Is St. Bonaventure a bigger rival than VCU?

BLIKNS

3 hours ago, brownindians said:

To all of my Billiken friends, I have come to join your campfire and I have brought my Peace Pipe for us to enjoy!

As all of you Historians know we are the " Keepers of the Western Gate " . And will continue that honor - PC Police back-off. 

As for rivals - let me put it this way - you guys don't think your poop stinks and nothing feels better than making you come to Otterville, only to go back home crying to your Mommies. OR when our Braves return victorius  and your fans have lef the game at half-time. "Shades of Tyler Ralph"

Your team comes to town and they are treated with respect until they take the court. Over the years your team has carried a few players that have made very racist comments to the fans at the game. SOO fowl that I will not repeat them here. He really should have done a couple of laps around the Rosary Beads for what he said!

To COMPTON - people in glass houses should not throw stones. The SLU campus is located in such a lovely area of St Louis. This is where drive-by shootings occur on a nightly basis. Ya the Great Olean area is not a BIG CITY and that is why we all get along. 

We are David and you are Goliath

The otters are rioting in your backyard based on your slander.... 

To all of my Billiken friends, I have come to join your campfire and I have brought my Peace Pipe for us to enjoy!

As all of you Historians know we are the " Keepers of the Western Gate " . And will continue that honor - PC Police back-off. 

As for rivals - let me put it this way - you guys don't think your poop stinks and nothing feels better than making you come to Otterville, only to go back home crying to your Mommies. OR when our Braves return victorius  and your fans have lef the game at half-time. "Shades of Tyler Ralph"

Your team comes to town and they are treated with respect until they take the court. Over the years your team has carried a few players that have made very racist comments to the fans at the game. SOO fowl that I will not repeat them here. He really should have done a couple of laps around the Rosary Beads for what he said!

To COMPTON - people in glass houses should not throw stones. The SLU campus is located in such a lovely area of St Louis. This is where drive-by shootings occur on a nightly basis. Ya the Great Olean area is not a BIG CITY and that is why we all get along. 

You treat us with respect?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ncaa/cops-drunken-bus-driver-stranded-st-louis-basketball-team

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

Spoken like a true rival.

I don’t like St B’s. They beat us when we should have blown them out. They have a great coach. Anyone who can get kids to sign up for stint in Olean should be awarded the Medal of Freedom. They usually end up pissing me off, but to rival status? No. I don’t know who they can have a rivalry with other than ‘Cuse. 

Always love it when Brownie comes to visit ....

The Bonnies have opportunity for more rivals than us.  Canisius.  Iona.  Cornell.  Binghamton.  Albany.  Sienna.  Niagara.  Buffalo.  Of course, all of those schools would involve a step down in conference, something I thought the Bonnies were best doing until late.  They’ll never run with Syracuse likely along the same lines why we won’t run with Mizzou.  

Overall, the Bonnies hope to be a blip on the collegiate landscape as most schools do.  Ditto us.  We’re not there yet but we’re in a much better spot than the Bonaventure BIPOCs.

St. Bona is a worthy opponent and adversary, has good, loyal fans, and a good coach, even if he should wear a Bona uniform (given the amount of time he spends on or next to the court), rather than his sometimes camel sport jacket, which quickly gets removed.

After years of frustration, it has been good to beat the Bonnies the last two times, with 2019 being the big one, for the A10 Tourney Championship and automatic NCAA Tournament bid.

As for Otterville in Illinois, the last time I was there a guy was wearing a T-Shirt that read:  I'm from Illinois, where our former Governors make our license plates.

On 7/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, brownindians said:

I commend you b.i.. Fielding a competitive A10 basketball team is hard enough. Doing so in an isolated hollow of the Allegheny foothills prone to burying lake-effect blizzards, where "Big City" means Buffalo, and the strongest pitch to recruits is, "If you survive the journey to get here we can offer you sturdy shelter from the bleak surroundings and harsh elements, within which sits a basketball court from the middle of the last century", must make it all the more difficult. 

Indeed, the Bonnies are a testament to the grit and tenacity of college basketball. Which it needs now more than ever. 

I agree that we are Goliath. David was an adulterer, home wrecker, back stabber and murderer, which I have no doubt are common practices among the St. Bonaventure alumni community. 

33 minutes ago, Compton said:

I commend you b.i.. Fielding a competitive A10 basketball team is hard enough. Doing so in an isolated hollow of the Allegheny foothills prone to burying lake-effect blizzards, where "Big City" means Buffalo, and the strongest pitch to recruits is, "If you survive the journey to get here we can offer you sturdy shelter from the bleak surroundings and harsh elements, within which sits a basketball court from the middle of the last century", must make it all the more difficult. 

Indeed, the Bonnies are a testament to the grit and tenacity of college basketball. Which it needs now more than ever. 

I agree that we are Goliath. David was an adulterer, home wrecker, back stabber and murderer, which I have no doubt are common practices among the St. Bonaventure alumni community. 

You forgot to mention that David didn't even kill Goliath!

On 7/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, brownindians said:

Was it a few players that made racist slurs or just one? I call BS to the entire statement.