Top 10 reasons we need to sell out tonight

slu101

First let me say that I had to go into the office of the ticket department to get my seats, and the folks in there made me feel like they absolutely appreciated each and every season ticket holder.

That said, however, it appears that they overappreciated us, because it's sounding like they're holding all the season ticket seats for their proper owners. As a result, we're going to have maybe half capacity spread out over the entire arena, rather than 5,000 people clustered in seating parallel to the court and in the bottom of the end zones.

As I said last week: They would have achieved the best result by letting season ticket holders claim their seats until about Friday and then releasing them for general sale. (And, of course, selling the good seats. At worst, for $25 to anyone who wanted them. At best, make all of the seats $15 and sell to fill.)

I thought Roy said either he or friends got tickets near him that normally belonged to season ticket holders. That told me they were releasing those seats. Which means either we are going to have about 8K or the admin are making another ridiculous decision.

If you are right and they are putting walk up people in the corners of the 200 level, it's just silly.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So which season ticket holder with good seats isn't going, so I can go down and fill those seats. Seriously, if you're not going to use them I'd appreciate it if you pm with the location. I'll buy you a beer next season or Wed if you're there.

How come the best I can get is in the corner upstairs? Did you say your friends got seats that normally belonged to other season ticket holders?

yes

Tonight's and Wednesday's games were reserved together. Just pick em' up at will call. Shouldn't be a firedrill.

i bought 9 for tonite i only have 2 for wednesday as the others that wanted to go tonite cant go wednesday or couldnt commit last wednesday when i was calling.

yes

that would tell me they did release those tickets and the 100's and the middle sections of the 200's are sold out. If so, that's fantastic. I'd rather the place be full and have to sit in the corner in the 200's than be able to move down because the place is empty.

A Burwell or Bernie column today might have helped. Something like, "If you missed the Billiken surge in the regular season you can still ride the wave."

UW-GB ain't exactly UCLA.

I bet they beat them this year :P

that would tell me they did release those tickets and the 100's and the middle sections of the 200's are sold out. If so, that's fantastic. I'd rather the place be full and have to sit in the corner in the 200's than be able to move down because the place is empty.

I'll give you an intermediate possibility: They let season ticket holders buy the released seats in addition to their own, but they're not selling them to the general public.

I'll give you an intermediate possibility: They let season ticket holders buy the released seats in addition to their own, but they're not selling them to the general public.

I hope that's not the case. It doesn't make sense to put walk-ups that could be new fans upstairs in the corners while they have lower seats available.

Since I didn't renew this year and my name is probably no good, I should have just thrown your name around at the Box Office.

So which season ticket holder with good seats isn't going, so I can go down and fill those seats. Seriously, if you're not going to use them I'd appreciate it if you pm with the location. I'll buy you a beer next season or Wed if you're there.

Just come and sit in the 3rd row of 108.

Sellout? I'll bet a tasty ale that we don't get more than 4,000 tonight.

I'll meet you at Vito's Wednesday at 7:00 to collect. 4235 was the official attendance. My guess was 4000-4500 during the game--so pretty good guess.

As far as the seating policy goes--it is just bizarre They had a line all the way out the door, down the steps and on to the giant SLU sidewalk and they were sticking people up in the corners--telling us these were the best available. I was excited that we might actually have a fair turn out. When I got to the window I could plainly see through the windows and into the arena--all empty seats. Then I was told I can put you in the middle of 217? Didn't make sense, but I still held out hope. I asked for anything else--I really wanted 108 or 109 where we sat last game. She said no, but she had 4th row of the other corner. Why not offer that as "Best Available" to begin with? Then I walked into the area--maybe 3,500 tops--TONS of open seats everywhere and we are stuck up in the corner. Section 108 and 109 were no where near full--perhaps season ticket holders seats that were not used?? Regardless, the section we were in (as was the case for every section in the building) was no where near full. We didn't sit in the exact seats of our tickets--nor did anyone in our section. We all left spaces and used seats for jackets. Three rows of empty seats in from of us. Again none of it made any sense. I understand holding season ticket holder's seats and I would be furious if I had season tickets and was told we sold your seats and you have to sit up in the nose-bleeds (not that there is a bad seat in the building) but they do need to make a bit of a change in their policy.

Perhaps--"We will hold season ticket holders' seats up until 24 hours (or any other appropriate time frame) before the game. If you do not contact us and tell us to hold them for you--we will sell them to walk-ups."

As I type this, I realize that next year, when I will be a season ticket holder, I may not like this proposed rule as much, but would totally understand the rule. If I didn't tell them I wanted to use my tickets--someone else who does want a good seat should get to. I really would have no problem with people wanting to to go the game and getting good seats--it only makes sense. As it stands anyone wanting to experience the Bills for the first time is stuck up in th corners with no options to buy better seats. I have brought several new people to games this year and have made at least 2 converts. Last night I was supposed to have another newbie at the game, but his wife got sick. I would have liked to get good seats, as it stood the 4th row of the corner upper deck wasn't bad at all, but not like what I have moved down to early in the year. Again, with loads--literally at least a couple thousand seats in the lower bowl and at least that in the center sections of the upper bowl--I would like the opportunity to sit in those--as would hundreds of others, I am sure.

I'll meet you at Vito's Wednesday at 7:00 to collect. 4235 was the official attendance. My guess was 4000-4500 during the game--so pretty good guess.

