Following Willie Reed in the NBA, 2017-18

Duff Man

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't California have the highest taxes in America?  If nothing else likely becomes a pay raise just leaving for taxes

Less than half a season left. If Willie can avg 60% fg, and earn 1 reb/4 min, <1 foul/10 min; he gets that contract...assuming he gets his minutes over the last <1/2 season.

Edited by philliken
Stupidity

5 minutes ago, philliken said:

Less than half a season left. If Willie can avg 60% fg, and earn 1 reb/4 min, >1 foul/10 min; he gets that contract...assuming he gets his minutes over the last >1/2 season.

I hope so, but I'm a little worried. I watched him in a couple games over the last month, and he wasn't too impressive. DNP'd last night.

26 minutes ago, philliken said:

Less than half a season left. If Willie can avg 60% fg, and earn 1 reb/4 min, >1 foul/10 min; he gets that contract...assuming he gets his minutes over the last >1/2 season.

(Please don't get mad, but) less than points to the left and greater than points to the right.

32 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

(Please don't get mad, but) less than points to the left and greater than points to the right.

Why would I get mad? Great catch. Post edited!

thanks Job1!

Took another look. I don’t see Willie getting the MPG with the Pistons. Barring another injury to Blake, I feel Willie is going to be job hunting and hoping for any contract next year. Wish he wasn’t a part of the deal. With Jordan possibly to be dealt, he could’ve had a chance to show his worth like last year when Whiteside went down.

• Quality Is Job 1 changed the title to Following Willie Reed with the Clippers & Pistons, 2017-18
8 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Yikes. That amount of pay is the equivalent of a gently used Bentley.

Worth noting, this is not a new case, but is the result of the incident occurring in Miami last year. Looks like they worked just as quickly as SLU's Title IX team. http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/06/willie-reed-detroit-pistons-suspended-official-release/#/

Damn. I was excited to see him get some time with the Bulls. The league must be really down on Willie if a rebuilding team like Chicago won't take a flier on him for a few months. 

Coincidentally, I compared what Willie should have received to what Cristiano Felicio received from the Bulls - 4 years, 32 million during the offseason. Felicio is probably the worst player on that team too. 

59 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Damn. I was excited to see him get some time with the Bulls. The league must be really down on Willie if a rebuilding team like Chicago won't take a flier on him for a few months. 

Coincidentally, I compared what Willie should have received to what Cristiano Felicio received from the Bulls - 4 years, 32 million during the offseason. Felicio is probably the worst player on that team too. 

Felicio is pathetic, so is his contract. Got sent down to the G-League again today. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

What happens to his contract now that he’s been waived? 

He gets paid to sit home unless someone claims him in the next couple days. his domestic violence suspension came at the worst possible time for him. No one is signing him this year.