Nike World Summit

Maybe you should go look up the definition of dominate and go revise your statement.

I saw every guy on the all-rookie team play multiple times and none of them (except maybe Gaston) could be considered close to dominant.

NH - u r all over the map on thus one. U think he will not be in our top 4 in scoring yet u think he will make the all rookie team. I agree with pick and roll. U don't make the all rookie team without solid numbers which u have basically said he won't have. We also aren't likely to get 2 guys on the all rookie team and u seem to think that will b mccall ( even though u probably have never seen him play).

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't seem to be a big fan of reading comprehension.

U think he will not be in our top 4 in scoring

Please show me where I said this.

which u have basically said he won't have

Again I never said that.

u seem to think that will b mccall

I don't think that and I didn't say I thought that

( even though u probably have never seen him play).

I have seen him play.

I expect Loe to average about 9 and 5 (as I stated earlier) and I expect that, on what I predict to be a top 25 team by season's end, those numbers will be good enough to make the all freshman team in the Atlantic Ten.

The hilarious thing is that if Loe would've knocked down the three he attempted the conversation about this game would be completely different. I know that everyone wanted our recruit to come in and dominate the game and score 35 like Kanter, but it didn't happen. Get over it, and make no judgments about his game, because there are none to be taken from such a forum. The supposition that you can tell that he's not ready to contribute because of watching this game are about the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on this board. (Sorry, Thicks and the rest of you, but it's true) The posts guaranteeing him a Billiken Hall of Fame plaque are equally ridiculous, but I can forgive them because they are merely responses to all the haters. I will wait until November when we can see him play for a longer stretch of time with a team that actually runs a well drilled offense to make my analysis on Rob Loe's game. I will say that he was able to run the floor from one end to the other, which is a good sign.

Except I didn't say that he won't contribute. I said nothing of the sort. What I said was that he didn't show that he will be an immediate star as suggested by the fact that he was selected to play in that game.

You don't seem to be a big fan of reading comprehension.

Please show me where I said this.

Again I never said that.

I don't think that and I didn't say I thought that

I have seen him play.

I expect Loe to average about 9 and 5 (as I stated earlier) and I expect that, on what I predict to be a top 25 team by season's end, those numbers will be good enough to make the all freshman team in the Atlantic Ten.

I must have confused u with some of the others that r going overboard on this.

I must have confused u with some of the others that r going overboard on this.

That seems plausible.

My expectations for the Bills next year:

PG: KM, MM, JJ

SG: KC, CS, PE

SF: CE, FJ, JS

PF: RL, BC

C: WR, CR

Redshirts: JS, DE

Leading Scorers (in order): WR, CE, KM, RL

2nd place in the A-10

sweet sixteen birth

KM and WR 2nd team all conference

CE 3rd team all conference

I acknowledged that it was just ONE game. I also said that he'll fit in on SLU's team better than he did last night. But I no longer envision his being an instant high-impact player; I don't think he'll necessarily be giving SLU an instant 12 points and 8 rebounds per game or more. I guess I was just wishing for more.

Sure, there are McDonald's All-Americans who don't dazzle in the showcase. How often do they then turn around and dazzle as freshmen? All I'm "concluding" is that Loe probably won't be a star as a freshman. Why does that make people so upset?

One of the most absurd comments I have ever read. Loe played 9 minutes!!!!! You have no ideal how good or bad he will be based on that brief appearance. I guess that 19 of 28 3 pt. shooting performance was just a mirage.

Guest BillikenReport

Seems to me I can remember people saying Willie Reed should redshirt before his freshman year. ;)

Rick Majerus also said that. Several times.

If SLU had better depth during Willie's freshman year, he would have redshirted.

Feel free to underestimate Mr. Loe and set the bar low for him (no pun intended) based on 10 minutes in an all star game.

You'll find yourself pleasantly surprised when he thrives under the tutelage of Majerus, who has sent less talented players to the freaking NBA.

Sure, we all wanted to see him drop 20 on the U.S., but don't write him off before he plays a single game in Billiken blue. Jeez.

This is one thread where I hope players don't read the board.

Don't worry I saw this documentary about the founding or a Civil War in New Zealand it was called the Lord of the Rings anyone else see it? Anyway, they didn't have the internet down there. However, I think Loe was on there as an extra he was like 24th Elf from the left at the Battle of Helms Deep you probably didn't notice him because he was wearing a blonde wig.

I think the dude will dominate just by the way he introduced himself. Dude has braces probably getting his grill up to US standards to hook it up with SLU co-eds. Did anyone see SLU is now 54% female? Makes me want to go back to school like Rodney Dangerfield (but my wife wouldn't approve). Also the dude spoke English real well in the intro too.

The number of NBA scouts just showing up the the practices gives an indication of the talent level of this game.

I suggest to pump yourselves up for the games next year play GET LOW

see below

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Dam, it was just an all-star game. All-star games generally do not show the true talent of players. I have seen many players excel in all-star games and that turns out to be the highlight of their careers.

