 118, row P noted that Guy made a big production when Loe came in: "For the first time as a Billiken!" but made no such fuss about the other freshmen that had already been in the game. Maybe we could get him fired on racism charges.

The GREATER fans of section 108 noticed already called Jesse Jackson

I understand that it annoys some people, but my point is that complaining about it on this forum is useless; kind of like complaining about the A10, Josh Harrellson, etc. If people want to waste time (I guess most of this is a waste of time anyway) on this it is certainly their right, just seems silly to me. Whatever.

Alumnifan is right.

Guy, like the last remaining bigots, racists, gay-haters, etc, will have to just get old and die before we can be rid of him..........