Roster Turnover Question

If some rumors of 2 more transfers are true, that will mean potentially 6 new scholarship players again next season to go along with 6 new players last season, minus 2 frosh, leaving 10 underclassmen.

I hope my math is correct, please correct me....if I'm wrong. But needless to say that's way too much turnover 2 years in a row. When does Chris begin asking questions of the Staff as to what the hell is going on... He's got a new boss, plus there is a board Chair that has PASSION.....for the game and "his" team.

I think serious red flags are all over the place.

ehhhhh, majerus cleaned house after big classes a couple times, too, that worked out. i think this dream of every player earning 4 years of playing time the second they sign that LOI needs to end. you get one or two years to prove worth, and if you don't, your sh.it is expendable. nipping entitlement in the bud is a solid game plan going forward for this team and this generation as a whole.

How many years of rebuilding is Crews entitled to? He belongs to easily the most entitled generation in American history. Today's college students are the ones who will be forced to pay the note for that entitlement. At some point it's got to be time to shift the "accountability" talk away from the kids playing for a free education and back to the coach who brought them here in the first place. I'll be anxious to see whether everyone's attitude changes if there is not significant improvement next year.

How many years of rebuilding is Crews entitled to? He belongs to easily the most entitled generation in American history. Today's college students are the ones who will be forced to pay the note for that entitlement. At some point it's got to be time to shift the "accountability" talk away from the kids playing for a free education and back to the coach who brought them here in the first place. I'll be anxious to see whether everyone's attitude changes if there is not significant improvement next year.

It does seem like some are already laying the groundwork to forgive Crews if next season sucks, too.

The 6 new players would be the 2 already signed, 2 for TL and AM, and the 2 rumored to be leaving. Landing 4 decent recruits in the Sprong is unheard of for SLU. I hope they are really careful how they deal with these and not just give them to marginal players.

They should be on the phone to BC, CE, and RL asking for videos of good down under kids.

Ugh....

I've heard Jolly and Reynolds, but before you go bashing me I don't have any official sources. Just hear-say around campus.

From what I have heard, Reynolds is here because he wants to play basketball, not because he needs scholarship money. I cannot imagine him going to a lot of places where he has a high likelihood of more playing time unless he drops down to another level.

From what I have heard, Reynolds is here because he wants to play basketball, not because he needs scholarship money. I cannot imagine him going to a lot of places where he has a high likelihood of more playing time unless he drops down to another level.

I don't think I get what you're saying? If it's all about basketball, then why wouldn't he leave for more playing time elsewhere?

But I do agree, I don't think he leaves. I used to think him and Jolly were gone, but I am starting to really doubt that.

I don't think I get what you're saying? If it's all about basketball, then why wouldn't he leave for more playing time elsewhere?

But I do agree, I don't think he leaves. I used to think him and Jolly were gone, but I am starting to really doubt that.

Just that, as a sophomore at SLU, it would seem he has a high likelihood of playing time at SLU (especially with AM's departure) whereas going somewhere else significantly increases the uncertainty around his playing time. That's really all I was saying. The other related point is that I don't think money is an issue for his family at all so it's all about bball.

Jolly could leave but Reynolds has the best speed on the team-small and skinny but time will take care of that> The things wrong with Jolly's game are pretty much Manning year 1 and 2

Jolly could leave but Reynolds has the best speed on the team-small and skinny but time will take care of that> The things wrong with Jolly's game are pretty much Manning year 1 and 2

Disagree about Jolly. He already seems more coordinated than Manning ever was. Also has better range. Manning was so herky-jerky and methodical out there. I don't see the same things from Jolly. Forget what game it was, but he hit a fade away jumper with the shot clock expiring that Manning could've shot a hundred times and never made. It's like Manning was never comfortable with being 6'11". Jolly seems to have good coordination for being a big man.

I like Jolly's potential, especially if he can put on some weight and work on his defense. I think he will come around offensively with time. Hope he stays.

Disagree about Jolly. He already seems more coordinated than Manning ever was. Also has better range. Manning was so herky-jerky and methodical out there. I don't see the same things from Jolly. Forget what game it was, but he hit a fade away jumper with the shot clock expiring that Manning could've shot a hundred times and never made. It's like Manning was never comfortable with being 6'11". Jolly seems to have good coordination for being a big man.

I like Jolly's potential, especially if he can put on some weight and work on his defense. I think he will come around offensively with time. Hope he stays.

this is crap, jolly pulls that fadeaway out of his ass. manning had very good range out to 18 feet. he just had the worst mobility and hands of all time. a NEW AGE bills team that makes the tourney most years cannot have manning or jolly on it.