I gotta post this:

SluSignGuy

Perhaps the most damaging part of the story:

Clemons directly connects money from assistant coach Tony Harvey to Tiger standouts Arthur Johnson and Rickey Paulding. In one conversation, Clemons tells Stewart:

“When I first got here, they did, they did everybody. I mean, they do A.J. and Rickey. If they need money, they’d go to Harvey. He, he’d get it for ’em.”

“They what?” Stewart asks.

“If they needed money, they’d go to Harvey,” Clemons responds. “He’d get it for ’em. But it was him first, and I stopped messing with him. I stopped talking to him and ###### and then went to Lane.”

This looks very bad for Mizzou. I'd like to see how Quin tries to wriggle his way out of this one. I'm SO glad we have a coaching staff that plays by the rules, even it means we're on an uneven playing field. I'll take where we are now over #3 in the country and soon to be on probation for 5 years, in a heartbeat. I would be devestated if this was happening to my team, but since it's happening to Mizzou, I think I'll delight in it (I'm just mean like that ;-) ).

StlCardinal,

You're not the only one who will take great joy in this if the result is probation. Don't forget who called you up and broke the news to you! :) I'm also very glad that Brad runs a clean program and we don't have to worry about this sort of thing. I know our day in the sun will come soon! Brad's too good of a coach for it not to.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

According to the story it wasn't checks, it was cash. However, the fact that Bunge deposited it in a bank should make it relatively easy to support or not support Clemons claim. This thing, if true, is a can of worms way beyond NCAA bans. Clemons lawyer advising him to lie, a cause for being disbarred, Nark? Odom and possibly Snyder lying under oath? Perjury, Nark? IRS problems for the players, i.e. unreported income? If Players accept money, aren't they penalized by the NCAA as well, as in Hasta la vista baby? Whoa, this is a nasty business. One interesting note, wouldn't you think Stewart's wife would have cut this conversation short? I realize I am a Mizzery basher, but seriously do not take delight in these allegations. I would rather us beat them fair and square on the court. However, if proven, they will deserve everything they get. I am stunned at how Q the mighty eskimo would have allowed this. There is no way he can lay this off on his assistants. As another famous Missourian said, "the buck stops here".

has not gotten out in front of this issue, ie canned coaches, Snyder etc......rather they have just let it leak out....It also seems very bad for Mixxou that Ricky says that everything Bunge said was true but she never saw the actaul transaction......

see you later post season......

It is ashame really Quin had all the making of a good long term coach but he wanted to take short cuts, rather than "earn it the old fashioned way"

This is the problem that comes when you team up with people/kids that have questionable histories. When the FBI asked this summer for the tapes of Clemmons phone conversations - you had to think something was up. What is confusing is that the NCAA must have not know about the tapes because it was all over the media this weekend that Floyd had met with the NCAA and was being led to believe that nothing of substance was being found. Interesting that these tapes have come out now.

The FBI was investigating allegations that potential witnesses were being threatened in connection with the Clemmons criminal matters. According the Post, Clemmons was not the target of their investigation. The FBI has determined that there is not enough evidence to pursue these allegations any further.

Led to believe by who-the well spoken Dr. Floyd? What a joke the tapes show him to be!!

The NCAA is just now getting copies of the tapes which should only make a bad situation much worse. Huumm, I wonder why SLU has lost a couple of high-profile local recruits to State U recently???

Where are the Mizzou posters ... they seem to get in on the other Mizzou posts pretty quickly.

Actually I think it will turn out that the whole tape was to help Ricky rehearse for Drama classes he was planning on attending after his release. This is all part of the script of a play Ricky was writing. They had discussed the rehearsal in private previous to the phone conversations

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

i'd like to point out that just because ricky claims there is a bank trail, that doesnt mean that evidence would be turned over to the ncaa. i would doubt the ncaa has supeona (sp? i am not an atty help me david!) authority. they can ask for his bank records, but why would ricky turn it over unless he was out to get missouri. and i can guarantee you the bank isnt going to give it out without proper documentation forcing the disclosure. there have been a few cases right her in the st louis area where banks got in hot water for turning over personal information in actual criminal cases without proper authorization first without. so why would anyone even think they would cooperate in this scenario.

i will believe justice will be served when i see it. but one has to believe it doesnt look good for missouri. the right thing to do right now is for floyd to resign, quin and staff is immediately fired and the program immediately puts themeselves on probation and post season ban. then sit back and pray that the death penalty isnt added by the ncaa. however the fact missouri has yet to even consider doing the right thing, i dont know why they would now.

Roy,

The word is subpoena from the Latin sub poena (under penalty}.

However, I like your word "supeona". It appears to be formed of the

words "super" and "peony" or "paeonia". Evidently it is a new and

improved peony hybrid.

Peonies are perennial plants of the Genus Paeonia of the Family

Paeoniaceae. They typically produce large, showy flowers around

Memorial Day, and are often used to decorate graves.

Graves, of course, are holes in the ground into which dead things

are put.

We'll see eventually whether or not the NCAA has "supeona" power.