Different basketballs?

ACE

Every legitimate program has racks of every type of ball they'll use during the season. They practice with those ahead of games on the road. Like Pistol said, it is one of those weird things about playing on the road. It is a bad rule and the NCAA should change it, but...money, ya know? 

A lot of programs use the ball made by their uniform deal company - Nike, UA, Adidas. But a few blue blood types use Wilson because they want to be ready for NCAA tournament time. There are a few schools that use "The Rock" which is a weird one. 

Wisconsin used Sterling basketballs until a couple years ago under Bo Ryan and were the only team to use that brand in the country. It was so different than the Nike, Wilson, Spaulding, Adidas balls, that it probably contributed to their great home record

I would think the home team provides the ball and goes with whatever they choose.  Don't we have Nike uniforms?  Ero using Nike balls.  I think La Salle is an UnderArmour team.  I'll check their insignia tonight.  Seems they use UA given their proximity to Baltimore.  Don't know if UA makes bballs or not.  I would think shooting in Gola is also a similar disadvantage to the visitors.

NH likes this

13 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I would think the home team provides the ball and goes with whatever they choose.  Don't we have Nike uniforms?  Ero using Nike balls.  I think La Salle is an UnderArmour team.  I'll check their insignia tonight.  Seems they use UA given their proximity to Baltimore.  Don't know if UA makes bballs or not.  I would think shooting in Gola is also a similar disadvantage to the visitors.

I think your reasoning is spot on, but La Salle recently switched from Under Armour to Adidas, and they also switched balls when they did so. I can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure they used to use UA balls when that's who sponsored them.

49 minutes ago, NH said:

I think your reasoning is spot on, but La Salle recently switched from Under Armour to Adidas, and they also switched balls when they did so. I can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure they used to use UA balls when that's who sponsored them.

2018-19: UA uniform & ball

2019-20: UA uniform & ball

2020-21: UA uniform & Wilson ball

2021-22: Adidas uniform & Wilson ball

Team_Photo.jpg.00336bf9241e89d74de9dd3da35cecf0.jpg

IMG_0002.thumb.jpg.81cf69a4ff9403df98fff15a749b5469.jpg

10_29_20LaSMBBTeam_07.thumb.jpg.6df3a5b62fb2f23172d20598376b1389.jpg

mbbteam.thumb.jpg.7c3e66eee5da7daea79d89d5f5c0fc6e.jpg

SluSignGuy likes this