GDT - Bonawelding

hsmith19 you made statement " if you're going to have a cartoonishly racist team name you could at least settle on one ethnicity to caricature. "

Because you are soooo ignorant let me explain to you, the Brown is for our Franciscan Friars that founded St Bonaventure - the Indians are for the local Seneca Nation - Keepers of the Western Gate... And if you didn't know there is a big push on by Native American to continue to honor the pride of all American Indians

Dont worry brownindians...hsmith19 seems like the type of person to bring race into every conversation.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a casual fan who's been to 7 Bills games this year, I thought, "It's a waste that this team has to travel all the way to Brooklyn to lose in the A-10 tournament. Plenty of ###### teams to lose to starting tomorrow at Scottrade."

Apologies if offended. I'm a believer that college basketball is a regional sport. As a fan, SLU has discarded that notion along with any notion of being not totally offensive at the game of basketball, as well.

Using your logic then you would only recruit locally since it is a regional sport - in other words why would a kid from out of the region - MVC territory - every come to a school of his home region. No basketball is a national sport where regional interest at times come together. If it was only regional then our closest rival would be SIUE - really

Using your logic then you would only recruit locally since it is a regional sport - in other words why would a kid from out of the region - MVC territory - every come to a school of his home region. No basketball is a national sport where regional interest at times come together. If it was only regional then our closest rival would be SIUE - really

+111

The ignore list is an awesome feature.

Anyway, after sleeping on it and having the perspective of a new day - I'm still not bullish on this program for the foreseeable future.

The body language last night was troubling. Saw it more than ever this season. They were a defeated team by the second media timeout (looked good for the first few minutes, actually). Like any other game, there are a few positives to cherry pick (Gillmann's rebounding and shot making, for instance) but overall things are pretty dire.

Dont worry brownindians...hsmith19 seems like the type of person to bring race into every conversation.

Haha. A fan from an opposing team comes to our message board and starts complaining yet again about how his own school was forced to change their racist team name decades ago (a subject he brings up every single time he drops by here), but I'm somehow how the one who brought race into the conversation?

Do you actually believe that? Too funny. Almost as funny as brownindians' "defense" that the name only caricaturizes one ethnicity rather than two.

Yeah, The Brown Note is common on shelves on both sides of the river here (Ohio, Northern Kentucky). Against the Grain is....playful when it comes to their labels.

I haven't been a fan of Gillmann's play this year, but he did have a nice game last night. He picked up 8 boards, which is his high for the year. I'm not sure he muscled anyone for any of the eight, but he was in position to grab the board, which he hadn't been for much of the year. He stood his ground against Ndoye, and wasn't pushed around as easily as other big centers have done to him. His last foul when their arms got tangled was a bad call. No way Gillmann at 215 pounds pulls down Ndoye at 250 lbs.

If only he can gain foot-speed and strength (easy right), he would be a very nice stretch 4.

Sorry your team has sunk to such depths. Bona fan that enjoyed a decade of unwatchable basketball after the "welder" incident. BTW that resulted in the death of the chair of the board of trustees so thats why we dont giggle as hard over it. Good luck getting back on track. As far as the Brown Indian thing goes, not only did we have a Brown Squaw, but both mascots used to run around the gym floor pregame chasing the opponent's mascot in a fake Indian war cry and waving a tomahawk. Then he'd scalp them. Swear to God.

Good luck the rest of the way and death to the orange,

Sorry your team has sunk to such depths. Bona fan that enjoyed a decade of unwatchable basketball after the "welder" incident. BTW that resulted in the death of the chair of the board of trustees so thats why we dont giggle as hard over it. Good luck getting back on track. As far as the Brown Indian thing goes, not only did we have a Brown Squaw, but both mascots used to run around the gym floor pregame chasing the opponent's mascot in a fake Indian war cry and waving a tomahawk. Then he's scalp them. Swear to God.

Damn, I forgot to post this as I typically do when we play Bonaventure. Classic stuff. Bonnies are nuts.

orangehater, let it go, this is the season of Lent. They are just a little sore about Gathers beating the Billikens on that last second three point shot by Gathers, which was played over and over again on ESPN, and still remember when Tyler Relph came into the 'Fetz and was dropping 3's from all over the court.

jimbofive, WestCoastBilliken and Box and One, thanks and a BIG hardy hand shake goes out to you guys. Pistol you call me a troll? If have always showed you guys respect even when you came to the Rielly Center a couple of years ago.

Like I said see you guys next year!

Peace and out

and thank you so much Clock Tower, very thoughtful of you.

+1 Or politics, political correctness... Gets really old.

Brownindian.

Ignore also the other comments of you being troll, etc. Personally, I find you very entertaining. You come on our Board just before/after each game (even when you guys lose to us), you post a few comments about your team and wish us good luck, you are positive respect to your team and do not take shots at our team/players, you make your good-natured points and then you leave -- unlike the a@$ holes from VCU to try to take over our Board and run their mouths. Trolls over stay their welcome. You do not.

