GDT: SLU v. Duquesne

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A loss is a loss, our season is over. Ford is done as per Martin Kilcoyne, we will soon see if this is correct or not. The time of truth as to how many players stay or go is coming for the players. I assume the staff will go.

It is done.

No hint from post game interview, except Ford telling Rammer and Earl they're great.  Ford Said the relationships are more important than the wins. I've heard this before but usually from coaches that win so it's easier to take 

Just now, David King said:

Again, factor in Parker’s 30+, and the Bills easily win this game. Just a bad luck season all around!

Don’t forget Dalger, that unfortunate family situation in Macedonia must have been serious.

Just got the ESPN alert he's Fired as he starts this post game. Maybe someone will ask

Just now, Lando Griffin said:

Just got an ESPN alert that he’s been fired

Likewise. Right before TF sat down for the A10 presser he looked at his phone.... as I got the notification. Wondering if he was getting the same thing?  Oofah

Someone asked if he would confirm the reports if he would be back. He deflected and says he loved his time there, family loves it.  Obviously the critics are the loudest.  Goes into the bit about all the texts he's getting.

That bit is so old to me. Who the hell cares.  The critics you're talking about are the Billiken fans. You can't coach. 

He goes on there have been a lot of media that reached out and he'll have a lot more to say over the next few days. (whatever that means)

He keeps blabbing.  Relationships, texts blah blah

won a lot of games (none that really matter) 27 years, that's a good career (very long time to only win 1 ncaa tournament game)

Injuries, no Parker

Naming the good players he's coached (all that talent he's squandered)

Do you want to be involved in coaching next year? I had a good 27 years that's a lot. I've got some things scheduled in the next coming days that I've got some to say about. Critics are the loudest but the texts and emails. Texts, texts some from people I don't know, mean more than anything. Got a hug from a guy last night. Still in a relationship with a man that hugs him. Thinks about the relationship with this man that he's been with in his life and it's impact on him. 

The above is my summary of the Ford A10 press conference. TLDR: he gets text messages, hugs from men, and coached 27 years

2 minutes ago, BILLS324 said:

He basically has said he is done. Sounds like he is done coaching.

Kinda sounded like he has some media friends that want him to do something with them.  I think that's what he was hinting at.

That was brutal.

Did you know he gets text messages?