Kowal under investigation

RiseAndGrind

Patton is a scumbag. Tries to hold his player hostage and when said player speaks out he lets the NCAA do the dirty work.

If the NCAA hasn't made a ruling yet, which it appears they haven't then Kowal should sue for the remainder of his tuition costs. The NCAA didn't say anyone was cheating, they just sat on the allegations without making a ruling one way or another. Now if they even rule in Kowal's favor he cannot get a scholarship because his 6 years is up since school has already started. They made a guilty ruling in effect without making one. I hope Sean takes the NCAA for everything they have.

From reading the article, they have not made a decision - all they have said is they are investigating it and until they make a conclusion they will not authorize his being cleared to play. He can still go to school.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patton is a scumbag. Tries to hold his player hostage and when said player speaks out he lets the NCAA do the dirty work.

If the NCAA hasn't made a ruling yet, which it appears they haven't then Kowal should sue for the remainder of his tuition costs. The NCAA didn't say anyone was cheating, they just sat on the allegations without making a ruling one way or another. Now if they even rule in Kowal's favor he cannot get a scholarship because his 6 years is up since school has already started. They made a guilty ruling in effect without making one. I hope Sean takes the NCAA for everything they have.

I agree. Hopefully he does take them to court. However, that may cost more than the one year of grad school tuition. But not getting into grad school could keep his lifeteime earning potential down and I am sure some lawyer will spin that for some real damages to go after. One thing the NCAA is not short on and that is money. If this does go to court they will drag this out for years. It is total crap, but that is the reality of our legal system--those with money are in control. One thing for sure, the NCAA is a bunch of hypocritical scumbags.

Now, we have really only gotten his side of the story and haven't heard anything from NCAA nor NIU and SK could have really done something very wrong, but that still doesn't change my statement on the NCAA above.

That looks like libel to me unless you have evidence to back it up.

I'm so sick of these "insider" idiots who think because they once had a class with an athletic department intern's roommate that they are somehow plugged in.

If you are ballsy enough to expose yourself and name your sources then do it. Otherwise keep you damn mouth shut.

OK, so I am an idiot am I?. I have had it. As you can see I post on here very infrequently. I only posted on this yesterday because I have watched threads like this get totally out of control. It wouldn't be too long before see some of the Majerus haters might take this to the next level and blame him for everything--including cheating. I only posted this to try to stop the direction it was going--that we might be investigated by the NCAA.

I have been very fortunate to be allowed "inside the ropes", which includes watching practices, and being out socially with the coaches and AD. There are several people on here, including all 3 Shoes, Billikan, and Bill Ken R, who have known me for many years and know I wouldn't talk without knowing what I was talking about.

BTW, if you don't think Paul Eckerle is the team leader, you really can't be helped. Ask any of the players.

Because of conversations like these, I will not be posting again. My intentions were solely to aid the program. I don't think everyone here has the same intentions.

BTW, I have also backed up my mouth with my checkbook, and continue to do so.

GOOD BYE for good.

BOB R

From reading the article, they have not made a decision - all they have said is they are investigating it and until they make a conclusion they will not authorize his being cleared to play. He can still go to school.

As Torch said above, by them not ruling they effectively made the decision. By dragging their feet, Sean got hosed out of a year of free tuition to grad school. Yes he can still go--maybe, if he has the money and the grades, just like anyone else. But his intentions were to play ball and have a year of it paid for. Since the NCAA didn't make a decision the opportunity for him to do that has passed.

As the deadline approached they could have said:

--"Yes" you are clear.

--Or "yes" you can enroll and join the team but are still under investigation (better still not tell him he is under investigation and continue to do so behind closed doors if they seemed necessary--keeping it out in the open may not have helped him at all as a school isn't likely to take him on their team with the cloud over his head.)

--Or simply said "no" you can not enroll and here is the proof as to why.

It is not like the NCAA hasn't retroactively punihsed teams or players for deeds that happen in the past before--that is 99% of their punishements. They could have continued their investigation and if something was found, take the appropriate actions then. Again, by doing nothing the NCAA effectively did do something, something very detrimental to person's future.

I agree. Hopefully he does take them to court. However, that may cost more than the one year of grad school tuition. But not getting into grad school could keep his lifeteime earning potential down and I am sure some lawyer will spin that for some real damages to go after. One thing the NCAA is not short on and that is money. If this does go to court they will drag this out for years. It is total crap, but that is the reality of our legal system--those with money are in control. One thing for sure, the NCAA is a bunch of hypocritical scumbags.

Now, we have really only gotten his side of the story and haven't heard anything from NCAA nor NIU and SK could have really done something very wrong, but that still doesn't change my statement on the NCAA above.

How much do you think a graduate degree in divinity is worth? ;) Or maybe Kowall was going the Joyce Meyer route. Then you might be onto something.

