Ticketmaster and Season Tickets

drkelsey55

33 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Short answer for me: I've tried all four you mentioned now. Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

None of them will put my tickets in Wallet. I have an iPhone SE, the original one. It's only a few years old though as I bought it when they were apparently clearing the warehouse to bring out the new one. And I checked, it's up to date on its updates, as are the browsers.

As I said up-thread, last season after using a screenshot of the tix for a few games, I discovered that Chrome would work whereas Firefox would not. That is not the case for me this year. And now, one cannot use a screenshot. Thank you TicketBastard.

Sorry it did not work. Computers are computers (smart phones are computers) and they largely do or not do what they wish. The iPhone has an enormously complex system settings scheme, the problem may be there. You might want to try going to the Apple store and getting a consult with their "genius team", more often than not they manage to get it to do what you want it to do. It is worth a try and it is free (or has been free whenever I have taken a phone there).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump. 

When I download tickets on Android, they go to Google Wallet (not Google pay), and it seems you hace to use nfc for the ticket instead of a bar code. 

This is a pretty annoying system.. 

I got a pair of tickets in the Apple Wallet, one by one, no batches, nosing Apple  bar codes. This was my first time using Apple Wallet, it was not intuitive and I just could not getting to work without specific instructions. I do not really know how I got to this page, but slubillikens.com has a page, I assume is support. You need to open "Access your Tickets" and then follow the instructions exactly as they give them. Things would be a LOT easier if they had a search input in their website.

I've tried going that route (to see if THAT would help me get my tix into Wallet) but I don't see my SLU account there and it says I haven't purchased any tickets for any events. And if I do a SLU search, I get what's left for sale for any particular game.

So unless there's something I'm not doing right, I believe your understanding is correct. It can't be done.

As to why? Who knows.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:32 AM, davidnark said:

Am I correct in understanding that there is no way to access season tickets through the Ticketmaster app and we must instead use the mobile browser? Does anyone know why?

I posted this in the other thread about Season Tickets/Apple Wallet/Ticketmaster directly below this thread. https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30842-apple-wallet/&do=findComment&comment=727999

SLU should be making buying season or individual game tickets as easy as possible.  They need to remember that many fans are of the non-tech generation and are needed to fill Chafitz even if the young bucks don't realize that.  I had to just go down to the ticket office to buy my tickets since my Smart Phone isn't very smart!

CBFan and Major Majerus like this

When you accept your tickets electronically (via computer browser) you get the tickets from SLU via a specific URL (the URL has a code number at the end). You have to open the mobile browser using that specific URL with  the code number, to get to where the tickets are. Once you show the tickets in the mobile browser keep them there. Then you find the "Access your tickets" area somehow inside the slubillikens.com site (you use the computer for this) and follow the instructions showing in your computer screen with the tickets showing in your mobile browser to get them (one by one) into your wallet. It works when you have the instructions displayed in your computer screen, and you can apply them to your mobile browser. The instructions are not intuitive. This is not a simple procedure to follow but it works.

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

When you accept your tickets electronically (via computer browser) you get the tickets via a specific URL. You have to open the mobile browser using that specific URL, to get to where the tickets are. Then you find the "Access your tickets" area somehow inside the slubillikens.com site (you can use the computer for this) and follow the instructions with the tickets showing in your mobile browser to get them (one by one) into your wallet. This is not a simple procedure to follow but it works. I am willing to bet that this is not a SLU developed system, but something bought from a vendor and spruced up to use by SLU.

To be clear, I do all that. I then "push" the button that says to add my ticket to Wallet. And nothing happens. It worked for me last year using Chrome. This year trying five browsers, nothing happens.

And I didn't care that I had to add them one by one. Last season, I'd add that game's ticket before I left for the Fetz. Or if I forgot, I'd do it after parking the car. As long as I had my phone, I had my ticket. This season, I have to remember to bring the paper ticket, something I'd been doing for over 30 years anyway.

Sorry White Pelican, this is the way it worked for me. Just make sure that your mobile browser is showing the tickets, they you open each ticket in your mobile browser press the add to wallet or whatever the mobile computer shows below the bar code, and then press the add code. Do this one by one. It worked for me and I had never ever used the Apple Wallet before.

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-I wonder how difficult it would have been for the ADept to send the ticket and give an option to print or download? Let's also remember the Ticket Director hasn't been on the job that long

And if this is the best the new Ticket Director can do, then if that person is responsible for this situation, then he/she needs to be on double secret probabtion, if now looking for other employment

39 minutes ago, bauman said:

And if this is the best the new Ticket Director can do, then if that person is responsible for this situation, then he/she needs to be on double secret probabtion, if now looking for other employment

To be fair, there may not be an option in dealing with Ticketmaster if you run an arena you are trying to get other acts (musical, etc.) to perform at (this is off topic, but do a google search on Ticketmaster Monopoly for any number of articles on this). I just wish we could get things working better.

There may be a new security feature that stops that, when I looked at them I think they are doing something with the Bar codes on the tickets, it looked weird. I’d say if you try to use a screenshot to get in, allow extra time to deal with it at the ticket office.

Ok, did some research and Ticketmaster says the following:

SafeTix™ are powered by a new and unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so it cannot be stolen or copied, keeping your tickets safe and secure.

Sounds like this is to stop screenshots from getting you into a game. Maybe this relates to the issues people are having? (Maybe it doesn’t allow you to store in a wallet if the phone isn’t on the latest operating system? Just guessing here

I assume that the moving blue line or lines on the bar code is what prevents a screen shot from being taken, or at least an accurate screen shot that will scan. This is probably all on Ticketbastard for greater security.

Well, I was beaten to the punch by the Lord up above. In my case, the phone is up to date and so are my browsers. It's a 1st gen SE so maybe it's just too old.

4 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-I wonder how difficult it would have been for the ADept to send the ticket and give an option to print or download? Let's also remember the Ticket Director hasn't been on the job that long

-by "option to print" my meaning was for the ticket holder to print at home, I should have made this more clear