JettFlight5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I thought the Arch was located in the state of Missouri

Of course, it's also in the USA so you could use it for any school in the country!

You truly are an idiot!  When you see a picture of the Arch in print or on TV is the first thing that comes into your mind Missouri?  Really? I guess next we will see your famous program, the fighting Harris-Stowe whatevers, using the Arch in all of its athletic media. 

UMSL-yes; UMC-no. 

I suggest a field of corn surrounding a Walmart with a tractor in the parking lot, as the icon of Columbia/Boone County.

10 minutes ago, bauman said:

Of course, it's also in the USA so you could use it for any school in the country!

You truly are an idiot!  When you see a picture of the Arch in print or on TV is the first thing that comes into your mind Missouri?  Really? I guess next we will see your famous program, the fighting Harris-Stowe whatevers, using the Arch in all of its athletic media. 

UMSL-yes; UMC-no. 

I suggest a field of corn surrounding a Walmart with a tractor in the parking lot, as the icon of Columbia/Boone County.

i would suggest a student protest with a liberal professor knocking out a reporter for asking a tough question.  yeah thats where i want to send my kids.  

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Well, it is the Gateway to the West, so more than half of the country, geographically, can claim the Arch, right?

Whoever wants to claim the Gateway Arch can do so, but if you want to visit it and ride to the top and see the view, you have to go to St. Louis.

Also, I think everyone should realize that the best views of the Arch and the St. Louis skyline are found in the state of Illinois.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I thought Missouri is located in the Midwest.  The Arch must be a symbol for all of the Midwest.  

Wait, I thought the Midwest was located in the United States?  The Arch must be a symbol for all of the United States.

Wait, I thought the United States was located in North America?  The Arch must by a symbol for all of North America.

Wait, isn't North America located in the Western Hemisphere?  The Arch must be a symbol for the Western Hemisphere.

Isn't the Western Hemisphere located on Earth?  The Arch must by a symbol for Earth.   

We can keep going with where things are located.

7 minutes ago, kshoe said:

If mizzou re-does their court and does one of those darker stained outlines in the background, I'm expecting the arch to be on it next time.

p.s. I've long thought we should exactly that with our court.

It would be cool if you could somehow incorporate the arch into the 3 point arc. I'd prefer the shadow skyline though.

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It would be cool if you could somehow incorporate the arch into the 3 point arc. I'd prefer the shadow skyline though.

That might be possible if you used a photo of the St. Louis skyline with the Arch centered in the frame on each baseline, but the radius (or whatever mathematical term should be used) of the Arch and the three-point arc probably don't correspond precisely, so the effect would have to be made very subtle.

ete_img20140829-60953-estl-600x400.jpg

It would probably give the Bills more homecourt advantage, because they could use the shadings of landmarks on the court as "spots" on the floor.

8 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

If the Earth ever needs to be towed, I think the Arch would be the natural place to hook up.

i would hook up to the golden gate bridge with hopes that if it pulls out, it might suck california out into nothingness forever.   nothing could be better than getting rid of that horrible drain on our country.  i am hoping they go through with their succession plans.   

Just now, billiken_roy said:

i would hook up to the golden gate bridge with hopes that if it pulls out, it might suck california out into nothingness forever.   nothing could be better than getting rid of that horrible drain on our country.  i am hoping they go through with their succession plans.   

I try to make a nice joke (a joke I thought of while driving to SLU and seeing the Arch for the first time) and you go and ruin it.