Informal Poll

STLfan

I know that looks like a change but when you give it some thought, it's got to be 13+. Reasons: program improves we're going to wish we were still in Savvis pulling in 17+. If the Big East falls apart, and the hoops schools go their own way, there will have to be a Papal Conference made up of East and Midwest schools, we're gonna look a whole lot more attractive with a bigger arena than a smaller one. Give the students the front like other schools do. I like that jumping thing they're doing now, and who knows what they'll come up with in the future? Mooning? Imagine that for a moment on nat'l tv.

>10,000. Get it done and create better atmosphere/"buzz"

I, too, would prefer a smaller building! A real "home court" is so important in college basketball...I think it could also create a demand for student tickets...I want the building to be full every game...like Dayton or Xavier, who cares what we may draw in the future, i'm talking right now.

Right now, a student can wait until the last minute and get a great seat. If they get turned away a few times, there will be an urgency to get the tickets earlier. It will show them that their seat is "valuable", right now SLU tickets are something like the free shaving cream they hand out to freshman at orientation.

I full arena will also create a need to televise more home games regionally for those who can't get to every game, thus increasing our fan base. If we have a huge draw like Mizzou or Illinois, we can always play in the dome or the savvis for a huge gate.

.. its either or. I think 13K is a little too big. YouDee Arena is a little over 13K and they don't fill it .... and what else is there to do in Dayton, Ohio in February? I think 10K is a little too small. Citas is a little over 10 .... Cleveland State is around 12K ... and I like the Petersen Arena new at Pitt. Halton has been described as too spartan and that's just below 10K. Create the buzz. There are two other fine venues in town that might pay us to move a game there once or twice a year if its a bigger payday we seek. But for that, you'd need a buzz first.

averaged 14000 based on Charley Spoonhauer;s personality

he was burned out physically by the time we got him and he never recruited when he was supposed to be traveling. Grawer

got some wins and started the ball rolling and certainly Sodaberger has the charisma and energy to put us back to our

glory days now that we are competing in "the church league"