GDT: That team that Jim Crews "coaches" vs. GW

jimbofive

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay if Reggie doesn't make another free throw all year after this. I'm also okay with keeping Crews as long aa they get him to leave the state for every practice.

I want to see a trend first. Can the team play like this game in, game out? That's the key to determining the future of the status quo.

We were playing 4 guards and Reggie at the end. It seemed to work

This was the key, going to the small lineup. Coaching issues aside, the players played with heart tonight. Could have folded down 13 in the second half. One hopes they learn from this and learn to give this effort every game. MC had a great second half and that final shot was truly awesome. How about the pass from Roby!

This was the key, going to the small lineup. Coaching issues aside, the players played with heart tonight. Could have folded down 13 in the second half. One hopes they learn from this and learn to give this effort every game. MC had a great second half and that final shot was truly awesome. How about the pass from Roby!

The best lineup for this team appears to be Miles, Roby, Ash, Crawford and Agbeko. The team doesn't rebound that well anyway, and the 'bigs' can't do anything at all, so might as well go small and put your best five out there most of the time.

The best lineup for this team appears to be Miles, Roby, Ash, Crawford and Agbeko. The team doesn't rebound that well anyway, and the 'bigs' can't do anything at all, so might as well go small and put your best five out there most of the time.

Pretty much this. Rotate in MY, MB, and AG as needed, but I think we've gotta go 4 guards and play our best lineup as much as possible. Was just talking about this with some people after the last game, so it's nice to see it play out that way and get mentioned tonight. They were right!

I'll add that this didn't necessarily feel like our best possible game. We just played sound defense, forcing a lot of turnovers, and took advantage of opportunities from that. Shot selection was better, FT shooting was there when we needed it.

GW helped us by not playing well at all, making a lot of mistakes, missing a lot of shots and FTs in the second half - they didn't look like the savvy group of veterans I expected to win by 18 or so. They shot well in the first half but turned it over a lot.

And that really was the difference, looking at the stats. We had 10 more field goal attempts and 8 fewer turnovers. We also took 8 fewer FT attempts to make the same amount (12). It came down to opportunity.

We won a thriller, by 3, against a top 20 RPI team.

And Jolly contributed.

Jolly played well enough to make a difference. Protected the rim. Slammed down a dunk shot. Some reb's. Some good passes.

We needed Jolly.

Admit it.

Not a Jolly fan, but he just played the best half of all around basketball of any of our centers all year. The team was better with him on the court.

holy ****, a Jolly dunk!

Holy smokes - Jolly with the power dunk as the shot clock expires!

Best game I've seen him play ever so far.

i have to begrudgingly agree.

Why "begrudginlgly"?

Please explain.

We won a thriller, by 3, against a top 20 RPI team.

And Jolly contributed.

Jolly played well enough to make a difference. Protected the rim. Slammed down a dunk shot. Some reb's. Some good passes.

We needed Jolly.

Admit it.

Troll.

Troll.

Do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list.

He's gloating about the surprisingly-not-terrible performance of the worst player on a bad team that is performing worse than anyone's expectations and managed a surprising win. That's some next-level troll behavior.

Not to mention - this is our team. We want them to win. We don't want them to be bad. There's no need to rub it in posters' faces when we have an outcome we all want. Bizarre behavior (for a normal, rational person; not for MB).

As others had said that was the best home game in the last 2 years. Welcome back, MC. MR needs to be on the court, he is the energy that makes this team run (34 min).

I would like to give a thank you to the fan in the lower part of Section 115 that called out Gus Foulups after announcing a foul on DR but it was AY with the foul. You got Gus to turn around and say something to you.

I would like to give a thank you to the fan in the lower part of Section 115 that called out Gus Foulups after announcing a foul on DR but it was AY with the foul. You got Gus to turn around and say something to you.

-yeah, I saw a bit of this interaction and wondered if Gus was being a pr!ck to the fans or giving a 'ha-ha, i made another mistake' reaction

-at least AY was on the court when he announced his non-foul, a step in the right direction