Chris May podcast

New podcast just dropped.   It makes sense as we are in the height of the conference basketball season that his guest is Katie Shields.  I always enjoy listening to Coach Shields but seems like he isnt addressing the massive elephant in the room.   

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

The Please Don't Fire Me Podcast? 

Or the “what does he actually do?” podcast.  It’s pretty funny how people become more visible when it becomes self-preservation time.  All the podcasts in the world won’t cover up a bad multi-million dollar buyout.

Several people on here have commented that May has been mia. Attributing it to him hiding during bad times. Now he’s become more visible in order to save his job. Gotta love the board. 

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

That's not what's happening.

I guess the obvious thing is to ask, “What’s happening?”

14 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I guess the obvious thing is to ask, “What’s happening?”

Just people pointing out that it's odd timing that he doesn't do anything for months and then when the media starts paying attention to the situation with SLU Basketball he puts out two podcasts in two weeks showcasing the two of the coaches who did the best this year. And it's humorous, because it's completely predictable.

7 hours ago, DOC said:

Several people on here have commented that May has been mia. Attributing it to him hiding during bad times. Now he’s become more visible in order to save his job. Gotta love the board. 

If only you'd hide out more.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

What is the name of this podcast that I will never listen to?

From The Stands

11 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Hell Yeah good idea.

Ya Heeke is your guy. What about him do you like? The gross mishandling of a coach’s contract? The loss of major donors? The financial disaster he left the athletic department in? Can’t wait to hear who you want the coach to be. 

25 minutes ago, DOC said:

Ya Heeke is your guy. What about him do you like? The gross mishandling of a coach’s contract? The loss of major donors? The financial disaster he left the athletic department in? Can’t wait to hear who you want the coach to be. 

Real question: What would you do if you could call the shots for SLU?

37 minutes ago, DOC said:

You do realize that he was let go then information came out about why? Also I'll try to explain message boards to you again. It's a place to speculate, discuss things. This seems to elude you.

I simply posted information about an AD that was available that made good basketball and football hires while navigating the school out of a dying conference. Later negative information was reported.  Doesn't mean he's "my guy" just discussing things like how message boards are supposed to be used. 

Tell us about how well your guy, Ford is doing?  You were right about him huh?  What about May? Your other guy, you're right about him huh?

So keep the faith. Light some candles for Ford. 

LindellWest likes this

1 hour ago, LindellWest said:

It’s tiresome wanting more for SLU than it appears to want for itself. Both May and Ford are dead weight, but hey Don’t judge results, just happily let them cash checks for ever. Got it. Accepting failure is worse than failing. 

I wish I could like this.

14 hours ago, Pistol said:

Real question: What would you do if you could call the shots for SLU?

I wouldn’t hire Heeke. That’s insane. 
I said what I would do. I would fire May  right now and state the reasons. I think making public the ridiculous salary in relation to the success and the buyout, coupled with how things have gone this year, it might be enough for Ford to throw in the towel. That’s if someone is willing to pay the buyout. Just because I think the grassroots movement and the people sitting on here 4 hours, posting 30 times a day to fire Ford are not to be taken seriously doesn’t mean I support keeping Ford! I don’t support Ford. A-bomb just keeps saying it because he’s not happy with me chiding his grassroots movement and his nauseating redundant posting. Btw… he’s also said I’m related to the Ford’s, claimed I’m some guy on twitter, says I’m on Crack, live in a trailer down by the river and the worst of all, he said I live in Kentucky . Blasphemy. 

29 minutes ago, DOC said:

I said what I would do. I would fire May  right now and state the reasons. I think making public the ridiculous salary in relation to the success and the buyout, coupled with how things have gone this year, it might be enough for Ford to throw in the towel. That’s if someone is willing to pay the buyout. Just because I think the grassroots movement and the people sitting on here 4 hours, posting 30 times a day to fire Ford are not to be taken seriously doesn’t mean I support keeping Ford! I don’t support Ford. A-bomb just keeps saying it because he’s not happy with me chiding his grassroots movement and his nauseating redundant posting. Btw… he’s also said I’m related to the Ford’s, claimed I’m some guy on twitter, says I’m on Crack, live in a trailer down by the river and the worst of all, he said I live in Kentucky . Blasphemy. 

You could "salvage" some copper wiring later tonight to contribute to the buyout.

2 hours ago, DOC said:

Got it, just curious. I figured you wanted to retain Ford and May given how annoyed you seem at the "Fire Ford" posts. I feel like given how much of a disaster the season has been, an avalanche of that is going to be happening everywhere SLU fans are talking.

I don't even know what "hire Heeke" is in reference to, but you say it in every post now so it seems like you're doing the exact thing you're upset about.

When all else fails, the Ignore function works really well.

VeniceMenace and TheA_Bomb like this