GDT: Southern Ute Cuisine

Taj79

Just starting this one up for tonight.  I get this game and the next one on my sports package so I am happy to report I can watch this carnage live tonight.  Gonna have to tape "Gotham."

I did get the Ball State game on tape delay, which started at 4 in the morning.  Considering the horror show it was, it likely saved many children from being mentally scarred for life.  The only things I will say are three: 1) the dearth of talent on this team was again exposed, 2) try outs for spots on future teams are ongoing, and 3) Gillmann, Neufeld and Bishop opened on a down note, Roby and Hines on flat-line notes, and Welmer and Johnson on up sides.  The grade on Moore was an incomplete in my book.  Another good point is the sample size is only one game so more to follow.  I liked Ford's search to find something ---- so much so that we tried pressing, token pressing, half court press/traps and zone. 

As a team, I got exactly what I expected.  And evaluating based on wins and losses will be futile.  Just have to see individual improvement going forward. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SLU vs. SUU

Unique part of the country. One of these days I'll get out there and hit the Utah national parks; SUU is pretty close to Zion, and within a few hours of several others. My wife and I have also decided next time we visit the Grand Canyon, it'll be from the less-traveled north rim.

Anyway, it's a shame to see The Wiz's line at 7 because this is a team we'd beat by 27 in most years.

We're going to have our hands full with Randy Onwuasor, who, as @TheChosenOne mentioned in the last GDT thread, is a guy we recruited hard for a little bit and who wound up at Texas Tech, a bit underused. He played all 40 minutes in the opener against Valpo and had this stat line: 35 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 turnovers, 2 fouls, and a steal. 50% from the field, 67% from 3, and 69% from the FT line. He's a guy whose name I haven't thought of in a few years, but who apparently has found a place where he's got a full green light.

If JB and MC shoot like they're capable, ie, don't go 1-15 from the floor, we're in the game. All the stuff RA seemed to have fixed in the second half of last season came back to haunt him with the travel calls and missed layups. I saw Gillmann and Neufeld play 8 mins. each and am not sure why everyone is on their case so bad. Granted, they're probably not A-10 level players but I didn't notice anything so glaring that they shouldn't be in the rotation. With Elliot "The Over" Welmer ready to break out and a little better shooting, we'll be fun to watch and might pull some upsets. Doesn't look like a team capable of a winning season though.

Mr. bill:  your very statement was " ... not sure why everyone is on their (Gillmann/Neufeld) case so bad. Granted, they're probably not A-10 level players but I didn't notice anything so glaring that they shouldn't be in the rotation."  If you are not an A-10 level player, not only is the question why are you in rotation but isn't it also why are you on the team?  Nice kids I am sure but more proof in the pudding that the previous regime had no clue.  NO CLUE!

44 minutes ago, wgstl said:

nvm saw it was 7k, not bad. 

-I thought it was a very nice crowd considering, a shame we dropped a stink bomb but I hope they return and have their bar codes

-that first half was brutal, let's not repeat that tonight or ever

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

SLU vs. SUU

<Unique part of the country. One of these days I'll get out there and hit the Utah national parks; SUU is pretty close to Zion, and within a few hours of several others. My wife and I have also decided next time we visit the Grand Canyon, it'll be from the less-traveled north rim.>

ride from Moab to Zion unreal. scenic hy 12? I think is number is just incredible. As my lovely wife said didn't think desolate could be so beautiful

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Moore got 22 minutes last game. I think that's a good range for him at this point in his career 

Fair. I guess the offensive struggles overall just made it feel like he wasn't out there as much as he was. If Crawford's shooting doesn't improve I wouldn't mind ZM taking more shots. He had 6 in the last game I believe. As an aside, It was nice to see Agbeko get a little something going in the second half.