Who gets the game ball??

bsheldon

What a great win for a young team. Great growing experience.

Now if we could we could have stopped anyone from driving to the basket and force just perhaps one jumper it wouldn't have been close.

To the point. Who do you give the game ball to.

KM is the easy choice. However both KC and CE--he is the real deal, played extremely well. I gotta give it to KC.

He had a great game and hit some open shots and drove to the basket--showing the aggressivness we have been begging him to show.

My vote, Kyle Cassity.

Now if we could we could have stopped anyone from driving to the basket and force just perhaps one jumper it wouldn't have been close.

KM is the easy choice. However both KC and CE--he is the real deal, played extremely well. I gotta give it to KC.

He had a great game and hit some open shots and drove to the basket--showing the aggressivness we have been begging him to show.

My vote, Kyle Cassity.

+1 :P

My vote, Kyle Cassity.

KC. Efficiency incarnate. Really looked aggressive out there. KM delivered as always towards the end, but KC went above and beyond this game.

I know I am hard on KC but tonight he really showed me something. He played with a lot of confidence and I hope he keeps it up. I think this team can go places with CE and the rebirth of JS.

I say no individual winners tonight. Give it to the entire team for their outstanding effort. Great job boys!!

Game Ball goes to a new member of the team, someone I cannot remember SLU having a guy called Depth!! Welcome Depth!!

I concur. The whole team gets the game ball for their first road win this season.

Mark Saturday, February 27, 2010 on your calendar. Duquesne will want revenge.

I concur. The whole team gets the game ball for their first road win this season.

Mark Saturday, February 27, 2010 on your calendar. Duquesne will want revenge.

Come up with an effective game plan to contain Saunders, combined with playig at the 'Fetz, and I'll mark that date alright....as another win for the good guys!! :-)

what an awesome surprise to come home to! and yes, it appears by the box score ellis is indeed for real. 4 assists to go along with a double double. obviously this kid is a basketball player. doing it all.

for the cassity haters. 6-7 from the field! yes kyle. now keep looking to score.

if you got two others scoring besides willie and kwamain it will only make willie and kwamain that much more effective.

on to charlotte.

ESPN has it.

SLU-Duquesne Box Score

Great game. CE redshirt? Ya, right.

A few pts from the box score: KC played more than anyone else 46 out of 50 minutes. WR only had 4 total rebounds-come on Willie, you gotta do better-thanks for CE's 11 rebounds and JS's 8 boards. We scored 23 pts. in the first 20 minutes and 19 in the last 5! Reading the thread, I was worried about our FT %, but looking at the box score, it doesn't look so bad-CS can shoot them and he was the worst this game and KM didn't do too good either and I don't worry about him at the line. Glad to see CE nailed both his.

Now that we know how to win on the road, let's kick some 49 @$$ this weekend. Great job by a bunch of inexperienced kids!

My vote, Kyle Cassity.

Clearly Cassity is the star of the game given his 6 for 7 shooting. If the box score is correct he played 46 minutes. When SLU made the big run down 8 midway through the 2nd half it was Cassity that got it all started. He also had a big drive to start off one of the OTs. Porter raved about him during the post game show.

Ellis was certainly an impact player despite not shooting it all that great. He missed shots to win it in both regulation and OT but still was a major factor as the defense realized it had to come out on him. He then lobbed it in to Willie or other big men who had a only a single defender on them in the middle of the lane. That is certainly something that has been missing for much of the year.

Finally, we played 3 big men for much of the late game and OT periods.

I wish they get the box score on the web. Depth is something we have not seen in Billiken teams since I can remember.

Pull up Game Tracker - it has all of the same stuff the box score will have.

http://www.slubillikens.com/gametracker/la...artschool=&

I've been one of the Cassity doubters. Gotta tip my cap to Kyle with a great performance tonight. Great road win for the young Billikens.

Let's hope this is the way he plays the rest of the year. Obviously, RM has a lot of confidence in KC. If he can just approach this level in future games, coupled with the arrival of the "savior," we can do alright in conference-not win it but at least be in the top half. It tough this year with URI, Richmond, Temple, Dayton and X likely to get the top 5 spots, but who knows with an ever improving CE and a hoped for return by WR to his early season level of play, if KC can continue to score we might be able to crack that top 5. I'm not expecting it, but it could happen.