Loe will be a player for SLU. I trust RM and the BSC schools who recruited him. I just hope they get him in early and get him on a strength program immediately. We have a lot of good bigs for next year and don't need Loe to be a stud next year. We just need him to be a solid contributor.

I for one am very excited about Remekun. If the kid improves as much this summer as he did during the season last year then we can wait for Loe to develop. We have more talented bigs than we have ever had in my life time and I have been around for over 50 years. Dam, 13 players and all can play. When have we had that kind of team?

Dam, it was just an all-star game. All-star games generally do not show the true talent of players. I have seen many players excel in all-star games and that turns out to be the highlight of their careers.

Loe will be a player for SLU. I trust RM and the BSC schools who recruited him. I just hope they get him in early and get him on a strength program immediately. We have a lot of good bigs for next year and don't need Loe to be a stud next year. We just need him to be a solid contributor.

I for one am very excited about Remekun. If the kid improves as much this summer as he did during the season last year then we can wait for Loe to develop. We have more talented bigs than we have ever had in my life time and I have been around for over 50 years. Dam, 13 players and all can play. When have we had that kind of team?

When? When is our first open practise so we can see these guys play together?

We all know that point guards are the masters of all star games. It helps if you bring a buddy who will feed you the ball; you could tell by the score this

was not organized basketball.

When? When is our first open practise so we can see these guys play together?

We all know that point guards are the masters of all star games. It helps if you bring a buddy who will feed you the ball; you could tell by the score this

was not organized basketball.

It definitely was organized basketball, but it involved highly skilled offensive players and a 24 second shot clock.

One of the most absurd comments I have ever read. Loe played 9 minutes!!!!! You have no ideal how good or bad he will be based on that brief appearance. I guess that 19 of 28 3 pt. shooting performance was just a mirage.

Yep. But I didn't see the 19 of 28.

Feel free to underestimate Mr. Loe and set the bar low for him (no pun intended) based on 10 minutes in an all star game.

You'll find yourself pleasantly surprised when he thrives under the tutelage of Majerus, who has sent less talented players to the freaking NBA.

Sure, we all wanted to see him drop 20 on the U.S., but don't write him off before he plays a single game in Billiken blue. Jeez.

Good post. I hope he does exceed my absurdly low expectations of 6-8 points per game and 4-5 rebounds per game his freshman year. I certainly haven't written him off, as I've already said he may be like Ian Vouyoukas. But, no, I'm not expecting him to average 10-12 points or more and 7-8 rebounds as a freshman.

I'm always a little skeptical of anointing guys with those types of stats before seeing them play. And then we do see him play and he doesn't how much (but as I say in my other post, I'm not too worried about last night's game).

The coach of the World team said it would take Loe some time before he was a star.

The last sentence you wrote. Isn't that all that thicks is saying? And me for that matter.

Well it looks like expectations of Rob Loe will be one of the big offseason topics... similar to the debates about what to expect from Cody. The difference between Cody and the Loe situations, are that Loe can be eased into the lineup since he is joining a more experienced team with better depth than what Cody faced.

Since I pretty much nailed what to expect from Cody, I will give it a shot with Loe. Of course this opinion is only based on a few articles, a few video clips and 10 minutes in an all-star game, but I'll give it a shot. I think Loe will immediately be one of our top 3 bigs. He will be starting by the time conference play rolls around. He will average 20-24 mpg, 9-11 ppg, 5 rpg. I view Loe as a taller, thinner, quicker version of Cody. He appears comfortable handling the ball away from the basket and is a good passer. Like Cody, he seems to like that pick and pop play around the top of the key, which will fit in well with the Majerus offense. He may be more comfortable than Cody putting the ball on the floor and driving to the basket. Like Cody, he may not be a great natural rebounder and may take some time adjusting to the physical U.S. game. He will get his share of blocked shots, but not be as adept in that area as Willie or even Cory. Those three, along with Jon Smith, give us a lot of shot blocking options. I expect us to break the school record which was set this past season.

The presence of Loe will really help Willie. He won't face many double-teams. Also, when Cody and Loe are on the floor at the same time, with their ability to hit the outside shot, it will greatly benefit Kwamain, McCall and Cassity, who will have a lot of room to either drive to the hoop or penetrate and dish.

Well it looks like expectations of Rob Loe will be one of the big offseason topics... similar to the debates about what to expect from Cody. The difference between Cody and the Loe situations, are that Loe can be eased into the lineup since he is joining a more experienced team with better depth than what Cody faced.

