Nike World Summit

Wish we had Enes Kanter, "The Bull from Istanbul." That's a good big. The Int'ls have cut the lead to nine at the half. Kanter and Tristan Thompson, a Texas signee, are the only threats for the Int'ls.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BillikenReport

Since I've been watching, Loe missed a 3-pointer, grabbed a rebound and just got swatted on a drive to the basket.

When I talked to the World Team coach the other day, he said Loe's biggest adjustment in college basketball would be going up against bigger/stronger guys who are more athletic. That's pretty much the entire USA team right now, so its not surprising he is struggling.

Guest BillikenReport

I've heard that Jason Cadee of Australia, former teammate of Cody Ellis and Christian Salecich, will sign a pro contract after playing in the Nike Hoop Summit. I was told that SLU was trying to place him in a junior college in the US -- he wouldn't qualify academically for D-1 right away -- with the possibility of recruiting him down the road.

I've heard that Jason Cadee of Australia, former teammate of Cody Ellis and Christian Salecich, will sign a pro contract after playing in the Nike Hoop Summit. I was told that SLU was trying to place him in a junior college in the US -- he wouldn't qualify academically for D-1 right away -- with the possibility of recruiting him down the road.

The Chinese point guard could help our team more than Loe...for the moment. We need to hire a Turkish coach...

Guest BillikenReport

The Chinese point guard could help our team more than Loe...for the moment. We need to hire a Turkish coach...

REALLY impressed with that kid in the few minutes I've been watching.

I love watching pass-first point guards who put their teammates in position for easy baskets.

Guest BillikenReport

Josh Harrellson should have fun defending Enes Kanter in practice every day next year.

Kanter looks like everything I've heard and read about him. He is a beast.

Guest BillikenReport

US wins 101-97. Uh, unimpressive outing by Mr. Loe.

Agree, but Loe will be fine.

The next time he faces any of those US guys will be in the NCAA tournament.

This should be a good learning experience for him and should push him to get bigger and stronger.

US wins 101-97. Uh, unimpressive outing by Mr. Loe.

True, but he's still gotta be pretty good if he was named to the team. Plus, he still got a lot of experience with the practices and he also got a little taste of what he's gonna be up against, and he knows he needs to work hard at it this summer.

Robert Loe didn't stand out at all and showed nothing that he belongs on the floor with McDonald's all-Americans. Based on this ONE exhibition, I don't see how we can expect him to come in and start and be a top-four scorer.

I do believe, though, that he'll fit into the Coach Majerus's system better than he fit into tonight's game. He doesn't seem like a seven-footer at all, though.

Just hope that RM or one of his assistant coaches are at the game to watch over our prized recruit. Don't want one of the sleazy programs like UK coming in the last minute and trying to steal him.

Can't wait until national signing date and we get a letter of intent in hand.

Kentucky doesn't want Loe. The guy they have set a Nike Hoop Summit scoring record.

Guest BillikenReport

Loe will be fine. A lot of good college basketball programs wanted him and couldn't get him.

Don't completely discount the kid after he failed to show much in that game, going up against guys who will likely be in the NBA in two or three years.

For all you guys who were so high on Loe without seeing him play and yet told me he would be a program changer and definitely start immediately, what do you think now? He has a bit of a way to go and is not at as high a level as of now as are McCall and Evans. Maybe this type of game is not good for him. He may be better suited for a more structured style of play. Coach RM will make him better. Just how much better remains to be seen. Pracices against WR and others will be a big benefit to him. Like Billiken Report said, he will be alright, eventually. Evans is going to have to be a strong rebounder.

LOL its an exhibition.

He will be a Billiken Hall of Famer.

Mark it down.

I'm holding you to that. April 11, 2010 Majerus stated that Rob Loe will be a Billiken hall of famer. We shall revisit this in four years. I'm all for him being one of the all time greats. Being good enough to help us not only go to the NCAA tournament but win some games, will be pleasing to me.