O.T. Caitlin Clark

Felt like this was sort of a Bird Magic moment for Womens basketball last night.  I never watch womens basketball, except SLU, but I will watch Clark.  My niece watched the game last night and we have been working on moves all this morning.  Don't try to compare any men's player to her, no one has dominated at this level like her as a guard in the mens game since Maravich and Oscar.

Zink, willie and Gremio14 like this

and she has energizer bunny like endurance as well.   the amount of time the ball was in her hands with south carolina's reputed greatest defensive pressure on her non stop was nothing short of incredible.   this young woman is an example to all.   she is now my current favorite player in all of america.   rooting for her and her teamates bigly tomorrow afternoon. 

CenHudDude and Gremio14 like this

1 minute ago, Dr Bird said:

She's been amazing since Day 1 at Iowa. 

Led the nation in scoring as a freshman in 20-21 (26.6 ppg), and was 3rd in assists.

I thought Iowa didn't have enough supporting cast to win a natty, but they are proving me wrong.

the center is a very good player and she is a perfect compliment to clark.   had to like she never missed a free throw and she was pretty much taking on the two mammoth inside ladies that south carolina had playing together by herself.    the martin girl is a very nice player.  she'd be a star on a lot of top teams.   the iowa team is good, we just dont notice the rest because clark is from another world talentwise. 

Dr Bird likes this

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the center is a very good player and she is a perfect compliment to clark.   had to like she never missed a free throw and she was pretty much taking on the two mammoth inside ladies that south carolina had playing together by herself.    the martin girl is a very nice player.  she'd be a star on a lot of top teams.   the iowa team is good, we just dont notice the rest because clark is from another world talentwise. 

Yes Martin is the ultimate glue player for them, and Marshall is a pest on defense.  Marshall only took 1 shot last night but has had big games.  Warnock too.  Stuelke has given them athleticism at the center spot off the the bench.  I thought Iowa had a great chance to make the Final 4, but also thought it would end last night. 

Clark picked up Foul #2 with 8+ minutes to go in Q2, but Bluder trusted Clark to adjust and not get in foul trouble.

Iowa may be the most cohesive team I've seen in college basketball.  It was a crazy good game.

billiken_roy likes this