2023 Offseason - Coaching Discussion Thread

ACE

29 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I’m glad you received your talking points… please post your basketball resume, maybe we can hire you with your vast knowledge and expertise… 

You are an embarrassment. billikenblue makes a long, thought-out post with arguments and you post this. Just go away.

Schasz likes this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the constant beating of the dead horse is the real embarrassment. billikenblue did nothing more than rehash what has been said over and over again. fire ford, ford cant coach etc. it is getting old, seeing it. i think bbf is the kind of guy that enjoys living in your head and getting you riled up. ignore him, i have a lot the horse beaters on ignore

56 minutes ago, Soderball said:

You are an embarrassment. billikenblue makes a long, thought-out post with arguments and you post this. Just go away.

Oh, I agree it was long, and I was particularly impressed that he was able to incorporate the word omnipresent in his description of Ford…and for that I will give him an A+, unfortunately for originality and content  it brings his mark down to a solid F… ok, a D-…..

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

The problem with this is why would Mack, Kelsey, and Devries take the SLU job when they will be getting offers from power conference schools.  We all think that these guys are available to SLU, but they are really not.  if those guys are going to leave their current school, it will be to make a big leap, not a small one, from where they currently are.  The up and coming type guys that are available to SLU are guys most of this board would look at and say "Why did we hire this guy?"  Could turn out just fine, but we probably wouldn't be happy at first.

This is a fair point, and I don’t know the answer. I also thought it was ridiculous to think that we could hire Majerus back in 2007, and that happened. 

TheBand likes this

2 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

This is a fair point, and I don’t know the answer. I also thought it was ridiculous to think that we could hire Majerus back in 2007, and that happened. 

rare and unique situation to get rickma, planets might align again but a rare occurence

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I’m glad you received your talking points… please post your basketball resume, maybe we can hire you with your vast knowledge and expertise… 

Someone offers a well thought out post with multiple examples to back up their viewpoint, and this is what you feel is the appropriate response?   You love telling everyone else how much they’re embarrassing themselves with their posts, but you can’t look in a mirror and recognize the biggest embarrassment currently on this message board.  

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Someone offers a well thought out post with multiple examples to back up their viewpoint, and this is what you feel is the appropriate response?   You love telling everyone else how much they’re embarrassing themselves with their posts, but you can’t look in a mirror and recognize the biggest embarrassment currently on this message board.  

OBBF

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I’m not the least embarrassed about not bashing our coach 24/7, but obviously you take pride in doing so… ironic that the one taking the most criticism is the one who is actually supporting the coach and the program… 

AGB91 and HenryB like this

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I’m not the least embarrassed about not bashing our coach 24/7, but obviously you take pride in doing so… ironic that the one taking the most criticism is the one who is actually supporting the coach and the program… 

Trust me when I say no one is criticizing you because of your views on Ford. 

48 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

-a question on your user name, is reflecting that you are an intense supporter of The Billikens? does it have a double meaning that you are an intense supporter of the Billikens and you donate a large amount to the ADept? is your name Bill and you are a large individual? something else? just curious how you chose that moniker

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Trust me when I say no one is criticizing you because of your views on Ford. 

Ignore works fine for me on Little Bill Fan and several of his ilk! Don't need to read their junk anymore...so Nice!!! 

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-a question on your user name, is reflecting that you are an intense supporter of The Billikens? does it have a double meaning that you are an intense supporter of the Billikens and you donate a large amount to the ADept? is your name Bill and you are a large individual? something else? just curious how you chose that moniker

my dad always said the guy to be concerned about is the one they call "Tiny"

BIG BILL FAN likes this

11 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Oh, I agree it was long, and I was particularly impressed that he was able to incorporate the word omnipresent in his description of Ford…and for that I will give him an A+, unfortunately for originality and content  it brings his mark down to a solid F… ok, a D-…..

And your posts ooze with insight and intrigue.  Bottom 3 poster on this board and a troll

9 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Oh, I bet coach Ford would put me a little higher… but get back to your work on hating on the coach, don’t let me interfere with that.. 

You seem to post often. Have you posted specific bullet point reasons, why you believe in year 8 of the current SLU Men’s Basketball Head Coach? (I haven’t posted an opinion about it here.) I’m just curious. You can either post those specifics here, or you can provide a link to it. That’d be great. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, courtside said:

You seem to post often. Have you posted specific bullet point reasons, why you believe in year 8 of the current SLU Men’s Basketball Head Coach? (I haven’t posted an opinion about it here.) I’m just curious. You can either post those specifics here, or you can provide a link to it. That’d be great. Thanks. 

it has been posted often, by many

6 minutes ago, courtside said:

Or you could look them up, I’ve posted many reasons for keeping him. Here’s a list of what I haven’t done as well. I haven’t posted false stories saying the coach is being fired, in fact I posted within 30 minutes of your claim that it was bs. I also haven’t deliberately lied about his record.

HenryB and thetorch like this

6 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Or you could look them up, I’ve posted many reasons for keeping him. Here’s a list of what I haven’t done as well. I haven’t posted false stories saying the coach is being fired, in fact I posted within 30 minutes of your claim that it was bs. I also haven’t deliberately lied about his record.

I don’t read many threads. Would you either list them or provide a link to them? Thanks.