GDT - Bonawelding

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Alumni ----- if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Same goes for the facts. Essentially both guys had nondescript careers. They won in spite of themselves because their collective teams were much better and defined the term "got carried." But SLU has had a lot of those guys ----Troy Robertson included.

I got nothing. Hey, but according to the announcers we can really come on in the tourney. Anyone want to make an offer on that bridge to Brooklyn?

Yeah, the entire SLU cheering section of three guys will each wear paper bags on their head.

Roy will wear a t-shrt that says slu billikens, all lowercase, Jumbo will wear a shirt that says FOUK HATE! and Metz will wear an orange jumpsuit

We play so, so poorly at Richmond typically. Can we just forfeit that one and not go?

I'll be having an awesome dinner at Paul Manno's that night with multiple bottles of outstanding French and California wine. I might look at the score later that evening....maybe not...

Crews didn't shoot 57% from the line or 32% from the field. Or blow the layup that would have put us within 2. (Or miss another of our 10+ shot-per-game misses from within two feet.)

Seriously, the most annoying Crews defense to read. We got blown out at home by another A-10 team, again

Sure Alumni ----- if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Same goes for the facts. Essentially both guys had nondescript careers. They won in spite of themselves because their collective teams were much better and defined the term "got carried." But SLU has had a lot of those guys ----Troy Robertson included.

So Taj, let's make OURSELVES feel better by just beating the living out of people verbally. Yep, that works, especially on a national broadcast. You are frustrated, I get that, and you are a great fan, but your frustration is skewing your perspective. Let's face it, about 0.000001% of the world population cares, yet some of us are melting down over a bunch of primarily teenagers playing netball. Perspective, my friend.

Cardinals baseball tomorrow!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

THE BROWN INDIANS WIN - AGAIN!!!

Hey billikenbill, I too " like the Brown Indians moniker for the Bonnies, aka, Billiken beaters.

Go Bonnies

And with the Bonnies' scintillating and cataclysmic victory tonight, with notice no doubt taken in international capitals on all applicable continents, on the ships at sea, as well In Olean within the Enchanted Mountains, at the North Pole and Antarctica, the all-time head to head series is now:

St. Louis U 10 St. Bona 6, and that includes last year's A10 gift wrapped present to the Bonnies in the '14 A10 Tournament.

The odds are we'll see you next year for more excitement in this only in the A10 "traditional rivalry" between two "like minded institutions."

By the way, how's the Snow up there?

THE BROWN INDIANS WIN - AGAIN!!!

Hey billikenbill, I too " like the Brown Indians moniker for the Bonnies, aka, Billiken beaters.

Go Bonnies

Congrats. Good win in an ugly game. For some reason, this has become an interesting rivalry. That said, if an asteroid hits the Earth, I hope you can understand that I hope it hits Olean. Have a nice winter this spring.

Don't get too exited. The Field Manager remains the same.

Taj and BABs have never been seen in the same place at the same time... :D

P.S. Heading out your way soon. Inn Above Tide, Dipsea Trail run, then to Napa, my home away from home.

I was there and left about 5 minutes early, a very cold and disappointing night. However, despite all the wailing and fault finding, I thought the kids played more like a team tonight. This does not mean to say they played well, but they played more together, more like a team. Yes indeed they did not play like a good team, but just like a team that is not comfortable playing that way. Neither AY nor MY dominated the scoring or made a lot of those athletic runs to the basket just to miss the layup. I thought RA and DR played reasonably well. I thought our kids shot very poorly. It looked to me like a team trying to do things in a new way for them, and not being able to pull it off. I would guess they really had made up their minds to go at it this way tonight and try this approach. Were they good at it?, no they were not. Is this progress? time will tell. Honestly I think we may have two games left for the season, anything else is a bonus as far as I am concerned.

I was happy to see GG among them, the looked very dapper in his black suit. Congratulations to JM and GG for their graduations, they did work hard and for a long time to get where they are now.

Yeah, the entire SLU cheering section of three guys will each wear paper bags on their head.

Roy will wear a t-shrt that says slu billikens, all lowercase, Jumbo will wear a shirt that says FOUK HATE! and Metz will wear an orange jumpsuit

That's uncalled for.

Feel bad for Manning

I hear ya. After 3 great teams to end it like this while playing injured all year...sucks.

I really think Grandy could have been that guy to get in some faces and demand more.

Let's just hope the PT the freshman got is worth more in the long run than the 3 or 4 wins Grandy would

have got us.