Rename Blue Crew Voting Begins

bk18

even tho these cant be used..can there be an alumni cheering section with a name?

1. macauley's minions. boomslang.

2. get it sponsored by InBev and call it "the Bud Zone".. it appeals to everyone. beer drinkers. pot heads. and really good friends.

3. "the football team".. we would finally have a football team!

4. "the go crazy folks".. be like jack.

5. "1818" .. i think its the best. the soccer club guys should have no problem with it getting used..

but doesnt it all just come down to having a really swell time filled with face paint and pizza before the game with 6 of your closest friends??

SLUnatics will win. we could have a "tip drill" themed night.

I really like "the football team" also! Someone call the athletic department and get this on the ballot!

On the back of the t-shirts it could say "Gettin' blitzed with the football team" or something along those lines!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing about SLUnatics is that it's so similar to the Saint Lunatics (a St. Louis rap group) that it's not creative at all and may not be the image SLU wants to portray.

As pointed out before, it will be approximately 15 minutes between the time SLU announces the SLUnatics name and the time Nelly's lawyers serve someone high up in the administration.

As pointed out before, it will be approximately 15 minutes between the time SLU announces the SLUnatics name and the time Nelly's lawyers serve someone high up in the administration.

I'm not sure they can't play it the other way. Nelly's a hometown guy who works hard on his hometown image. He's also a sports freak. Get him to come to the Fetz,and shoot a video shooting baskets with the SLUnatics in the background with a Nelly song blasting. Good pub for everyone.

I'm not sure they can't play it the other way. Nelly's a hometown guy who works hard on his hometown image. He's also a sports freak. Get him to come to the Fetz,and shoot a video shooting baskets with the SLUnatics in the background with a Nelly song blasting. Good pub for everyone.

He's also not a lawyer. If the International House of Pancakes could sue the International House of Prayer (instead of just catering a pancake breakfast for them), Nelly's lawyers aren't going to permit any infringement on his trademark, any good PR notwithstanding.

Awesome. Would love to see this. And you are correct, Nelly would just look at the name as a cool thing for his home town, if he even pays any attention to it.

I'm not sure your right here Joe. I think the kid who came up with South Butt eventually won and that was direct competition. I think Nelly would be flattered.

He didn't win, he settled. And he was lucky enough to have a pro bono lawyer. But he's a great example: He did get sued.

And 05, you might want to look very quickly at the IHOP suit. Clearly IHOP had absolutely no competition from a church. And that church was a nonprofit entity, like the U. But if you don't protect, you're liable to lose rights. (Try using the word "Technicolor" in a published document sometime and see how fast you get a letter.)

He didn't win, he settled. And he was lucky enough to have a pro bono lawyer. But he's a great example: He did get sued.

And 05, you might want to look very quickly at the IHOP suit. Clearly IHOP had absolutely no competition from a church. And that church was a nonprofit entity, like the U. But if you don't protect, you're liable to lose rights. (Try using the word "Technicolor" in a published document sometime and see how fast you get a letter.)

Correct me,and I'm sure you will,but I thought he got some cash for the South Butt trade mark.

Correct me,and I'm sure you will,but I thought he got some cash for the South Butt trade mark.

No one will ever know. Details of the settlement were sealed. All that was announced was that "the parties have settled their differences amicably."

P.S. One of North Face's lawyers was Michael Kahn, who's also a local author (The Rachel Gold mystery series).

I voted for Billiken Brigade, mostly b/c we could simply call it "the Brigade." Also, I'm not from the area originally so I didn't get the SLUnatics reference.

SLUnatics is a play off the St. Lunatics. the rap group headed by Nelly.

here is what the st. lunatics are all about....

"Batter Up" better be the intro song.

anyone down for a bandage night in honor of nelly?