Recruiting - 2025

Pistol

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

2nd cousin!!! To Donny Ross!!!!

I'm sold!!!

My sources say he is actually, 3rd cousin once removed.

Luke is probably the best shooter out of STL in a decade. Range to halfcourt, can shoot off the catch or the dribble. A little undersized at 6'2 SLU so far has competition from the likes of Colorado St and Belmont.

Your sources, unsurprisingly, would be wrong. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

He looks really good in the AAU and team camp video I have seen from the spring/summer.

His mom was a volleyball player so perhaps he can squeeze out a little more height too. His dad of course is the long time high school coach at Vianney, and, a former D-3 hooper of average height. 

…………..

Looks like Dillon Duff will be a Power 5 Football QB. He has offers from Minnesota and Indiana, and, he has lots of interest from several others. He’s the best athlete of the Duff brothers. 6’3. 

New offer:

Sam Hughes - SG, 6-6, 180 - Needham, MA (Dexter Southfield) - AAU: Expressions Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @SamHughes_1
Offers: Saint Louis.

Interest: Richmond, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Florida International, Colgate, Fairfield, Quinnipiac, Florida Gulf Coast, Stonehill.

Latest News: Hughes received an offer from SLU. (6/19/23)

Scouting Report: Hughes is a sharpshooting wing with good size. He's a solid defender who frequently draws the toughest assignment. He shows fluid athleticism and can get to the rim. He's a smart, sound player. He transferred from Needham HS to Dexter Southfield and reclassified to the class of 2025.

Update on Walsh's bio since he got the offer:

Luke Walsh - SG, 6-2, 170 - St. Louis, MO (Vianney) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @LukeWalsh1414
Offers: Saint Louis, George Mason, Missouri State, Southeast Missouri, Lindenwood, Texas-Arlington, Louisiana-Monroe.

Interest: Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Richmond, Xavier, Butler, LSU, Missouri, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Iowa State, West Virginia, Utah, Arizona, State, Belmont, Illinois-Chicago, Illinois State, Indiana State, Evansville, Columbia, Rice, Buffalo, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Austin Peay, Southern Indiana, Furman, East Tennessee State, Chattanooga, William & Mary, Arkansas State, Kansas City, St. Thomas, Omaha, Albany, UC-Riverside, Weber State, Idaho, Utah Valley, Stetson, Central Arkansas, Jacksonville State, Lipscomb, Liberty, Lamar, Abilene Christian, Grambling State, Coppin State.

Latest News: Walsh received an offer from Missouri State. (6/19/23)

Scouting Report: Walsh is a competitive guard and outstanding shooter. He has a quick release, deep range, and a lot of confidence in his shot. He moves well off the ball, too, and gets points at the basket off backdoor cuts and crafty finishing moves. He can create off the dribble, as well. His dad Kevin is the head coach at Vianney.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Update on Walsh's bio since he got the offer:

Luke Walsh - SG, 6-2, 170 - St. Louis, MO (Vianney) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @LukeWalsh1414
Offers: Saint Louis, George Mason, Missouri State, Southeast Missouri, Lindenwood, Texas-Arlington, Louisiana-Monroe.

Interest: Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Richmond, Xavier, Butler, LSU, Missouri, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Iowa State, West Virginia, Utah, Arizona, State, Belmont, Illinois-Chicago, Illinois State, Indiana State, Evansville, Columbia, Rice, Buffalo, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Austin Peay, Southern Indiana, Furman, East Tennessee State, Chattanooga, William & Mary, Arkansas State, Kansas City, St. Thomas, Omaha, Albany, UC-Riverside, Weber State, Idaho, Utah Valley, Stetson, Central Arkansas, Jacksonville State, Lipscomb, Liberty, Lamar, Abilene Christian, Grambling State, Coppin State.

Latest News: Walsh received an offer from Missouri State. (6/19/23)

Scouting Report: Walsh is a competitive guard and outstanding shooter. He has a quick release, deep range, and a lot of confidence in his shot. He moves well off the ball, too, and gets points at the basket off backdoor cuts and crafty finishing moves. He can create off the dribble, as well. His dad Kevin is the head coach at Vianney.

Walsh is a pure shooter.  He will have high percentages in all categories.

When my daughter was in 7th grade, Luke was in 6th grade and they both participated in this free throw shooting competition that the Knights of Columbus run throughout the State of Missouri.  I think it is for kids in 5th through 8th grades.  They start at their school, then go to a district competition, then a regional competition, and then to the State finals in Columbia.  Both Luke and my daughter made it to State that year.  They ask for volunteers to shag the balls for kids as they take their shots.  I was randomly assigned to help the 6th grade boys, so myself and another dad ended up collecting the basketballs when Luke was shooting.  They get three warm up tosses and then take 25 shots.  When it was his turn, he made all three warm-ups and then made 24 out of 25 of his official shots.  So, basically, he made 27 out of 28 shots as a 6th grader with the pressure of competition and a championship on the line.

Pistol and willie like this

On 6/19/2023 at 3:33 PM, cgeldmacher said:

Walsh is a pure shooter.  He will have high percentages in all categories.

When my daughter was in 7th grade, Luke was in 6th grade and they both participated in this free throw shooting competition that the Knights of Columbus run throughout the State of Missouri.  I think it is for kids in 5th through 8th grades.  They start at their school, then go to a district competition, then a regional competition, and then to the State finals in Columbia.  Both Luke and my daughter made it to State that year.  They ask for volunteers to shag the balls for kids as they take their shots.  I was randomly assigned to help the 6th grade boys, so myself and another dad ended up collecting the basketballs when Luke was shooting.  They get three warm up tosses and then take 25 shots.  When it was his turn, he made all three warm-ups and then made 24 out of 25 of his official shots.  So, basically, he made 27 out of 28 shots as a 6th grader with the pressure of competition and a championship on the line.

