Willie Reed - Impressive Heat Debut

philliken

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Easily. How much do you want to lose? Also if I could get off this Metz club BS y'all needed while Zeke Moore moved on to leave room for better players. 

ok... if the 76ers dont make the playoffs next year, i will lobby to have your post limit removed. if they do make the playoffs, you impose a 1-year self ban 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/03/free-agent-willie-reed-my-goal-for-next-season-is-to-win-the-most-improved-player-award/

Willie is after NBA Most Improved Award.

(Please Glory (aka TRav), take your b*tch slapping somewhere else.)

He's list 9th in the Hoops Hype list of 21 centers available via free agency.

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Boston should go after him.  He would be an upgrade at center for them, and they are looking to win now.  Obviously, that would be fun for us too.

No money available until they make a trade, but he would definitely fill a need 

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

No money available until they make a trade, but he would definitely fill a need 

They have a mid level exemption that would allow them to sign Willie.  The trade is needed to sign Hayward at the max.

58 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They have a mid level exemption that would allow them to sign Willie.  The trade is needed to sign Hayward at the max.

They would have the room mid-level which is a little more than half of the full mid-level ($8M). I don't see BOS tying up money long-term with their impending FAs, nor Willie settling for a one-year deal at that price but who knows 

6 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Memphis could probably use him too.  Zach Randolph just left for Sacramento.

Willie is a different kind of 6'10" forward than Chandler Parsons is, to be sure. But I would still be surprised if the Grizzlies have the minutes or the money to devote to Willie this year.

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

Willie is a different kind of 6'10" forward than Chandler Parsons is, to be sure. But I would still be surprised if the Grizzlies have the minutes or the money to devote to Willie this year.

Money might be tight with that ridiculous contract they gave Parsons.

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

I would hope he doesn't go to the Grizzlies.  They will be dreadful.

It's a shame to lose Z-Bo, but as long as they have Gasol and Conley they'll have a chance to be a first round playoff team. I wouldn't expect a huge dropoff from where they've been the last two years.

3 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

It's a shame to lose Z-Bo, but as long as they have Gasol and Conley they'll have a chance to be a first round playoff team. I wouldn't expect a huge dropoff from where they've been the last two years.

This is Hollinger's plan. Long-term mediocrity. Genius level thinker.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, AnkielBreakers said:

This is Hollinger's plan. Long-term mediocrity. Genius level thinker.

I'm not sure a team like the Grizzlies can realistically hope for much more in today's NBA. Even with Randolph, they couldn't compete with the super-teams. But making the playoffs year in, year out seems pretty damn good for a market like Memphis. Every year they have a chance to get hot and beat a team or two like San Antonio in the postseason.

4 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

I'm not sure a team like the Grizzlies can realistically hope for much more in today's NBA. Even with Randolph, they couldn't compete with the super-teams. But making the playoffs year in, year out seems pretty damn good for a market like Memphis. Every year they have a chance to get hot and beat a team or two like San Antonio in the postseason.

You think they will make the playoffs again.  I do not.  Also, Lionel Hollins and co deserve the credit, and Hollinger has done little to improve the situation.  I am not a Hollinger fan.  My frustrations began with the Rudy Gay trade.  I think it ended a real shot at making the finals, maybe even a championship.  An outside shot, but with the way things played out that year, it was much more significant than most think.  He had a long-term losing contract, but did Austin Daye or Tayshaun Prince really make up the difference?

Their margin for error as a 7 or 8 seed is low, I'll admit, but I don't expect them to be significantly worse next year. Their biggest problem has been drafting over the past several seasons. As I see it, that's the biggest reason Gasol/Conley/Randolph and Co. were never able to reach the Finals. But there's no rule forcing Memphis to keep drafting terribly. Solve that problem and the core that's left is still good enough to keep building playoff teams around.