Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I just think an 18 point loss being the last time the committee saw us play is going to be hard to overcome without another game no matter what the other teams do.

Eye Test issue ...  

My objection is the Billikens earlier controlled Bona and beat them 70-59, albeit on the home court.  But that game can't just be thrown away into the Mississippi River, or the River des Peres, can it?  I mean it happened, it wasn't a mirage.

This is where we have to hope the Committee keeps its word to not punish SLU for the earlier Covid-Quarantine and the new you didn't play enough games standard, which was seemingly pulled out of Left Field, following the Blue Sky Doctrine.

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Just so the Beavs don't win the Pac-12 Tourney.

We still have Oregon, USC and Colorado in the Pac-12 who are all probably in. UCLA is probably in as well even with the loss.

I'm more worried about a bid thief in the AAC. Other than Houston, who deserves a bid? But Memphis, Wichita and SMU are all kind of still in it...

22 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The game announcer said Jerry Palm just moved Boise St to his last team in.  Based on what?  They've just lost four straight.

He said that and then later said, “Well Syracuse’s loss isn’t that bad— it was close, where as a team like Saint Louis got blown out of their conference tournament. You want to look like you’re on a roll for the committee.”

... and he has Boise State still in

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

He said that and then later said, “Well Syracuse’s loss isn’t that bad— it was close, where as a team like Saint Louis got blown out of their conference tournament. You want to look like you’re on a roll for the committee.”

LOL these guys are a reeeeeal hoot, aren't they? 

7 minutes ago, Deutschkind said:

We still have Oregon, USC and Colorado in the Pac-12 who are all probably in. UCLA is probably in as well even with the loss.

I'm more worried about a bid thief in the AAC. Other than Houston, who deserves a bid? But Memphis, Wichita and SMU are all kind of still in it...

The bracketologists routinely have Wichita State IN as the regular season AAC Champ.  That would give the AAC 2, with Houston.

What we can't have there is Memphis or SMU winning the AAC. 

12 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Hey Jerry Palm, what's better:

a) Losing 3 times to the same team, with a NET of 98, or

b) Splitting 2 games with the regular season conference champ with a NET of 27?

I'll take your answer off the air.