GDT: NCAA Tournament Opening Weekend

Pistol

Ha Ha Bob Cry Baby Huggins you lose. Huggins gets a well deserved "T". I listened to Austin and WV driving down to LOZ and it was a wonderful drive listening to the announcers describing the Huggins melt down.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 games still to go on Friday but here is how it looks for the mid-major (i.e. non power 5) vs. power conferences. I'm going to look at games in 5 through 12 seeds as those are the only ones involving at-large caliber mid-majors.

Mid-major winners:

Wichita St. over Vandy

Wichita St. over Arizona

Gonzaga over Seton Hall

Yale over Baylor

VCU over Oregon St.

Little Rock over Purdue

Power 5 winners:

Maryland over SD State

Iowa over Temple in OT

Indiana over Chatanooga

Michigan over Tulsa

Syracuse over Dayton

6-5 in total for the mid-majors with UNI looking like they could make it 7-5. But here's the rub; in 8 of the 9 games (only Dayton is the exception) the power 5 school was the higher seed. Sure does call into question how biased the seeding is in favor of the power 5 schools.

How should the UConn win be classified if you are counting Tulsa and Temple as mid major losses?

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/gary-rima-college-basketball-paul-jesperson-half-court-shot-call- UNI's radio guy calling the game winner. Lasts about a minute and worth a listen.

Down goes Texas, down goes Texas... Ka-boom!!!

4 games still to go on Friday but here is how it looks for the mid-major (i.e. non power 5) vs. power conferences. I'm going to look at games in 5 through 12 seeds as those are the only ones involving at-large caliber mid-majors.

Mid-major winners:

Wichita St. over Vandy

Wichita St. over Arizona

Gonzaga over Seton Hall

Yale over Baylor

VCU over Oregon St.

Little Rock over Purdue

Power 5 winners:

Maryland over SD State

Iowa over Temple in OT

Indiana over Chatanooga

Michigan over Tulsa

Syracuse over Dayton

6-5 in total for the mid-majors with UNI looking like they could make it 7-5. But here's the rub; in 8 of the 9 games (only Dayton is the exception) the power 5 school was the higher seed. Sure does call into question how biased the seeding is in favor of the power 5 schools.

The Big East (Seton Hall) is not a Power 5 conference, is it? The "Power 5" are ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-12, and SEC. The Big East, American, and A-10 are part of the next tier.

I love the first week of the big dance because of the upsets but this is crazy, how are those brackets going for everyone?

The Big East (Seton Hall) is not a Power 5 conference, is it? The "Power 5" are ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-12, and SEC. The Big East, American, and A-10 are part of the next tier.

My apologies. Big east is part of the power 6. They really are part of that group whereas everyone else is something else.

Ha Ha Bob Cry Baby Huggins you lose. Huggins gets a well deserved "T". I listened to Austin and WV driving down to LOZ and it was a wonderful drive listening to the announcers describing the Huggins melt down.

This is trending in one of my feeds. Miss you, Huggie. Have a great off-season!

10399923_10101727078043938_2112007435338

The biggest question I got about the 2016 March Madness is why the heck does burger King have hot dogs?

The biggest question I got about the 2016 March Madness is why the heck does burger King have hot dogs?

and why does derrick rose still have a commercial? i'd rather have a hotdog for a point guard. preferable to a point guard with gonads for kneecaps.

1443609069194561218.gif

Good to see Gonzaga winning again even though it is another bite out of my brackets and they have a decent chance of making it to the elite eight. The Zags fun will probably end against Iowa State. I like everything big 12 because I think that is the best basketball conference and all teams in played that grueling conference schedule. Kentucky wiped out another elite eight in my brackets.

Good to see Gonzaga winning again even though it is another bite out of my brackets and they have a decent chance of making it to the elite eight. The Zags fun will probably end against Iowa State. I like everything big 12 because I think that is the best basketball conference and all teams in played that grueling conference schedule. Kentucky wiped out another elite eight in my brackets.

Pac-12 got exposed. Absolutely pitiful from them. Id love to see st joes put the finishing touches on that scam.