It was a FANTASTIC win but...

Flashman

This comparison is truly dumb. Biondi lives on the campus of SLU, he works at SLU, he is an ambassador to SLU. Part of his "stuff to do" is to go to the game. Chaifetz has no obligation to give any money to the school, to go to the games, or to support the team, but he does so in spite of all the obstacles.

Quit being an idiot, get off your high horse and realize what a great contribution Chaifetz has made. We might still be in the "thin" if it weren't for him.

Let's not confuse the original argument. All I am saying. Pay attention now. We (the fans in the stands) should not be chanting the name of the man (who did indeed pay for the stadium we sit in) because he gets as excited during the game as we (that fans in the stands) do. I have nothing against the guy, I am sure he is busy, but, let's save the overwhelming admiration for someone else. If we chanted for Majerus like we did Chaifetz I would have no problem.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Doctor donated all that money during a period of "thin" in order to enjoy more "thick" (That sounds wrong). I dont care how many season tickets ive bought. my actions haven't certainly altered the course of this program. I think most programs around the country have a chaifetz. I forgot his name but Marquette certainly has one...and many people i know who attend marquette want to be him. I aspire as well to be dr. chaifetz cause lets be real...thats the closest any of us could be to the program. were certainly not playing in this lifetime.

It's definitely wrong. People don't enjoy moderators — EVER.

Let's not confuse the original argument. All I am saying. Pay attention now. We (the fans in the stands) should not be chanting the name of the man (who did indeed pay for the stadium we sit in) because he gets as excited during the game as we (that fans in the stands) do. I have nothing against the guy, I am sure he is busy, but, let's save the overwhelming admiration for someone else. If we chanted for Majerus like we did Chaifetz I would have no problem.

Don't worry. This is just the "honeymoon." After a few years of deep NCAA Tournament runs and a Final Four, people will be taking Dr. Chaifetz for granted. Or they'll secretly laugh at his enthusiasm.

I am not positive but I think Rimmerman and Flash are the balding father/son duo that sit in the second row of section 108.

Hahahahahaha...those guys are something else...

We the fans can cheer for whoever we want. You want us to cheer for you? Open your checkbook and get the team some charter flights.

if this was such a bother, why didnt you bring this up earlier? we've cheered for the doc all season, hell we have even made one of the fathead signs with his face on in (which he loved). but maybe you just werent at those games...

and when i donate 12mil to slu to help build the greatest thing to happen to slu's campus in terms of school spirit since the invention of the forward pass, ill do whatever i want to (hopefully WR will still be eligible so i can give him a high five at half)

wow, well this post is pretty ignorant.

I know that not a single person on this board has slapped down 12 million to see this program do well. That being said, the program is now doing well and his building is a huge reason why. So at the end of our first good season in HIS building, how the hell can you be mad for acknowledging this guy.

There are diehard fans for every school out there and I don't think any of them mind throwing a bone for some guy who made their team better instead of just sitting on his pile of cash

(SARCASM ON) You're right. Screw him. Have fun watching games at SCOTTKIELVISTRADE CENTER (SARCASM OFF)

After reading about 8 posts of this inane thread I noticed the two allies ID's: Flashman and Rimmerman... hello! I think we've been sucked in again by Metz and Billiphan.

After reading about 8 posts of this inane thread I noticed the two allies ID's: Flashman and Rimmerman... hello! I think we've been sucked in again by Metz and Billiphan.

No, Metz is slupkt04.

And by the way, Father Biondi probably could get the fans to cheer for him if he went to more games and weren't such a curmudgeon. Father Graham, the president of Xavier, gets a chant from the students and pretty much every home game. He sits in the same box every game, and inevitably during a timeout the students start the chant, "Fath-er Gra-ham!" clap clap clap-clap-clap, "Fath-er Gra-ham!" clap clap clap-clap-clap, and he'll throw on a Xavier Nation shirt or do something to make them cheer louder, and then return the applause right back at them. Biondi would never do that. He's also unpopular with large blocks of the student body for other reasons and doesn't have the personality to win them over in spite of it.

Dr. Chaifetz is the MAN!!!! HE can do whatever he wants. He brought three buddies with him and before the game Willie came over and Dick introduced him to his pals. What is wrong with that? He can high five players, dance on the court and do whatever he wants. Its CHAIFETZ arena for goodness sakes! I walked past him in the tunnel before the game and he said what's up? Many successful people normally dont even bother to say hello. Go Billikens!!

No, Metz is slupkt04.

And by the way, Father Biondi probably could get the fans to cheer for him if he went to more games and weren't such a curmudgeon. Father Graham, the president of Xavier, gets a chant from the students and pretty much every home game. He sits in the same box every game, and inevitably during a timeout the students start the chant, "Fath-er Gra-ham!" clap clap clap-clap-clap, "Fath-er Gra-ham!" clap clap clap-clap-clap, and he'll throw on a Xavier Nation shirt or do something to make them cheer louder, and then return the applause right back at them. Biondi would never do that. He's also unpopular with large blocks of the student body for other reasons and doesn't have the personality to win them over in spite of it.

That's because Biondi isn't visible enough. Some people at the '04 graduation admitted that was the first time they ever saw Fr. Larry. Unreal.

No Dr. no Chaifetz. There would have been 15-20 students at the game if it were at Scottrade last night.

Go to Ok State, Oregon or any other school with big donors to sports. They are treated like kings.

No, Metz is slupkt04.

At my sister's graduation, I don't know how many students hugged Fr. Graham after receiving their diplomas. The man is definitely beloved and he seems like a really charismatic guy.

As for the rest of this thread: EPIC FAIL.

No, Metz is slupkt04.

i wouldnt be so sure. one of metz's MO's is to sign up in advance a future identity so when he gets banned he has a new moniker already in waiting.

From the Globe-Democrat:

Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz, who donated the money to build the arena that carries his name, was at his usual courtside seat on Wednesday. The student section chanted his name during a time out until he recognized the fans by thrusting his first into the air. That salute brought an even louder cheer from the students.

"That was cool," Chaifetz said.

Alright so if I donate loads of money I'll be cheered for and chanted at for merely showing up? So our importance as a fan equals our down payment to the team? I have nothing against the man I just don't think MULTIPLE chants for him are warranted for finally showing up to a CBI game.

Yes. When you donate 12 mil. I will personally recruit 100 other Billiken fans and we will write a song honoring you and sing it before, at halftime, and at the end of every game you attend as long as you are alive.

I'll start getting volunteers now, who's in. I hope this Zimmerman guy is in as it already seems he sleeps with your dirty underwear, singing a song honoring you should be nothing.

F..k, I hope you don't hit the lottery.

i wouldnt be so sure. one of metz's MO's is to sign up in advance a future identity so when he gets banned he has a new moniker already in waiting.

I don't know, Roy. Read slupkt04's posts and they have similar tone, structure, and phrases to what Metz has been using on here for years. Those posts began shortly after his last reincarnations were banned. References to NYC, Peoria, other spots in central Illinois, Digger Phelps, Lent, Craig Robinson and Michelle Obama, Bradley, and conservative newspapers in his first 86 posts? If that's not Metz, it's someone who has done his homework on him. And no one reads Metz's blog but Metz, so this seems like a pretty open and shut case to me.

I like how he's pretending to have graduated in 2004 instead of 2005. Way to throw them off.

In addition to honoring Dr. Chaifetz, can the students start chanting Char-Ter Fli-ghts?

I am done talking about this Charter flight mess. I say we use the money saved and buy the band some new shirts. They are starting to look like Tarheel blue.