Rename Blue Crew Voting Begins

bk18

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually those are all pretty good names imo. i was against this, but i must say, i will like any of those names better than blue crew.

Wow, that list was kind of disapointing. Some of those were just bad. There were only a couple that would even options in my opinion. Slunatics is by far the best choice and would be my vote as well.

What about Bill Squad?!?!?!?!?! Thats got a great ring to it :lol:

yea all of these are stupid. slunatics is ok, but sounds more like a high school CYO team than a name for a student section for a team competing for an ncaa tournament spot. WHY does the name have to have SLU or billiken in it? if it is so hard to find a name using one of those two then axe it and think outside the box. come on now. can you imagine the announcer at the fetz saying,"and the 6th man the slunatics...or sluper troopers(wtf)" i for one will cringe or laugh. blue crew is a better name. it wasnt the name that people didnt like it was how it was used and the way different groups in charge clashed with others. it just needs to get re-worked. it iffed people that you had to have season tickets to be a "blue crew" member. in that regard it was a club and not a student section name.

yea all of these are stupid. slunatics is ok, but sounds more like a high school CYO team than a name for a student section for a team competing for an ncaa tournament spot. WHY does the name have to have SLU or billiken in it? if it is so hard to find a name using one of those two then axe it and think outside the box. come on now. can you imagine the announcer at the fetz saying,"and the 6th man the slunatics...or sluper troopers(wtf)" i for one will cringe or laugh. blue crew is a better name. it wasnt the name that people didnt like it was how it was used and the way different groups in charge clashed with others. it just needs to get re-worked. it iffed people that you had to have season tickets to be a "blue crew" member. in that regard it was a club and not a student section name.

My exact thoughts. All of the ones with SLU at the beginning are down right awful, except for SLUnatics, which is still borderline retarded. Billiken Brigade is my favorite, just because it doesn't sound like a 4th grader came up with it.

I think it was the T-shirts that made the "separation". It would have been better if season tickets were $5 less and no T-shirt was given or if we got $5 to the spirit shop or something like that instead.

I believe that this year the "blue crew" (or w.e. it is to be called) will get free T-shirts again, but they will also be available for sale to everyone. I guess that's an improvement off of last year.

even tho these cant be used..can there be an alumni cheering section with a name?

1. macauley's minions. boomslang.

2. get it sponsored by InBev and call it "the Bud Zone".. it appeals to everyone. beer drinkers. pot heads. and really good friends.

3. "the football team".. we would finally have a football team!

4. "the go crazy folks".. be like jack.

5. "1818" .. i think its the best. the soccer club guys should have no problem with it getting used..

but doesnt it all just come down to having a really swell time filled with face paint and pizza before the game with 6 of your closest friends??

SLUnatics will win. we could have a "tip drill" themed night.

even tho these cant be used..can there be an alumni cheering section with a name?

1. macauley's minions. boomslang.

2. get it sponsored by InBev and call it "the Bud Zone".. it appeals to everyone. beer drinkers. pot heads. and really good friends.

3. "the football team".. we would finally have a football team!

4. "the go crazy folks".. be like jack.

5. "1818" .. i think its the best. the soccer club guys should have no problem with it getting used..

but doesnt it all just come down to having a really swell time filled with face paint and pizza before the game with 6 of your closest friends??

SLUnatics will win. we could have a "tip drill" themed night.

The football team would actually be a clever student section name. Make the T-Shirts jerseys.

My exact thoughts. All of the ones with SLU at the beginning are down right awful, except for SLUnatics, which is still borderline retarded. Billiken Brigade is my favorite, just because it doesn't sound like a 4th grader came up with it.

+1

Billiken Brigadge is the only mainstream name and my vote - if I had one. Unless I am mistaken, the idea is to change and go from a small, student-run organization of die-hards to a large, mainstream, school-supported organization designed to turn out hundreds of students with promotions such as free T-shirts, pizza, foam sticks and the like. The name SLUnatics does not fit the average student and could turn off the new, timid freshman student.

No one asked me but I think there should be two (2) groups: the large mainstream group of which all students can be members and a second, student-run group of die-hards. This second group would belong to both organizations but would be more even loyal (make all games), be more vocal, be more visible (such as face paint, etc.), could get the first few rows, etc.