OK, so I am an idiot am I?. I have had it. As you can see I post on here very infrequently. I only posted on this yesterday because I have watched threads like this get totally out of control. It wouldn't be too long before see some of the Majerus haters might take this to the next level and blame him for everything--including cheating. I only posted this to try to stop the direction it was going--that we might be investigated by the NCAA.

I have been very fortunate to be allowed "inside the ropes", which includes watching practices, and being out socially with the coaches and AD. There are several people on here, including all 3 Shoes, Billikan, and Bill Ken R, who have known me for many years and know I wouldn't talk without knowing what I was talking about.

BTW, if you don't think Paul Eckerle is the team leader, you really can't be helped. Ask any of the players.

Because of conversations like these, I will not be posting again. My intentions were solely to aid the program. I don't think everyone here has the same intentions.

GOOD BYE for good.

BOB R

Message boards have become notorious for people making bold, but false claims about one subject or another. So I don't blame ARon for being wary of your proclamation. It is hard, for people like you, to prove things that you know to be true online, without naming names.

Because we are, for the most part, behind a veil of anonymity, it can be tempting to be rude and vindictive because there are no consequences. I'm just saying that claims and prophecies on this board are going to be taken with a grain of salt, and insults should be taken with a grain of salt as well.

GOOD BYE for good.

BOB R

I can attest the Billiken Bob is a connected SLU fan.

GOOD BYE for good.

BOB R

Bob is a very strong long time supporter of the Billikens back to the Grawer days. He and I, and a handful of others, were working hard to help when the program was struggling to gain traction. He is also a big donor to the program.

The problem with this board is that a fairly large number of posters are not really Billiken fans or they may be fans but they have some sort of agenda that requires them to constantly post negative crap. Some posters are actually trying to hurt the program by posting garbage. To those of us who are long time diehard fans it is frustrating and difficult to deal with these things on a site that supposedly is for Billiken fans.

Bob is a very strong long time supporter of the Billikens back to the Grawer days. He and I, and a handful of others, were working hard to help when the program was struggling to gain traction. He is also a big donor to the program.

The problem with this board is that a fairly large number of posters are not really Billiken fans or they may be fans but they have some sort of agenda that requires them to constantly post negative crap. Some posters are actually trying to hurt the program by posting garbage. To those of us who are long time diehard fans it is frustrating and difficult to deal with these things on a site that supposedly is for Billiken fans.

I appreciate the contributions of Billikan (even if he is overly sensitive and/or subscribes to too many conspiracy theories) and Billiken Bob, but you have to understand the nature of the forum where you are posting information. Unfortunately, this is not same audience as would be at a Billiken Club meeting. Yes, there are people that aren't as big of supporters as you (and others), but I don't think there is a contingent hell bent on bringing down the Billikens with their own agenda. Sure, there are some goof balls on here and some missouri fans that get annoying, but let's not get too dramatic.

I hope you both keep information coming.

As for whoever brought up the libel silliness, good luck proving damages.

I'm so sick of these "insider" idiots who think because they once had a class with an athletic department intern's roommate that they are somehow plugged in.

If you are ballsy enough to expose yourself and name your sources then do it. Otherwise keep you damn mouth shut.

ARon.

I'm sick of posts like yours which do nothing but keep the silent majority silent. This hurts all of us. Next time, speak for yourself or don't speak at all.

Credibility is to be subjectively judged by the reader of the post. Over time, certain posters have proven more reliable than others. For you to question information posted is normal. For you to call out new poster is shameful. Next time, why not send a reply such as "Can you tell us more...??? Can you share your source?? Frankly, it's been my experience that if you, instead of posting what you did publicly, had sent him a PM asking for his insight, he'd probably have given you all the info you were seeking -plus more.

The source behind most good "inside information" cannot be publicly posted. Over the years, I have got info directly Chris May and from other high-ranking sources but I have not, and would not, ever post my source. If I did, I wouldn't get more info the next time. For example, when pdiddy makes a statement about some recruit, we all know it is probably from the recruit or the recruit's family, AAU coach or the like, but no one ever ridicules him and demands that he state his source. What happened to basic civility - even on internet boards??

Billiken Bob. Hope you change your mind and post again - and more!! If not, I understand.

GOOD BYE for good.

BOB R

Billiken Bob and Billikan are two of the most connected and biggest donors on this board. I have known both for 45 years and would trust both completely. It is a shame that all of us are hurt by them being reluctant to post information on this board. I for one appreciate both of their posts because they know what they are talking about. A few posters can ruin it for everyone.

Billiken Bob, don't you think you're getting a little carried away? Why be so sensitive?

I'm sure you don't like it when someone with no real info posts things about players grades or any other personal aspect of their lives. do you? I would think any real Billiken fan who is even remotely close to the players would frown upon that.

