FIRE JIM CREWS

JayOren1

Does anyone realize that if you take away the last 2 seasons before this past season, (because Jim Crews was playing with Rick Majerus's players), that his win-loss coaching record the past 8 seasons is 70-161 (.303 win percentage)? And I'm being kind by not throwing in his coaching record while at Evansville previous to Army. Some might say I'm overreacting, some might say it's "only one season", but I promise you if he continues to coach our beloved Billikens you can kiss the NCAA tournament goodbye. He's ruining what Rick Majerus worked so hard to build at a university not known for basketball previous to his arrival. 11-21 overall and 3-15 in conference is unacceptable and as fans if we sit silent that's exactly what it will become...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had faith in Jim Crews. He was an uninspiring hire from the AD, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

I am grateful for Majerus. He showed me what I always believed. A competent coach can make SLU a very respectable basketball program.

Back to the dark ages for SLU, but I remain happy as I clinch to the 3-year run our little program had under proper leadership.

RIP Majerus & the program he built.

When you go 3-15 in the A10.... Starting a conversation around termination is justified.

Some people make the most of life...and some people spend their time trying to get others fired...on a message board. Go figure.

Dwayne's_World, on 14 Mar 2015 - 5:56 PM, said:

Personally, I'd go for Howland. He could really bring in some high level recruits to this program. I don't believe we should immediately settle for a coach from the MO Valley or some other meddling conference, we need to make a big splash type deal if possible. IMO

Howland has too much negative baggage. His reputation for cheating won't sit well with SLU officials.

Fact is 4/5 posters on this board would prefer a new head coach next season.. I would make a poll but I'm lazy

Probably. And 4 out of 5 posters here are probably wearing tinfoil hats! :)

The witch hunting and character assassination problem is inherent in our current American culture with its predominance of entitled, loud, and unthinking characters permeating every aspect of our society. We live in the "ME" culture with instant messaging, and zero ability to deal with anything that goes against our wishes. We have many of these people in this board, who cannot live without instant gratification or without calling attention upon themselves and their hurt desires. Add to these the trolls that flock in waves at unpredictable times and you have threads like this. This happens in every fan board.

The reality is this: We have a team that got soundly beaten this season. We have a coach that did not get the team where we hoped it might go. Certainly the teams lack of success did not meet the needs of all of these entitled "fans". We cannot send the whole team packing and replace it with another team of magically talented players that will win every game they play from the word go. These mythical players are not available, period. We are not going to replace the head coach for this coming year, period. We need to develop the team we have in place with the coach that we have in place, period. This still leaves a lot of room for positive action and improvement. The individual players may (should) frequent the gyms and weight rooms, the head coach may judiciously preen the team and the coaching staff, carefully replacing some where required. Lots can be done before the next year playing season. This is reality guys, suck it up and live with it. The current state of affairs will not last forever. Have no doubt that the head coach is aware that he bears the ultimate responsibility for the achievements or lack thereof of the team. Have no doubt that the head coach's continuation will ultimately depend on team success, it just will not happen NOW.

The witch hunting and character assassination problem is inherent in our current American culture with its predominance of entitled, loud, and unthinking characters permeating every aspect of our society. We live in the "ME" culture with instant messaging, and zero ability to deal with anything that goes against our wishes. We have many of these people in this board, who cannot live without instant gratification or without calling attention upon themselves and their hurt desires. Add to these the trolls that flock in waves at unpredictable times and you have threads like this. This happens in every fan board.

The reality is this: We have a team that got soundly beaten this season. We have a coach that did not get the team where we hoped it might go. Certainly the teams lack of success did not meet the needs of all of these entitled "fans". We cannot send the whole team packing and replace it with another team of magically talented players that will win every game they play from the word go. These mythical players are not available, period. We are not going to replace the head coach for this coming year, period. We need to develop the team we have in place with the coach that we have in place, period. This still leaves a lot of room for positive action and improvement. The individual players may (should) frequent the gyms and weight rooms, the head coach may judiciously preen the team and the coaching staff, carefully replacing some where required. Lots can be done before the next year playing season. This is reality guys, suck it up and live with it. The current state of affairs will not last forever. Have no doubt that the head coach is aware that he bears the ultimate responsibility for the achievements or lack thereof of the team. Have no doubt that the head coach's continuation will ultimately depend on team success, it just will not happen NOW.

Get this old guy some Mexican ice cubes for his drink, he just hammered it home. I do want obvious D1 underperformers like Lancona and Jolly to be shipped out when they don't produce AT ALL, though.