As far as the seating policy goes--it is just bizarre They had a line all the way out the door, down the steps and on to the giant SLU sidewalk and they were sticking people up in the corners--telling us these were the best available. I was excited that we might actually have a fair turn out. When I got to the window I could plainly see through the windows and into the arena--all empty seats. Then I was told I can put you in the middle of 217? Didn't make sense, but I still held out hope. I asked for anything else--I really wanted 108 or 109 where we sat last game. She said no, but she had 4th row of the other corner. Why not offer that as "Best Available" to begin with? Then I walked into the area--maybe 3,500 tops--TONS of open seats everywhere and we are stuck up in the corner. Section 108 and 109 were no where near full--perhaps season ticket holders seats that were not used?? Regardless, the section we were in (as was the case for every section in the building) was no where near full. We didn't sit in the exact seats of our tickets--nor did anyone in our section. We all left spaces and used seats for jackets. Three rows of empty seats in from of us. Again none of it made any sense. I understand holding season ticket holder's seats and I would be furious if I had season tickets and was told we sold your seats and you have to sit up in the nose-bleeds (not that there is a bad seat in the building) but they do need to make a bit of a change in their policy.

Perhaps--"We will hold season ticket holders' seats up until 24 hours (or any other appropriate time frame) before the game. If you do not contact us and tell us to hold them for you--we will sell them to walk-ups."

As I type this, I realize that next year, when I will be a season ticket holder, I may not like this proposed rule as much, but would totally understand the rule. If I didn't tell them I wanted to use my tickets--someone else who does want a good seat should get to. I really would have no problem with people wanting to to go the game and getting good seats--it only makes sense. As it stands anyone wanting to experience the Bills for the first time is stuck up in th corners with no options to buy better seats. I have brought several new people to games this year and have made at least 2 converts. Last night I was supposed to have another newbie at the game, but his wife got sick. I would have liked to get good seats, as it stood the 4th row of the corner upper deck wasn't bad at all, but not like what I have moved down to early in the year. Again, with loads--literally at least a couple thousand seats in the lower bowl and at least that in the center sections of the upper bowl--I would like the opportunity to sit in those--as would hundreds of others, I am sure.

It was absolutely ridiculous. To hold 6000 or more seats for season ticket holders to a game that only half that are showing up to is unreal. If a season ticket holder can't reserve his seat within a couple of days of game time .... tough. and if you're a season ticket holder and you'd be angry at losing your seat because you didn't reserve it, you're an idiot

For me, this merely extends about 40 years of frustration with utterly absurd marketing decisions made by the athletic department. For both the ISU game and the GB game, I was simply astounded that they chose to leave the corner-court sections of the lower bowl (save for the one behind the Billiken bench) almost VACANT.

And what's the reasoning behind not selling the best seats in the house? Are they afraid they're going to offend the 20 percent of the center court section who hold season tickets there? Can you honestly imagine any season ticket holder being UPSET that the arena looked full(er) on TV, or that real fans could cheer close to the court?

The stated policy is that season ticket holders who have already stated their desire to sit in their seats need do nothing else (except pick them up and pay for them). The simple and best-impression way to promote the arena and the team for any remaining games would be to sell ANY seat that the holder hasn't claimed for the first two games. If you're worried about the ticket holders who haven't yet but might show up for the remaining games, set aside about 100 seats in the lower center sections for "just in case" and dole those out to any exceptions.

Or just keep giving walkups crappy upstairs seats from which they can observe the thousands of empty seats below them. I realize this is a difficult executive decision; perhaps they should hold a meeting or convene a focus group. :rolleyes:

Was someone stopping fans from moving from the uppers to the lowers? Seems like a no brainer. I've been at the Mizzou Arena when it's a third full and the PA announcer invited fans to come down to the lower levels. What is the drawback to that plan?

Was someone stopping fans from moving from the uppers to the lowers? Seems like a no brainer. I've been at the Mizzou Arena when it's a third full and the PA announcer invited fans to come down to the lower levels. What is the drawback to that plan?

no, but many people just won't do that. They don't want to be in anyone else's seat and be asked to move. It seems impossible for SLU to just use their head and come up with a sensible plan. Had I been just a casual fan who decided to attend this game, I'd have been pissed, maybe enough not to come back. We have a perfect chance to draw some new fans ... it was a great game with plenty of excitement, and rather than have new fans or non season ticket holders sit down amid the excitement they get shoved up into a corner of the upper level and get to look down at a few thousand empty seats below them immediately after they were told the seats they got were the best available.

I'd bet it has some parallel to the old bat who got the name "Baby Blues" censored. No doubt they're afraid that some of the MAC members who sparsely populate the primo seats will get their embossed boxers in a knot if they're forced to sit next to some loud-mouthed a) Gravois used-car salesman; b ) member of the dying liberal mainstream media; c) brokerage employee who isn't even a vice president; d) mortgage banker who caused all of their trust funds to tank; e) beer-swilling recent graduate; f) fill in your own Billikens.com poster description here. :rolleyes:

I'd bet it has some parallel to the old bat who got the name "Baby Blues" censored. No doubt they're afraid that some of the MAC members who sparsely populate the primo seats will get their embossed boxers in a knot if they're forced to sit next to some loud-mouthed a) Gravois used-car salesman; b ) member of the dying liberal mainstream media; c) brokerage employee who isn't even a vice president; d) mortgage banker who caused all of their trust funds to tank; e) beer-swilling recent graduate; f) fill in your own Billikens.com poster description here. :rolleyes:

I sat with the Shoe's in lower 108. I love that section. My big mouth doesn't stand out. I'm just like any other loud mouthed a$$hole in the section.

I sat with the Shoe's in lower 108. I love that section. My big mouth doesn't stand out. I'm just like any other loud mouthed a$$hole in the section.

Skip,

You are welcome in 108 anytime. You were an animal last night. I think the refs were afraid of you.

Sat next to a guy last night who was not too happy his section was being infiltrated with loud-mouth, beer-swilling graduates.

Separately, this may not sound like much, but together, you guys are like Voltron.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">