Nike World Summit

A few follow-up comments.

First, if our Bills really do turn the corner, 2010-2011 will be the year we finally start putting away certain teams. We will not only beat the teams we need to beat but we will do by more than 10 points. If we do this, then guys like WR will not still be out on the court with 3 minutes still to play. Instead, guys like WR will get to take a seat and allow the others to play these last 3 minutes. This past year, WR average 27.5 mpg. If my expectations comes true, then WR's mpg would drop to 25 mpg even though our reliance upon him has not really changed. Don't get me wrong, if the game is close, our best will still be on the floor. Also, if WR doesn't improve his FTs, he may play alot, especially up until the last few minutes of each game. Then, a better FT shooting big, possibly CE aor RL can finish the game. Both of these examples could cause WR's minutes to slightly decrease w/o him being demoted, replaced, etc.

Second, with a full preseason and pre-conference schedule, along with the off-season conditioning program, I think CE will come back a different player. CE will be given a chance to play the 3. I doubt he will be our starting 3 but I do think he will play some minutes at the 3. Therefore, not all of CE's mpg will come from the 4 or 5 spot. With that said, my best guess is that WR, RL and CE will each log similar minutes mostly at the 3. If CE turns into our best player at the 3, then great and things will change. Otherwise, I see RM starting WR and CE and then having RL play major minutes. BC and CR will then get the rest of the minutes. Basically, I see these 4 getting the minutes at the 4 and 5 spot. JS is the odd man out. I just don't see him getting minutes. Possibly, he will redshirt. Possibly, he will compete with FJ, CS, CE and KC for time at the 3. The last 2 guys on every team usually sit the bench and I see JS doing that along with JJ.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few follow-up comments.

First, if our Bills really do turn the corner, 2010-2011 will be the year we finally start putting away certain teams. We will not only beat the teams we need to beat but we will do by more than 10 points. If we do this, then guys like WR will not still be out on the court with 3 minutes still to play. Instead, guys like WR will get to take a seat and allow the others to play these last 3 minutes. This past year, WR average 27.5 mpg. If my expectations comes true, then WR's mpg would drop to 25 mpg even though our reliance upon him has not really changed. Don't get me wrong, if the game is close, our best will still be on the floor. Also, if WR doesn't improve his FTs, he may play alot, especially up until the last few minutes of each game. Then, a better FT shooting big, possibly CE aor RL can finish the game. Both of these examples could cause WR's minutes to slightly decrease w/o him being demoted, replaced, etc.

Second, with a full preseason and pre-conference schedule, along with the off-season conditioning program, I think CE will come back a different player. CE will be given a chance to play the 3. I doubt he will be our starting 3 but I do think he will play some minutes at the 3. Therefore, not all of CE's mpg will come from the 4 or 5 spot. With that said, my best guess is that WR, RL and CE will each log similar minutes mostly at the 3. If CE turns into our best player at the 3, then great and things will change. Otherwise, I see RM starting WR and CE and then having RL play major minutes. BC and CR will then get the rest of the minutes. Basically, I see these 4 getting the minutes at the 4 and 5 spot. JS is the odd man out. I just don't see him getting minutes. Possibly, he will redshirt. Possibly, he will compete with FJ, CS, CE and KC for time at the 3. The last 2 guys on every team usually sit the bench and I see JS doing that along with JJ.

JJ will get significant minutes on the floor....during warmups.