To all who have been supportive of me ...

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive of me here.

I do appreciate it.

Over the past few months I've thought a lot about not posting here anymore, because it sometimes takes up a lot of time and some people could interpret things the wrong way, but the reason I continue to post here is because I think I can provide information to the fans here who wouldn't be able to get that information otherwise.

I know there are people here appreciative of that, so I keep coming back.

I do plan on changing my handle here soon, because I don't like that so many posts on Billikens.com come up when you google my name.

But I will not by bullied by someone with a personal agenda against me into leaving this board.

Thanks to all.

- Nate

Keep posting, the key to your posts are just to understand that you are a guy who follows HS basketball and shares his knowledge. Doesn't make it right or wrong, it's usually just an opinion or a tidbit you've passed along.

Keep it up.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

The vast majority of us appreciate your posts, and take them for what they are--an honest opinion by someone who is dialed into the StL prep scene. And not intending to change the subject, I'll say the same for VTime's posts.

I can agree with the statement about offering too many kids. I usually mean to say that these guys are worthy, but not all should be offered at the same time. He does have 6 scholarships next year, so excuse me if I go a little overboard.

I don't know what this is all about but don't go. I don't come on here as often as I used to (missed the Soderberg firing and now this) but when I do, there are some folks I like to read while ignoring the others. You are one so I don't want to see you go. I don't get into the ***-for-tat that goes on so if there is some long thread of give-and-take, I ignore it.

Nate

please keep the info coming, in fact i think now with a new regime it is more important, at least to me, to see what is happening from recruits/coaches/relevant outsiders of the program perspective, hopefully you can help keep us updated on the progress of the program.

thanks

Nate. Keep posting but Roy does have some points. You may only be the messenger but please give us some insight in that it does appear there to be a silent, unknown community which likes to take cheap shots at SLU. I could be wrong, but it appears that Roy is calling you (possibly just the messenger) out for these attacks - Charlie got lazy, Brad stopped recruiting kids... Not asking, of course, for the names of your sources but do believe that certain influential people within the AAU community and/or certain high school HCs have an axe to grind with SLU. Would that be fair?

Seems that Spoon and his assistants had trouble with Cardinal Ritter and others. Then, Romar and Irons (and many of his allies) did not get along all that well. Most likely, Brad did not get along with certain guys either. Possibly, each of the instances involve different people and different incidents over a number of years.

With that said, can you give any insight as to source of these problems. Have some of their guys been ignored in favor of out of state guys? Is there a feeling that 1 or more from this community should have been given more access to SLU and/or been an assistant coach. With a history of several recent SLU coaches, 2 White and 1 Black, what gives?

Roundtree, Grimes and Shaw are just the latest to say he likes SLU but not commit. Didn't SLU come in second for Jahidi White and Chris Carawell. Not too long ago was Jimmy McKinney. This has gone on for quite awhile. Naturally, most guys want to stay in town and be the next Scott Highmark or Erwin Claggett but, for various reasons, end up going elsewhere - usually for what they believe to be better basketball situations but lesser cities and schools.

Any thoughts?

Amy

Keep posting Nate, Roy has no clue what he is talking about anyway, he is just some disgruntled alumnist that thinks he knows everything, e is pretty much a *********, it makes you think if BROY knows everything about basketball, why didn't he apply for the coaching position, he seems tohave all the answers.

It took me some time to warm up to you as I have not lived in St. Louis since '96. I am not sure when you arrived on the scene in St. Louis.

I think you are a welcome addition with your updates on HS players, and not living in St. Louis I appreciate reading your notes about the players and who is recruiting them.

As to being objective in your approach, I also appreciate that approach. I have found that living away from the program has allowed me to be more objective in my views regarding Billiken basketball...doesn't mean I am less passionate and my desire to see the team succeed remains rock solid.

Nate, keep posting and I am pretty sure with Coach Majerus running the show we may still make you a Billiken fan.