Brett Jolly needs more minutes!!!

Creekeraz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't get in the game today, but I don't think it's an indictment of his contributions. The four bigs all bring different skillsets and styles to bear, and it seems Jolly's fit the bill on Saturday but not tonight. There's nothing wrong with that.

Agree with this post

I'm not going to defend Jolly's play so far, except to say that he's at the beginning of his Sophomore year. At other schools where they have a balance of upper classmen to go with the Freshmen and Sophomores, a big like Jolly gets to make his mistakes and do his learning in practice, not during the games. This guy gets slammed by the message Board because he has been thrust into the spot light way to early. At the same time, I bet if he had been riding the bench mostly up to this point, the posters would be clamoring to get him in to see what he can do.

I remember thinking that Remeken was not much for us his first couple years. Then, as an upperclassman, he really started to contribute.

Let's give this kid a break and let him learn the game like he should. We've all seen examples of kids who watch and learn and practice and develop and get stronger and get smarter. Then, all the sudden, one season they just break out. We even have a damn term for that: "Conklin Summer."

Manning scored a crucial bucket against NC State in the NCAA tourney. Let me know when either BJ or AG does that.

For all the grief that BJ gets, AG might even be worse.

Certainly not the NCAA tournament or even NC State, but AG hit the 3 against SIUE that sparked our late run. Without it, we may be talking 3-2 right now.

AG still needs a lot of work, particularly on the defensive end, but he also does a lot of other nice things.

This GIF from the Billibuckets blog pretty much says it all:

https://billibucketsdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/jollyterribleshot.gif?w=526&h=329

This is amazing. I didn't see any of the game but would've gone nuts if I saw that live. My guess is he's completely afraid of the larger defender and trying to go high off the glass and just overdid it. Inexcusable, regardless. That's embarrassing in a grade school gym.