Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that worried about Randy. We're in on two transfers who have attracted better interest than Miami (OH)... and there may be other transfers we are in contact with. If we don't get Randy I'm fine, because I think there is a possibility we can get somebody better. If Yacoubou says today he wants to come to SLU, I say so long Randy.

Absolutely. Same with Jesperson later this week.

Probably because we have no idea if they signed anybody.

According to Verbal Commits, Miami has two open scholarships. They've already signed a SF and a PF.

Verbal Commits only lists one guard under Miami's recruits - 2-star shooting guard Monty Boykins. Looks like they need help at the PG position - they have one PG who will be a senior, along with a junior walk-on.

I'm not that worried about Randy. We're in on two transfers who have attracted better interest than Miami (OH)... and there may be other transfers we are in contact with. If we don't get Randy I'm fine, because I think there is a possibility we can get somebody better. If Yacoubou says today he wants to come to SLU, I say so long Randy.

I mean like I said I would be very happy with any of the three.

Miami seems to be selling him on starting immediately, basically handing him the keys of the program and building around him (if what I've read is to be believed; who knows how that would actually play out). Pair that with a beautiful campus, nice facilities- it's no wonder he's not making this decision hastily. I'm still thinking this is a two-horse race. I hope he picks us. I like his game a lot. Kid's got a high ceiling. We'd have him for four years.

For Yacoubou, we're one of three, with Georgia Tech and Pitt.

For Jesperson, we're one of at least four, with Nebraska, Northern Iowa, and USC as definite competition and Florida and maybe others beyond that.

So I don't want to be dismissive of Onwuasor taking his time. If he goes with Miami, we're by no means a lock for one of the other two. I'd be happy with any of the three but still think Onwuasor is my top pick (4 years, lot of potential, eligible immediately). The other two are very good talents and have potential, but they've also both underachieved in their first two seasons, would only have two seasons left, and would have to sit a year.

Miami seems to be selling him on starting immediately, basically handing him the keys of the program and building around him (if what I've read is to be believed; who knows how that would actually play out). Pair that with a beautiful campus, nice facilities- it's no wonder he's not making this decision hastily. I'm still thinking this is a two-horse race. I hope he picks us. I like his game a lot. Kid's got a high ceiling. We'd have him for four years.

For Jesperson, we're one of at least four, with Nebraska, Northern Iowa, and USC as definite competition and Florida and maybe others beyond that.

So I don't want to be dismissive of Onwuasor taking his time. If he goes with Miami, we're by no means a lock for one of the other two. I'd be happy with any of the three but still think Onwuasor is my top pick (4 years, lot of potential, eligible immediately). The other two are very good talents and have potential, but they've also both underachieved in their first two seasons, would only have two seasons left, and would have to sit a year.

What's nice is that any of these guys would be a good get for the program. We're sitting in May with what could be a great class. This "new world" since the Situation is much more fun.

I think this is a positive quite frankly. We've got a deep team again next year and will likely only be playing 8-9 in the regular rotation. Rather than having 4-5 guys frustrated with the lack of playing time, having one that can't complain at all works just fine. If one more chooses to redshirt you are down to just 2 or 3 that sit on the bench but rarely play.

Miami OH would be a very fun school to go to. I imagine the showed Randy a good time on the visit.

I suspect the staff is in agreement with the rest of us in saying any of these three guys would be a good get. I wonder who we have the best shot at more than who is the top priority.

+1

This has probably been discussed during the 600 pages, and this may not be news to any of you, but I just read an article that came out 3 days ago saying the nova transfer is down to his final three schools. Those being PITT GT and SLU.

Richard Pugh@richardpslu27m

looking forward to hopefully seeing @RandyO_25 on SLU's campus next year

Retweeted by Peanut

got myself a RT from mr Randy O himself

I honestly think he retweets all tweets that have his name in it... Which all happen to be slu based.

Miami OH would be a very fun school to go to. I imagine the showed Randy a good time on the visit.

I suspect the staff is in agreement with the rest of us in saying any of these three guys would be a good get. I wonder who we have the best shot at more than who is the top priority.

It really seems we have the best chances with RO to me... I think he's my favorite choice too, which only partially has to do with whoever came up with Onwausorus Rex. :)

I honestly think he retweets all tweets that have his name in it... Which all happen to be slu based.

Yeah, we're a lot more aggressive than Miami fans, apparently. I wouldn't put too much stock in it; Daishon Knight retweeted a LOT of Murray State fans' tweets before committing to Illinois State. Then again, he also retweeted whenever an Illinois State sorority girl offered sexual favors in exchange for an LOI.

One of the transfers helps spread out the classes better...while a lot of people overlook this it is very important

Roy's version.

pistol guess what the bridge goes both directions. i rarely see any of you knotheads over here either and considering it was probably worth the drive just to see malcolm hill play this year, more shame is directed at you show me staters than me.

Are you saying the east side has 3 guards that should be as good as KM, or Marque, let alone Josh?

Wouldn't that probably be the best group of pg's to come out of St. Louis in the same year in um... forever

they are strong. i would say they are all d1 guards. senior season will tell us if they are mitchell +or-

they are strong. i would say they are all d1 guards. senior season will tell us if they are mitchell +or-

maybe all D1, but there is a huge difference in d1 and KM. I guess my point is ... I highly doubt all 3 will be players that can help us be a consistent top 25 team. If they can't we don't want them

maybe all D1, but there is a huge difference in d1 and KM. I guess my point is ... I highly doubt all 3 will be players that can help us be a consistent top 25 team. If they can't we don't want them

I think all three of these players would help us be a Top 25 team.