Since I pretty much nailed what to expect from Cody, I will give it a shot with Loe. Of course this opinion is only based on a few articles, a few video clips and 10 minutes in an all-star game, but I'll give it a shot. I think Loe will immediately be one of our top 3 bigs. He will be starting by the time conference play rolls around. He will average 20-24 mpg, 9-11 ppg, 5 rpg. I view Loe as a taller, thinner, quicker version of Cody. He appears comfortable handling the ball away from the basket and is a good passer. Like Cody, he seems to like that pick and pop play around the top of the key, which will fit in well with the Majerus offense. He may be more comfortable than Cody putting the ball on the floor and driving to the basket. Like Cody, he may not be a great natural rebounder and may take some time adjusting to the physical U.S. game. He will get his share of blocked shots, but not be as adept in that area as Willie or even Cory. Those three, along with Jon Smith, give us a lot of shot blocking options. I expect us to break the school record which was set this past season.

The presence of Loe will really help Willie. He won't face many double-teams. Also, when Cody and Loe are on the floor at the same time, with their ability to hit the outside shot, it will greatly benefit Kwamain, McCall and Cassity, who will have a lot of room to either drive to the hoop or penetrate and dish.

Good post. I think your projections are reasonable, if not conservative. I also seem to remember a very similar conversation regarding Cody before he arrived and he matched/exceeded most people's expectations. I see no reason to believe the same won't be true here.

Excellent analysis. I too agree that Willie will be even more of a force with more space to work. Plus with both of them on the floor at the same time the other team has choose who to put their best "big" defender on. Loe's ability to hit jumper really opens things up down low. If they put their best defender on him--he can just step outside and then Willie has a lesser defender on him on the block--He could score on just about anyone this year when he caught the ball on the block--another year in the weight room and at the dinner table and he is going to be a force next year on the blocks. Again, Loe's addition is a wonderful thing for this porgram. Now, lets just hope everyone stays healthy and plays to their potential and we can sit back and watch the W's pile up.

Excellent analysis. I too agree that Willie will be even more of a force with more space to work. Plus with both of them on the floor at the same time the other team has choose who to put their best "big" defender on. Loe's ability to hit jumper really opens things up down low. If they put their best defender on him--he can just step outside and then Willie has a lesser defender on him on the block--He could score on just about anyone this year when he caught the ball on the block--another year in the weight room and at the dinner table and he is going to be a force next year on the blocks. Again, Loe's addition is a wonderful thing for this porgram. Now, lets just hope everyone stays healthy and plays to their potential and we can sit back and watch the W's pile up.

Agree with Ace's analysis, but would also add that we're likely to see a lot more of CE and RL on the perimiter passing to a Guard and then getting back for a close in shot as their defender gets screened. CE did this very effectively in one of the CBI games. I think he scored 14 and had only one 3 in that game. No doubt, if we start CE, RL, and WR together that is going to cause a bunch of matchup problems in the A-10. Also, hope CE and RL work on getting to the hole off their own dribble as well. 6 months and counting down.

I watched the 3rd period of the game (friggin' replay of the Rockies extra innings game preempted the 1st half). Based on the reaction in this thread, I was sure I'd see some kid falling over himself, fumbling the ball, etc. What I saw was a good role player to the more effective players on the court. He set plenty of good picks on the perimeter without moving (take note of that Conk), which is a staple of RM's offense. He had a quick release on the 3 ball, went to the offensive boards when perimeter shots were in the air (most went in, so no rebound), ran the court well, had a good drive to the hoop where his shot was blocked/fouled by some of the preeminent big men in this age group. On defense, he played in a zone and I thought he did a good job of recognizing the open man and rotating. However, I'm not sure we can come to any conclusions about his D since he will be playing man-to-man most of the time.

Obviously, he'll need to get stronger. Like all freshman not named Brian Conklin, he'll need to get that desire to be more physical. It seemed obvious to me in 10 minutes against high caliber talent, the kid belonged.

I can't wait for Loe to play for us, he is going to be a great player for the Bills!

I saw on You tube last night someone on one of the Kentucky fan sights put together a highlight clip of one of their star recruits that played in that game. I know this is asking a bunch, as I don't have the ability to do it, but could someone who does, do a similar thing for those of us who didn't get to see the game? I know RL didn't exactly have a stellar highlight reel filled game, but maybe just a few sections of the game where he was in would be great.

To whomever takes me up, you will be the new hero of the this board.

Thanks in advance.

I saw on You tube last night someone on one of the Kentucky fan sights put together a highlight clip of one of their star recruits that played in that game. I know this is asking a bunch, as I don't have the ability to do it, but could someone who does, do a similar thing for those of us who didn't get to see the game? I know RL didn't exactly have a stellar highlight reel filled game, but maybe just a few sections of the game where he was in would be great.

To whomever takes me up, you will be the new hero of the this board.

Thanks in advance.

I could possibly put up a few clips. If someone would be so kind as to give me times in the game in which he played/made a play so I dont have to flip through it..

I could possibly put up a few clips. If someone would be so kind as to give me times in the game in which he played/made a play so I dont have to flip through it..

He played a fair amount in the 2nd half of the 3rd period. I would start with 8 min left in the 3rd period.