Do you read often enough to know it happens? Anyone can post anything, so again, why be so sensitive when most posters have no idea whether you are an insider, or just some jack off with 19 posts trying to stir crap up.

ARon has 165 posts responding to a guy with 19 posts, posting negative personal info. If you read the crap that goes on here sometimes, you'd probably thank him for questioning it, except for of course the idiot line.

You could have just as easily came back on and had long time respected posters vouch that you are for real (as they did anyway) and not gotten mad and decided to take your ball and run.

We need real guys with good info to share with us info they feel they can, or to provide insight to some of us who have also been long time supporters but can't give to the level that allows us insiders status. Please come back and play. :)

Billiken Bob and Billikan are two of the most connected and biggest donors on this board. I have known both for 45 years and would trust both completely. It is a shame that all of us are hurt by them being reluctant to post information on this board. I for one appreciate both of their posts because they know what they are talking about. A few posters can ruin it for everyone.

I appreciate the info from Bob. he could have provided that info without taking a shot at Kowal's grades and without acting like the board was going into meltdown over this.

Geezus...

Backhand takes a few days off from the msg board and all hell breaks loose. Libel!?!?! WHAT!?!!? Everyone stop the whining....backhand will make men out of a few of you before the season starts.

Unfortunately, if BilliKen Bob and Billikan have that many years associated with the program, then they are not of this age ----- by that i mean the instant information age --- the age where the information spreads long before the credibility of the source checks out. And its an age where it is more important to be punked and engage in shock jock repetoires than it is to be respectful and dogged. Its 'adapt or die' and if you can't do it, you have to move on. I'm not endorsing it, I'm stating fact.

I hope no one leaves --- I may disagree wiht you but I'll be gracius enough to agree to disagree. Unless you ARE a punk or a PUTZ and even then, I'll give you a grace period. Eventually, you're behavior will be met with my appropriate reaction. For the most I'll ignore. But Metz wannabees and joey flugel's cannot go uncontested.

this is the perfect example of the disadvantage the anonimity of a message board. my guess is that if folks had to actually stand by what the say/threaten, a lot of it would never happen. instead we get a big p!ssing match of monikers blindly stating they are credible when the truth is how do we really know?

and this goes both ways on this one. aron shouldnt have attacked just maybe billiken bob indeed does know what he is talking about and billiken bob shouldnt go off for someone doubting his word. both hide behind their monikers. so who really knows what to believe?

this is the perfect example of the disadvantage the anonimity of a message board. my guess is that if folks had to actually stand by what the say/threaten, a lot of it would never happen. instead we get a big p!ssing match of monikers blindly stating they are credible when the truth is how do we really know?

and this goes both ways on this one. aron shouldnt have attacked just maybe billiken bob indeed does know what he is talking about and billiken bob shouldnt go off for someone doubting his word. both hide behind their monikers. so who really knows what to believe?

On the other hand, you could have someone off kilter like metz stalking you.

On the other hand, you could have someone off kilter like metz stalking you.

if someone is that f'd up that they are stalking you on a college basketball message board, put that idiot in jail. call the police. actually i believe there actually is a law now that prohibits internet shenanigans.

my point is i believe most of the chest thumping would stop. people are naturally more civil to people they know plus i think people also arent always as brave if their identity is known.

my point is i believe most of the chest thumping would stop. people are naturally more civil to people they know plus i think people also arent always as brave if their identity is known.

I'm certainly willing to apologize for the 'idiot' comment. That was just me, myself, being an idiot.

I am highly (dare I say too highly) sensitive to the fact then when we are discussing players on this board we are talking about 18-22 year old kids. And while these kids are getting the great benefit of a free college education, they are still kids who are not being paid to play. Let alone put up with crap from the fans. Unlike a Cardinals or Rams or Blues player, we don't get to use how much money we've spent on the team as an excuse to say whatever we want about these kids. I particularly don't think we have the right to make negative comments (accurate or not) on a kid's intelligence, grades, life ...basically anything that is not about on-the-court performance.

Anyhow on to other topics........

if someone is that f'd up that they are stalking you on a college basketball message board, put that idiot in jail. call the police. actually i believe there actually is a law now that prohibits internet shenanigans.

You remember metz, right?

I get your point though and agree with it somewhat. I don't think there would be as much robust discussion either on the internet. Take the good with the bad, right?

Anywho, when is the first game?

Billikens.com is in full preseason mode already. Reminds of the days of triangleandtwo. People getting their feeling hurt threatening to quit the board. Accusations. Counteraccusations. Threatened lawsuits. Threatened @ss whoopings. And the boys aren't even practicing yet. A harbinger of things to come says I. A sign that all is right with the Billiken world. Cockstrong is gonna bring it this season!!!