Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billikens vs. Bruins in the NCAA First Round (PIG), a renewal of Buddy Brehmer vs. John Wooden from ‘67-‘68, Rich Niemann vs. Lew Alcindor. Just a different result than UCLA 108 SLU 67, please.

After all Mick Cronin has to rank among the greatest fish way, way out of water in Westwood, right up there with Gene Bartow. It’s hard to picture Mick cruising down Rodeo Drive, the Sunset Strip and the PCH.

After overnight NET adjustments SLU’s NET is 45, which would yield the 32nd of the 37 NCAA at large bids. 

Today’s big game is in the SEC. We need 30 LSU to beat 52 Ole Miss.

I think tonight’s late game in the Mountain West, 41 Utah State vs. 48 Colorado State is a de facto NCAA Bid game. 

There is still hope. 

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

im telling you guys... these brackets dont consider the COVID PASS we will receive. it will tip the scale. we dancing 

It's the only hope we have.  Excellent point by majerus mojo last night about no teams actually scheduling additional games.  Nobody seems willing to take the risk.

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's the only hope we have.  Excellent point by majerus mojo last night about no teams actually scheduling additional games.  Nobody seems willing to take the risk.

Feels like a bunch of football coaches punting on the other teams 45 yard line on a 4th and 1 type situation to me.

Another analogy I can think of is that SLU is playing a game of high card wins and draws a 6. They are then told that they could throw back the 6 and draw from 2 other cards, one being a 2 and the other being a king. Instead of taking the "risk" they are too afraid to act and want to hold on to the 6, hoping the other guy has a 5 or lower.

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

Feels like a bunch of football coaches punting on the other teams 45 yard line on a 4th and 1 type situation to me.

Another analogy I can think of is that SLU is playing a game of high card wins and draws a 6. They are then told that they could throw back the 6 and draw from 2 other cards, one being a 2 and the other being a king. Instead of taking the "risk" they are too afraid to act and want to hold on to the 6, hoping the other guy has a 5 or lower.

The only way any of these makeshift elimination games would be mutually attractive is on a neutral court.  Otherwise, one of the bubble teams has to go the home court of another team where the home team wins 80-85% of the time.  

I don't think I will ever root for other teams more than today. San Diego State needs to end the nevada cinderalla run, Colorado State needs to put Utah State to bed, and of course LSU has to knock out Ole Miss.  Georgetown needs to handle Seton Hall as well, and then of course lose tomorrow to Creighton or UCONN.

If all that happens, I don't think there are any bid stealers left barring a surprise in the Big 10 or AAC, or I guess Oregon State.

This may be another reason they chose not to play the extra game. Lowered the risk of someone testing positive and missing out on the post-season completely.

You have to have 7 straight days of negative tests to play in the NCAAT. It will all depend on how widespread this will be in the Virginia program. If they can keep 6 or 7 players from getting it, I would assume they'll still participate