I won this in 90 in 5th grade. My career was all downhill from there.

Kai Shinholster - SG, 6-5, 165 - Philadelphia, PA (William Penn Charter) - AAU: K-Low Elite (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @KaiShinholster
Offers: Saint Louis, St. Joseph's, Mississippi State, Temple, Texas-El Paso, Robert Morris, Hofstra, Drexel, Florida Gulf Coast, Radford.

Interest: Marquette, Michigan, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Harvard, Penn, Murray State, Miami-Ohio, American, Lafayette, William & Mary, Mount St. Mary's, UMBC, Liberty.

Latest News: Shinholster received an offer from SLU. (6/22/23)

Scouting Report: Shinholster is a smart, long guard who scores at a very high level. He has a textbook jumper and creates for his teammates. He rebounds his position well. He has a smooth, patient, mature game.

Cameron Wallace - SG, 6-5, 165 - Malvern, PA (Westtown School) - AAU: Philly Pride (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @cam00wallace
Offers: Saint Louis, Cincinnati, Temple, Drexel.

Interest: Richmond, Penn, Buffalo, Louisiana-Monroe, Vermont.

Latest News: Wallace received an offer from SLU. (6/22/23)

Scouting Report: Wallace is a long, lean scoring guard who can score from all three levels. He's got good body control and is creative getting to the rim. He's smooth and patient, and can create for his teammates. He transferred from Great Valley to Westtown before his sophomore year.

Not sure if this is the right year,  is Yuri's brother a rising junior???

Has he chosen a  high school, St. Mary's closed, is that right?

8 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Not sure if this is the right year,  is Yuri's brother a rising junior???

Has he chosen a  high school, St. Mary's closed, is that right?

Don't know if he is still there but they are keeping the school open with private funds. 

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Ben Winker at CCP is going to be a top 100 kid (maybe higher) by the time he is heading into his senior year of high school.  We need to offer the kid now.

Yeah, was just advocating for an offer on MMP's Twitter account the other night. He's made dramatic improvements since last year. I think he's got a good amount of development left in the tank, too. I don't want to see him be like a Turnbull or Northweather that we just wait too long on.

I think we should offer Johnny Jordan, too (2026 guard at CCP).

brianstl likes this

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

hmmm

Ford wants to recruit TX.  I don't really blame him.  There is too much talent in the state to ignore it and his program has invested too many resources in the the state over the last few years just to abandoned it at this point.  

Just now, brianstl said:

Ford wants to recruit TX.  I don't really blame him.  There is too much talent in the state to ignore it and his program has invested too many resources in the the state over the last few years just to abandoned it at this point.  

Sure, yes. But it seems for whatever we just don't recruit well there under Ford.  In general, what Jolly and Cory are the only two in the last 15osh years from a stats that size?  Maybe its just geography more than coaching staff. 

Updated for the offer:

Kash Polk - SF, 6-9, 195 - Argyle, TX (Argyle) - AAU: Houston Hoops (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @PolkKash
Offers: Saint Louis, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Rice, Cal Poly.

Interest: Loyola-Chicago, Duquesne, Xavier, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, Florida State, Virginia Tech, TCU, Arizona State, Utah, Boise State, SMU, Evansville, Yale, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, Iona, Texas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Grand Canyon, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Texas A&M-Commerce, Liberty, New Orleans, Northwestern State.

Latest News: Polk received offers from SLU and Cal Poly. (6/27/23)

Scouting Report: Polk is a long, skilled, versatile wing with excellent reaction time, shooting touch, and handles. He scores inside and out, has good footwork, and can put it on the floor and blow by defenders. He can hit the glass hard, too. He has some flair to his game and a competitive edge. His sister plays volleyball at TCU.

New offer:

Azavier Robinson - PG, 6-1, 180 - Indianapolis, IN (Lawrence North) - AAU: George Hill All Indy - Twitter: @Azavierthegoat
Offers: Saint Louis, St. John's, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, TCU, Central Florida, Temple, East Carolina, Indiana State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, IUPUI, Texas-Arlington.

Interest: Xavier, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Georgia, Wichita State, Illinois State, Dartmouth, Georgia State.

Latest News: Robinson received an offer from SLU. (6/29/23)

Scouting Report: Robinson is a quick, shifty PG with tight handles, high-level playmaking ability, and an attacking mindset. He gets to the rim and can finish with either hand. He's a lockdown defender with excellent footwork. He rebounds his position well.

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

New offer:

Azavier Robinson - PG, 6-1, 180 - Indianapolis, IN (Lawrence North) - AAU: George Hill All Indy - Twitter: @Azavierthegoat
Offers: Saint Louis, St. John's, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, TCU, Central Florida, Temple, East Carolina, Indiana State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, IUPUI, Texas-Arlington.

Interest: Xavier, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Georgia, Wichita State, Illinois State, Dartmouth, Georgia State.

Latest News: Robinson received an offer from SLU. (6/29/23)

Scouting Report: Robinson is a quick, shifty PG with tight handles, high-level playmaking ability, and an attacking mindset. He gets to the rim and can finish with either hand. He's a lockdown defender with excellent footwork. He rebounds his position well.

-how's his shot?