Good luck as well.

I haven't been a fan of Gillmann's play this year, but he did have a nice game last night. He picked up 8 boards, which is his high for the year. I'm not sure he muscled anyone for any of the eight, but he was in position to grab the board, which he hadn't been for much of the year. He stood his ground against Ndoye, and wasn't pushed around as easily as other big centers have done to him. His last foul when their arms got tangled was a bad call. No way Gillmann at 215 pounds pulls down Ndoye at 250 lbs.

If only he can gain foot-speed and strength (easy right), he would be a very nice stretch 4.

The 8 rebounds were good but I thought the best think Austin did was to catch and pass the ball from the middle of their zone. I don't know how many points it produced but the ball doesnt stick when it goes to him.

orangehater, let it go, this is the season of Lent. They are just a little sore about Gathers beating the Billikens on that last second three point shot by Gathers, which was played over and over again on ESPN, and still remember when Tyler Relph came into the 'Fetz and was dropping 3's from all over the court.

jimbofive, WestCoastBilliken and Box and One, thanks and a BIG hardy hand shake goes out to you guys. Pistol you call me a troll? If have always showed you guys respect even when you came to the Rielly Center a couple of years ago.

Like I said see you guys next year!

Peace and out

and thank you so much Clock Tower, very thoughtful of you.

No we're not sore about Gathers. However, a few of us have not forgotten Jordair Jett, the A10 Player of the Year, getting fouled at the left elbow by your guard, no call, and then getting hammered at the hoop to the floor by your 7 foot Center, again no call. Then as Jordair Jett was literally down on the court in pain, the Bonnies raced to the other end, playing 5 on 4, with a guard who was probably Jett's man, hitting a key 3 at crunch time at the other end.

Even Dayton fans told me we got screwed, after I made them respond before answering their inquiry if we thought they got screwed. Such similar A10 zebra hijinks happened to Dayton, right after the zebras gifted your Bonnies, in the infamous Ramon Galloway, Michael Jordanesque push off and "game winning 3."

Only in this A10 East Coast Bus League, could the 2 Midwestern schools, accused of having their feet out the door at the same setting one year prior, get shafted back to back.

+1 Or politics, political correctness... Gets really old.

Brownindian.

Ignore also the other comments of you being troll, etc. Personally, I find you very entertaining. You come on our Board just before/after each game (even when you guys lose to us), you post a few comments about your team and wish us good luck, you are positive respect to your team and do not take shots at our team/players, you make your good-natured points and then you leave -- unlike the a@$ holes from VCU to try to take over our Board and run their mouths. Trolls over stay their welcome. You do not.

Good luck as well.

In all fairness, who are you? Why should brownindians care about your perception of his opinions and posts? What an ego you have on you to share a viewpoint and think that others would care to hear it.

Sorry your team has sunk to such depths. Bona fan that enjoyed a decade of unwatchable basketball after the "welder" incident. BTW that resulted in the death of the chair of the board of trustees so thats why we dont giggle as hard over it. Good luck getting back on track. As far as the Brown Indian thing goes, not only did we have a Brown Squaw, but both mascots used to run around the gym floor pregame chasing the opponent's mascot in a fake Indian war cry and waving a tomahawk. Then he's scalp them. Swear to God.

Yikes. I can't decide whether it's funny or sad that the guy who posts on here is still bitter over the name change.

Good post. You do have to call this season what it is and a spade a spade. Sugar coating and not being critical won't get our team and our fan base anywhere. Were we expecting similar results from the last three years with this team? No, not at all. Were we expecting laughing stock status? Absolutely not. So a line has to be drawn in the sand as far as criticism goes... Do we chalk this entire season up to growing pains and the adjustment a number of teenage boys are making to a faster and more aggressive game or do we look at those last three NCAA tournament appearance banners and point to them and say "this is the standard?"

Rough season? You bet your ass. But it's not the end of the world, guys. These kids live for the game of basketball and I believe this season will be the fuel that drives them. Sometimes you do have to bottom out in order to find your way back to the top. It's a tough lesson for kids who probably didn't experience losing this much in high school.

+1 and sorry about that Metz, you were right, it was uncalled for... Good to hear things are going well...

+1 and sorry about that Metz, you were right, it was uncalled for... Good to hear things are going well...

It's ok man... Appreciate the gesture and hope things are going well in your world, too, fellow Billiken brother.

In all fairness, who are you? Why should brownindians care about your perception of his opinions and posts? What an ego you have on you to share a viewpoint and think that others would care to hear it.

Reread your posts where you are the one saying such stupid things. All I do is point them out.

Again, grow up.

Reread your posts where you are the one saying such stupid things. All I do is point them out.

Again, grow up.

No, he won't (sigh).

Every once in awhile you run into a guy like him who thinks he is sharp and witty and isn't at all, but just keeps going on and on and on...