Tilmon to Mizzou thread

Late Thursday-early Friday arrest; the P-D Mizzou drumbeater lives in Columbia; as of late Monday afternoon the St. Louis arm of  SPUMAC has still failed to report.  I thought the justification for Matter living in Columbia was so he could be on the scene quickly to report on all things SPUMAC.  Maybe he was just re-reading for the 22nd time the glowing tribute to Michael Porter Sr. and was unaware of breaking (negative) news.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Pulled over for a "lane violation"... aka "driving while black". Also, I don't ever hear of kids getting booked into jail for MIPs, even if they were in a car. 

Your post tells us, as they say, "all we need to know about you."

8 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Pulled over for a "lane violation"... aka "driving while black". Also, I don't ever hear of kids getting booked into jail for MIPs, even if they were in a car. 

C'mon. Bigs are the most likely ones to have lane violations.

11 minutes ago, goonaha said:

From the post article it sounds like he was drinking.  They said he passed the sobriety tests but didn't give him breathalyzer so can't know how drunk.  

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

Late Thursday-early Friday arrest; the P-D Mizzou drumbeater lives in Columbia; as of late Monday afternoon the St. Louis arm of  SPUMAC has still failed to report.  I thought the justification for Matter living in Columbia was so he could be on the scene quickly to report on all things SPUMAC.  Maybe he was just re-reading for the 22nd time the glowing tribute to Michael Porter Sr. and was unaware of breaking (negative) news.

While not a Mizzou fan, Matter is on vacation for a few weeks.   

2 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

From the post article it sounds like he was drinking.  They said he passed the sobriety tests but didn't give him breathalyzer so can't know how drunk.  

Well passing a sobriety test can give you a pretty good indication of "how drunk" (The answer is: not drunk). 

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Well passing a sobriety test can give you a pretty good indication of "how drunk" (The answer is: not drunk). 

But if someone under 21 has any inclination of recent drinking then it is just an MIP because they are not supposed to be drinking at all

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

But if someone under 21 has any inclination of recent drinking then it is just an MIP because they are not supposed to be drinking at all

I understand the letter of the law. My original post called into question 1) the reason he was pulled over to begin with 2) him actually being booked into jail for the offense.

Just now, majerus mojo said:

Classic goon

If it makes you feel better, I would be upset if the same thing happened to Jordan Goodwin this summer. Sorry I don't react with glee to a kid getting in trouble for nothing just because he plays for a rival of my team. 

4 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Sure but just piecing the story together, it gives me several questions.  He was pulled over for a lane violation.  Officers said they detected the odor of alcohol when they approached which sounds strange to me.  However, they said he said he was drinking.  So either Tilmon admitted he was drinking, or perhaps he was drunker than they let on and let him get away with just an MIP?  

This was Friday, can a theory not be that he was pulled over because he was drunk and behind a wheel, they were going to book him for DUI hence the arrest but somebody influential stepped in?  If the answer to those are no then yea I agree, it's a very odd story to get arrested for having beer in a car.  

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

If it makes you feel better, I would be upset if the same thing happened to Jordan Goodwin this summer. Sorry I don't react with glee to a kid getting in trouble for nothing just because he plays for a rival of my team. 

Being booked for MIP is fairly innocuous. I'm not reacting with glee, I've been booked for the same offense. I wasn't a scholarship athlete, nor driving a vehicle, but to each their own 

Just now, majerus mojo said:

Being booked for MIP is fairly innocuous. I'm not reacting with glee, I've been booked for the same offense. I wasn't a scholarship athlete, but to each their own 

I didn't accuse you of reacting with glee. But you did say "classic goon", which implies something.

1 minute ago, Bills_06 said:

Sure but just piecing the story together, it gives me several questions.  He was pulled over for a lane violation.  Officers said they detected the odor of alcohol when they approached which sounds strange to me.  However, they said he said he was drinking.  So either Tilmon admitted he was drinking, or perhaps he was drunker than they let on and let him get away with just an MIP?  

This was Friday, can a theory not be that he was pulled over because he was drunk and behind a wheel, they were going to book him for DUI hence the arrest but somebody influential stepped in?  If the answer to those are no then yea I agree, it's a very odd story to get arrested for having beer in a car.  

Sure, that could be a thing. However, given the MUPD's history of arresting athletes; I doubt it. Again, if he was actually drunk, I doubt he would've passed a sobriety test. 

There are other reasons for driving around like you are drunk and not have alcohol in your system. For example Tiger woods was recently jailed overnight for a DUI and driving erratically. He had no alcohol on board, what he had was a cocktail of pain killers on board. Tiger went into rehab following his "DUI".

Time will tell if Tilmon has recurrent episodes of erratic driving and arrests. I hope he does not, this would be a way to ruin his future.

4 hours ago, goonaha said:

Cry me a river. Stuff like this doesn't happen to SLU athletes.  Not saying it can't or won't happen (look at The Incident).  But Mizzou recruits basketball players, period, and could care less about the character of the person.  Tell me I'm wrong.

SPUMAC.  Still Producing Unwashed Miscreants And Cheating.