Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

17 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Now ole Roy is saying that we've "committed serious tampering" because there are "guidelines re: extent to which OTHER SCHOOLS can talk to a recruit who is committed."

He goes on to accuse Goodwin of violating NCAA rules/guidelines because JGood is talking to JT. 

What, if any of that, violates any NCAA reg/guideline? 

That would cause some serious issues if they were teammates. This guy sounds like a 4th grader who didn't get his way. Hell, the NCAA couldn't even prevent another kid from talking to him if he was signed.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Just trying to put in my work for the squad :D

Except Tilmon would probably only be there one year. So sub out Tilmon for Gordon in two years, basically. Still absolutely ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, gravilst said:

On 247, a recruiting analyst switched his prediction to SLU for Tilmon.  

I'm not sure if I want Tilmon because he is a NBA caliber big man and the caliber of recruit we haven't signed since Larry or because I want to see the meltdown from Illinois fans.

Prior to the news that Tilmon would not be signing right away; the Illinois message board was saying he was going to play for 2 years.  I just wonder why they were thinking that.  If he were to sign here and play for 2 years, I couldn't even imagine how good the front court would be. 

3 minutes ago, gravilst said:

Prior to the news that Tilmon would not be signing right away; the Illinois message board was saying he was going to play for 2 years.  I just wonder why they were thinking that.  If he were to sign here and play for 2 years, I couldn't even imagine how good the front court would be. 

I think most who have seen him play would anticipate him needing two years of college basketball receiving quality coaching before jumping to the league.

8 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

The symbolism in these emojis is nothing short of fantastic. Goodwin is a monster. Illinois is crawling around and gasping for air 

IMG_6983.PNG

Can someone translate for those of us that are over 30?