A10 All Conference Votes

Taj79

As we push into Saturday's final games, the all conference teams will likely come out.  So five players per team with three teams, first second and third. All Defensive team five.  All Newcomer Team is five.

A10 First Team: TJ Cline (Richmond), Charles Cooke (Dayton), Jaylen Adams (Bonaventure), Jack Gibbs (Davidson) and JeQuan Lewis (VCU).

Second Team: Tyler Cavanaugh (GW), Peyton Aldridge (Davidson), Scoochie Smith (Dayton), EC Matthews (Rhode Island), and Hasan Martin (Rhode island).

Third Team: Matt Mobley (Bonaventure), Shawn'dre Jones (Richmond), BJ Johnson (La Salle), Marquis Moore (Mason), and Justin Tillman (VCU).

Defensive Five: Kyle Davis (Dayton), Mo Alie-Cox (VCU), Joseph Chartouny (Fordham), Hasan Martin (Rhode Island), and Charles Cooke (Dayton).

Newcomer Five: Mike Lewis II (Duquesne), Jalen Johnson (Saint Louis), Dejon Jarreau (Umass), De'Monte Buckingham (Richmond), and Isiaha Mike (Duquesne).

POY: TJ Cline (Richmond).

COY: Kevin Mooney (Richmond).

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-perhaps this should have been in blue font? 

I wasn't being sarcastic at all.  Just pointing out that SLU will likely have at least 1 additional(?) player honored on the post season awards.  Crawford was All Academic in 2014 and 2016 (FS Midwest showed it last night and Highmark commented on it), so I'm hoping he will be again this year.

The teams are out.  How did I do?

http://www.atlantic10.com/pdf9/5294363.pdf

My first team all A10  was  TJ Cline (Richmond), Charles Cooke (Dayton), Jaylen Adams (Bonaventure), Jack Gibbs (Davidson) and JeQuan Lewis (VCU).  Cooke's teammate Scoochie Smith supplanted Cooke.  All right ---- even trade from my first and second teams. 

My second team had  Tyler Cavanaugh (GW), Peyton Aldridge (Davidson), Scoochie Smith (Dayton), EC Matthews (Rhode Island), and Hasan Martin (Rhode island).  Take Matthews out and move my third team Marquis Moore up one team.  Okay.

My third team was Matt Mobley (Bonaventure), Shawn'dre Jones (Richmond), BJ Johnson (La Salle), Marquis Moore (Mason), and Justin Tillman (VCU).  Kendall Pollard bumped BJ Johnson in the actual vote.  I'm going to say nice job on my part.  Freaking egotist!

My defensive five were  Kyle Davis (Dayton), Mo Alie-Cox (VCU), Joseph Chartouny (Fordham), Hasan Martin (Rhode Island), and Charles Cooke (Dayton). Missed on Chartouny who was replaced by Yuta Watanabee.  Four out of five, tho. 

Rookie team was Mike Lewis II (Duquesne), Jalen Johnson (Saint Louis), Dejon Jarreau (Umass), De'Monte Buckingham (Richmond), and Isiaha Mike (Duquesne).  Missed on Jalen and Jarreau (guess that east Coast bias don't like Louisianans) who were replaced by Jeff Dowtin of URI and Charlie Brown of the Joeys (how did I miss Charlie Brown?)

I got POY in TJ Cline (Richmond) but missed on COY with Kevin Mooney (Richmond) when they gave it to Archie. 

Crawford did get all-academic but I think it somewhat funny that the other four came from Fordham (Chartouny and Sengfelder) and GeeDubya (Steeves and Cavanaugh).  Surpised no VCUers in there.

49 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Good choices, all around. No argument from me.

Hope to see "Saint Louis" next to more than one name next season. How about the entire All-Rookie team?

Do transfers count toward the All-Rookie team? I think they have in some conferences we've been in, and not in others.

22 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Most Punchable Coaches:

Hurley

Schmidt

Giannini

I have to give it to Hurley. He wins with no class. Hated him for running up the score. Also his sideline antics are reprehensible.

For Schmidt & Giannini, I kind feel sorry for. Coaching in nowheresville-Olean or in that mausoleum they call a gym in Philly, they are entitled to act out a little.