Rename Blue Crew Voting Begins

bk18

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How so?

Given the content of some of the songs for the Saint Lunatics....remember the governor had Nelly at the capital and took a ton of heat for it....personally I have 0 problem with it and it's their music and they can write whatever they feel like but you probably remember on this board when someone posted the highlight video on YouTube not too long ago and how many people freaked about the background music...people get a little up tight sometimes.

Given the content of some of the songs for the Saint Lunatics....remember the governor had Nelly at the capital and took a ton of heat for it....personally I have 0 problem with it and it's their music and they can write whatever they feel like but you probably remember on this board when someone posted the highlight video on YouTube not too long ago and how many people freaked about the background music...people get a little up tight sometimes.

I think alot of people are willing to give the St. Lunatics leeway and by default because it's a. local and b. almost considered classic stuff.

SLUnatics is a play off the St. Lunatics, the rap group headed by Nelly.

I disagree. SLUnatics is the combination of "SLU" and "lunatics," and it flows off of the tongue. I know that I made this suggestion some nine months ago, and Nelly's group didn't even occur to me. I think it's just a coincidence.

Take the word, lunatics and add an S in front, and you get slunatics, which only makes sense for a raucous group of fanatics at SLU. Both SLU (i.e., Saint Louis University) and the word, lunatics have been around much longer than Nelly and the St. Lunatics. There are four American universities and a sorority which use SLU as an acronym: is Southeastern Louisiana going to have to go to Nelly if they want to use "slunatics"?

I disagree. SLUnatics is the combination of "SLU" and "lunatics," and it flows off of the tongue. I know that I made this suggestion some nine months ago, and Nelly's group didn't even occur to me. I think it's just a coincidence.

Take the word, lunatics and add an S in front, and you get slunatics, which only makes sense for a raucous group of fanatics at SLU. Both SLU (i.e., Saint Louis University) and the word, lunatics have been around much longer than Nelly and the St. Lunatics. There are four American universities and a sorority which use SLU as an acronym: is Southeastern Louisiana going to have to go to Nelly if they want to use "slunatics"?

I agree with you. Nelly never came to mind at all. It was simply lunatics that are nuts about SLU--hence SLUnatics.

• 2 weeks later...