Top 10 reasons we need to sell out tonight

slu101

10) we are playing at least as many post-season games as Kansas

9) we are in the most exclusive post-season tornament ( only 16 teams lucky enough)

8) we are already in the elite 8

7) we can run this tournament and finish with 25 wins

6) best band in college shows up on force everytime

5) saintsations

4) Cody

3) Kyle

2) Willie

1) Kwamain

Let's get out there in force tonight and support our kids!!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10) we are playing at least as many post-season games as Kansas

9) we are in the most exclusive post-season tornament ( only 16 teams lucky enough)

8) we are already in the elite 8

7) we can run this tournament and finish with 25 wins

6) best band in college shows up on force everytime

5) saintsations

4) Cody

3) Kyle

2) Willie

1) Kwamain

Let's get out there in force tonight and support our kids!!!!!

.5) WILLIE BREAKS THE BLOCK RECORD!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN SAY YOU WERE THERE WHEN THE SULTAN OF SWAT WAS CROWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nark is an attorney. He deals in factual foundations.

I'll be interested to see how the 'Fetz is populated tonight. The current "best available" is 201 row H (upper deck, corner court) -- and when I went to buy tickets on Friday, another corner court section was all they would offer me besides our season tickets.

I predict another gaping hole at center court, and this time, rather than having fans clustered in somewhat better seats adjoining the court, we're going to have tiny islands of fans all over the place. And I still can't fathom why they wouldn't sell the (non-season-ticket-held) good seats to anyone who wanted them.

Nark is an attorney. He deals in factual foundations.

I'll be interested to see how the 'Fetz is populated tonight. The current "best available" is 201 row H (upper deck, corner court) -- and when I went to buy tickets on Friday, another corner court section was all they would offer me besides our season tickets.

I predict another gaping hole at center court, and this time, rather than having fans clustered in somewhat better seats adjoining the court, we're going to have tiny islands of fans all over the place. And I still can't fathom why they wouldn't sell the (non-season-ticket-held) good seats to anyone who wanted them.

At the first media timeout May should have Guy get on the PA and tell all fans to fill in the good seats. They won't but they should.

I heard a guy in line who was buting tickets say he had never heard of this tournament prior to this year. They are running into some of that. Plus, we are not playing big name teams and people are more familiar with the NIT. I don't expect big crowds for any of these games, but who cares. The important thing is that these young guys get more practice time and games at a time when most other teams are done playing. In particular, I look forward to watching more of the freshmen and more of Cody, who got cheated of some games early in the year. This is really about next year. The tickets are cheap, even for an old can collector like myself. I will buy tickets tonight and plan to be there all the way through to the championship. It's late March and we can still watch the Billikens. That's good enough for me.

At the first media timeout May should have Guy get on the PA and tell all fans to fill in the good seats. They won't but they should.

Just like the WNBA All-Star game, where ESPN2 mandated that all lower bowl seats be filled to make it "look" like a well-attended game.

I heard a guy in line who was buting tickets say he had never heard of this tournament prior to this year. They are running into some of that. Plus, we are not playing big name teams and people are more familiar with the NIT. I don't expect big crowds for any of these games, but who cares. The important thing is that these young guys get more practice time and games at a time when most other teams are done playing. In particular, I look forward to watching more of the freshmen and more of Cody, who got cheated of some games early in the year. This is really about next year. The tickets are cheap, even for an old can collector like myself. I will buy tickets tonight and plan to be there all the way through to the championship. It's late March and we can still watch the Billikens. That's good enough for me.

I just got back from getting my tickets. Best available 206 row E. I was told nothing was available in the 100's or in the middle upstairs, just the corners.

I still need to buy tickets for tonight's game. If I stop by on the way home from work between 5:30 and 6:00, will the box office be open and can I still buy my season tickets?

The Box Office should be open. I'd be surprised if they still have your season tickets. It would be silly to put walk-ups in the upper corners while still having season tickets unsold. Wasn't there something going on where you were supposed to reserve them?

Stopped by at lunch to pick up my two season tickets and bought 2 more. Was told to expect just shy of 5,000 if walk up was average.

Are they still holding season ticket holders seats? There is no way that there will be only 5k if they aren't and I was just told an hour ago that the best available are in the corners. If they are still holding season ticket holders seats without any type of committment or reservations they're fools.

Are they still holding season ticket holders seats? There is no way that there will be only 5k if they aren't and I was just told an hour ago that the best available are in the corners. If they are still holding season ticket holders seats without any type of committment or reservations they're fools.

Well when we win tonight, hopefully we can pull at least 8,000 for the semis and pack the house for the finals. Come on St. Louis, get out and support this team.

Well when we win tonight, hopefully we can pull at least 8,000 for the semis and pack the house for the finals. Come on St. Louis, get out and support this team.

you guys are delusional. if there was a game we were going to draw, tonite was the game. we had 5 days to sell tickets and let the season tix holders invite guests and sell tix.

now for wednesday if we win tonite we will have 46 hours or two business days to sell tickets and distribute. i.e. the same chinese fire drill we had last week.

we have gotten very little press to assist us, which i cant blame the post as they honestly are covering bigger events of which locals are participating. i would consider 4k a nice turnout.

I still need to buy tickets for tonight's game. If I stop by on the way home from work between 5:30 and 6:00, will the box office be open and can I still buy my season tickets?

You should be able to get your season tickets - if you call ahead, they can print them up and set them aside for you.

I'm not sure what their hours are, but I was there around 5:30 to pick up my tickets for the first round game. Being a game night, I'd think they'd be open.

you guys are delusional. if there was a game we were going to draw, tonite was the game. we had 5 days to sell tickets and let the season tix holders invite guests and sell tix.

now for wednesday if we win tonite we will have 46 hours or two business days to sell tickets and distribute. i.e. the same chinese fire drill we had last week.

we have gotten very little press to assist us, which i cant blame the post as they honestly are covering bigger events of which locals are participating. i would consider 4k a nice turnout.

How come the best I can get is in the corner upstairs? Did you say your friends got seats that normally belonged to other season ticket holders?

My parents and another couple were unsure on whether they would be able to go to the game, but they are going to be able to go. I told them they could just walk about around game time and still get 4 tickets next to each other. This should be the case right?

A Burwell or Bernie column today might have helped. Something like, "If you missed the Billiken surge in the regular season you can still ride the wave."

I applaud all who are going. You're true fans. But I think more than a few are plain disappointed about the NIT snub and UW-GB ain't exactly UCLA. Just hope the kids are looking at these games as very important building blocks for next year even though a lot of fans don't see it that way.

Tonight's and Wednesday's games were reserved together. Just pick em' up at will call. Shouldn't be a firedrill.

First let me say that I had to go into the office of the ticket department to get my seats, and the folks in there made me feel like they absolutely appreciated each and every season ticket holder.

That said, however, it appears that they overappreciated us, because it's sounding like they're holding all the season ticket seats for their proper owners. As a result, we're going to have maybe half capacity spread out over the entire arena, rather than 5,000 people clustered in seating parallel to the court and in the bottom of the end zones.

As I said last week: They would have achieved the best result by letting season ticket holders claim their seats until about Friday and then releasing them for general sale. (And, of course, selling the good seats. At worst, for $25 to anyone who wanted them. At best, make all of the seats $15 and sell to fill.)