Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
HoosierPal

Chapley Article on Jacobs

Recommended Posts

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/billikens-sophomore-guard-demarius-jacobs-is-ready-to-take-the-next-step/

There is some interesting stuff in here, including some issues with last season.  Jacobs has added 30 pounds in the year+ he has been on campus.  Chapley says Jacobs has been a reliable distributor and ball handler in practice when they run, and that he is playing the pressure point on the ball when they press.

Keep the great information coming Carter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all kind of sort of expect what Chapley wrote ---- in essence we don't really know what to expect from both Hankton and Jacobs.  There is just no body of real evidence for either although I think we all agree that Hankton showed some minor flashes.  Jacobs was a complete mystery to me --- until this article so thanks for that Carter.  If Jacobs can regain some swag, it makes for an interesting defensive blitz in the backcourt with Goodwin, Thatch, Weaver, Jacobs and Collins.  With (presumably) a committee of three at the four (Perkins, Hargrove and Hankton) and double jeopardy at the five (Bell and Diarra) the OOC will surely be an interesting developmental session to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely going to be one of our most interesting seasons. So many questions to be answered .... or not. Really, so hard to tell at this point who will surprise and who will slide to the end of the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I think we all kind of sort of expect what Chapley wrote ---- in essence we don't really know what to expect from both Hankton and Jacobs.  There is just no body of real evidence for either although I think we all agree that Hankton showed some minor flashes.  Jacobs was a complete mystery to me --- until this article so thanks for that Carter.  If Jacobs can regain some swag, it makes for an interesting defensive blitz in the backcourt with Goodwin, Thatch, Weaver, Jacobs and Collins.  With (presumably) a committee of three at the four (Perkins, Hargrove and Hankton) and double jeopardy at the five (Bell and Diarra) the OOC will surely be an interesting developmental session to watch.

I am sure you only forgot not to mention French at the 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, almaman said:

Seems likely we have a player or two unhappy with their PT.

I don’t understand where this statement comes from.  Are you trying to say, we WILL have a player or 2 unhappy with their PT? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I don’t understand where this statement comes from.  Are you trying to say, we WILL have a player or 2 unhappy with their PT? 

it came from me. don't understand what you don't understand. I think if we have no departures, injuries before the season starts we have more qualified players than we have minutes to keep them all happy with their amount of minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, almaman said:

Seems likely we have a player or two unhappy with their PT.

If Jacobs and Hankton were happy and satisfied with their playing time last year I would not want either one on my team this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

If Jacobs and Hankton were happy and satisfied with their playing time last year I would not want either one on my team this year

Spot on. There is a difference with being dissatisfied with playing time and believing that you deserve playing time rather than being willing to compete for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree. Take for example Javon Bess, he worked and worked to develop skills, and become a better player which he succeeded in doing. Javon is doing the same while in the Pelicans and he may still get favorable results. What we do NOT need are the entitled prima donnas who think they deserve the world and act disruptively. Just look at the pictures of Jacobs last year and the pre-season pictures for this year and tell me if you think this guy is working hard at improving himself or not. Physically or body wise speaking he is markedly different from last year. I think he may do fine this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cheese --- I left French out more by planned omission.  Nothing nefarious, just more focused on the backcourt at first, then Hankton as an add-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Spot on. There is a difference with being dissatisfied with playing time and believing that you deserve playing time rather than being willing to compete for it.

Right.  I prefer our players to have the attitude that they're just gonna bust their asses as hard as they can in practice and let playing time sort itself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...