Another POSITIVE article about SLU in the Post.

There was another POSITIVE article about SLU the other day about the baseball team making the NCAA tournament.

What? They only do negative articles. Or no article at all.

Then Jesus Ortiz writes another nice column about SLU. Whoa.

This can't be. Definitely does not fit the narrative.

no one will respond because for some reason the Post doesn't get a fair shake on this site.

I'm glad the P-D is FINALLY giving SLU some well-deserved space.  I hope they continue the coverage in the NCAA tourney.  It would be even nicer if they devoted an article to that SLU team of '65 that finished 3rd in the College World Series, losing to the eventual NCAA champ, Arizona State.  That Sun Devil team had Rick Monday, Sal Bando and Duffy Dyer...and some freshman named Reggie Jackson.

12 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

I'm glad the P-D is FINALLY giving SLU some well-deserved space.  I hope they continue the coverage in the NCAA tourney.  It would be even nicer if they devoted an article to that SLU team of '65 that finished 3rd in the College World Series, losing to the eventual NCAA champ, Arizona State.  That Sun Devil team had Rick Monday, Sal Bando and Duffy Dyer...and some freshman named Reggie Jackson.

It's nice and all but I'm not about to give somebody a round of applause for doing their job. 

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

There was another POSITIVE article about SLU the other day about the baseball team making the NCAA tournament.

What? They only do negative articles. Or no article at all.

Then Jesus Ortiz writes another nice column about SLU. Whoa.

This can't be. Definitely does not fit the narrative.

no one will respond because for some reason the Post doesn't get a fair shake on this site.

well, Mizzou didn't qualify for the NCAA tournament, so they needed to write something. Isn't that what you were looking for troll?

AGB91 likes this

1 hour ago, GMan Alum said:

-I had no idea, thanks for this

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's nice and all but I'm not about to give somebody a round of applause for doing their job. 

You  know 05, I think a bit of encouragement to the people writing the SLU favorable articles might result in increased coverage. I know they are doing their jobs, I just want them to see a fair number of people appreciate it when they deal with SLU.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

You  know 05, I think a bit of encouragement to the people writing the SLU favorable articles might result in increased coverage. I know they are doing their jobs, I just want them to see a fair number of people appreciate it when they deal with SLU.

If it was Stu, Hochman, really anyone but Ortiz I would agree..

i'm sure ortiz took great pleasure in writing:

"He likes to sit by himself at Miller’s games. He never sat in the bleachers at Miller’s Little League, select or high school games. He preferred to bring a lawn chair and sit up the right field line by the bullpen area.

Tim Hogan migrated to seats behind the plate for SLU games to be closer to the catcher and the radar guns. Those seats were easier to secure at SLU, which set its attendance high this year with 411 fans against Jacksonville on April 20."

to spotlight the slu baseball attendance record and make it sound as though slu's attendance is routinely less than hogan's little league, select or high school attendance was totally uncalled for and added nothing but belittement to the slu program and had really nothing to add to the overall article.  for me it distracted from a nice article and took away the feel good of the story.     ortiz is a d!ck.

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

"He likes to sit by himself at Miller’s games. He never sat in the bleachers at Miller’s Little League, select or high school games. He preferred to bring a lawn chair and sit up the right field line by the bullpen area.

Tim Hogan migrated to seats behind the plate for SLU games to be closer to the catcher and the radar guns. Those seats were easier to secure at SLU, which set its attendance high this year with 411 fans against Jacksonville on April 20."

to spotlight the slu baseball attendance record and make it sound as though slu's attendance is routinely less than hogan's little league, select or high school attendance was totally uncalled for and added nothing but belittement to the slu program and had really nothing to add to the overall article.  for me it distracted from a nice article and took away the feel good of the story.     ortiz is a d!ck.

1. I can't stand Ortiz.

2. However, in fairness to him, in the next paragraph he described the atmosphere at Ole Miss, where they draw crowds of up to 12,000 fans.  I don't think he was being unfair to SLU by painting a picture of the difference in crowd sizes at SLU vs. Ole Miss.  Now, he should've said, "Those seats were easy to secure at SLU..." instead of "easier," as I can't imagine any seats are easier to secure at SLU than a high school game.  I think that may be his typical sloppy writing as opposed to some sort of dig at SLU.

3. I can't stand Ortiz.

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Wait a second. You were on here in the last week talking about how SLU baseball never cracks 500 people.... 

Your point about Ortiz is absolutely correct however. 

12 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

1. I can't stand Ortiz.

2. However, in fairness to him, in the next paragraph he described the atmosphere at Ole Miss, where they draw crowds of up to 12,000 fans.  I don't think he was being unfair to SLU by painting a picture of the difference in crowd sizes at SLU vs. Ole Miss.  Now, he should've said, "Those seats were easy to secure at SLU..." instead of "easier," as I can't imagine any seats are easier to secure at SLU than a high school game.  I think that may be his typical sloppy writing as opposed to some sort of dig at SLU.

3. I can't stand Ortiz.

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

Wait a second. You were on here in the last week talking about how SLU baseball never cracks 500 people.... 

The dumbest part of this whole thing is that it's near impossible to calculate attendance given that they don't sell tickets.

43 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

i never said it wasnt true.   i was remarking that ortiz went out of his way to spotlight our poor attendance at college baseball and emphasized such by insinuating that hogan's pre-college baseball always out drew the billikens attendance wise when it really added nothing to the story.