Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter did make a tweet to the effect of "if you're going to make a change make sure it's better than what you've already got" after announcing he was leaving SLU but right before he committed to Valpo. Wasn't it pretty clear that was a Crews-related transfer?

Carter did make a tweet to the effect of "if you're going to make a change make sure it's better than what you've already got" after announcing he was leaving SLU but right before he committed to Valpo. Wasn't it pretty clear that was a Crews-related transfer?

Yeah, he signed to play for Majerus, then transferred after Rick died. There may have some issue he had with Crews, but I forgot what it was. I took the tweet to mean that given his options after transferring he wished he hadn't transferred.

Inglesby or Drew? Who would you guys honestly prefer?

Inglesby apparently did a lot of work at Notre Dame and Brey raved about his coaching and recruiting talents. Drew is already a terrific up and coming head coach who has made Valpo into a two time (should be three time) NCAA tourney team in five years. Both would be awesome hires for SLU, significant upside with either guy. At this point I'll be highly disappointed in May and the AD if we end up with anyone other than Drew, Inglseby, or Rice. I have a feeling Chaifetz won't let that happen.

Also, maybe Volfan is right. But perhaps we told Inglesby that we will give him the job if Drew does not accept within 48 hours of Valpo's season ending....

Just a thought: What coach doesn't rave about their assistant coach? Drew has actual head coaching experience with results. He is a perfect match for St. Louis.